Multiple Entries

Jim Bond
I am compiling a listing of song titles and performers, names together with the CD title.
Is there any way that I can have a song title previously entered to repeat itself upon typing the first few letters?
Anything entered before shutting down the computer is re-entered but all repeating is lost upon shutting down the computer.
Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

Re: Multiple Entries

NoOp-4
On 11/23/2010 08:53 AM, Jim Bond wrote:
> I am compiling a listing of song titles and performers, names
> together with the CD title. Is there any way that I can have a song
> title previously entered to repeat itself upon typing the first few
> letters? Anything entered before shutting down the computer is
> re-entered but all repeating is lost upon shutting down the
> computer. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

Perhaps you can try word completion:
Choose Tools - AutoCorrect Options - Word Completion tab
[click on the help button for more info - also see the section
"Fine-Tuning the Word Completion for Text Documents/To Use the Word List
for Further Sessions"]

Re: Multiple Entries

Thomas Cameron
Thank You, NoOP, but I have had the AutoCorrect set since the beginning. It works fine DURIND A SESSION, but once I shut down the computer for even an hour,
almost everything is forgotten.
Please advise where I can find the section :-"Fine-Tuning the Word Completion for Text Documents/To Use the Word List

> for Further Sessions"]
Thanks again.

On 2010-11-23, at 1:46 PM, NoOp wrote:

> On 11/23/2010 08:53 AM, Jim Bond wrote:
>> I am compiling a listing of song titles and performers, names
>> together with the CD title. Is there any way that I can have a song
>> title previously entered to repeat itself upon typing the first few
>> letters? Anything entered before shutting down the computer is
>> re-entered but all repeating is lost upon shutting down the
>> computer. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.
>
> Perhaps you can try word completion:
> Choose Tools - AutoCorrect Options - Word Completion tab
> [click on the help button for more info - also see the section
> "Fine-Tuning the Word Completion for Text Documents/To Use the Word List
> for Further Sessions"]

Re: Multiple Entries

mike scott-2
On 24/11/10 13:29, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> Thank You, NoOP, but I have had the AutoCorrect set since the beginning. It works fine DURIND A SESSION, but once I shut down the computer for even an hour,
> almost everything is forgotten.
> Please advise where I can find the section :-"Fine-Tuning the Word Completion for Text Documents/To Use the Word List
>>
>> for Further Sessions"]
> Thanks again.

Check Tools | Cell Contents | Autoinput maybe? It's distinct from word
completion. And readily found in the OOo help file - plug 'completion'
into the search box.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England

Re: Multiple Entries

Niklas Nebel-2
On 11/24/10 14:29, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> Thank You, NoOP, but I have had the AutoCorrect set since the beginning. It works fine DURIND A SESSION, but once I shut down the computer for even an hour,
> almost everything is forgotten.
> Please advise where I can find the section :-"Fine-Tuning the Word Completion for Text Documents/To Use the Word List
>>
>> for Further Sessions"]

 From the Writer help index, look under word completion, settings.

Niklas

Re: Multiple Entries