Multiple primary key errors

Girvin R. Herr
I am rewriting my Rekall forms in OOo Base and am having a problem
changing table primary key names.  After editing the name and hitting
the save icon, I get:

    Error while saving table design
    Multiple primary key defined.
    [OK]

I am trying to change primary key names in several of my tables to a
name that is more accurate and unique.  Closing and re-editing the
failed table shows the new key name took, but the key icon is missing.
If I try to reinstate the primary key by right-clicking the far left
column on the key row and selecting "Primary Key", I get the same error
when I try to save it and it is still missing if I close and re-edit again.

Yesterday, I was able to make these name changes on my main tables
without any complaints.  Today, it is failing on my tables containing
selections for the data entry form drop-down controls.  I tried going
back and changing the key in a table that worked yesterday and it still
worked.  I am at a loss to know the difference between these tables.

I did a web search for this error but did not find anything useful.
I did read something in a hit about "dropping" a primary key before
changing it, but I didn't read anything about this procedure in the Base
options, help, or guides.

Using:
Linux OO.o 2.4.1
mysql-connector-java-5.1.12
MySQL    5.0.84

Yes, 2.4.1 is old, but it is stable and after an OS upgrade which broke
my stable Rekall database client, I am trying to get things working with
Base first, before adding more unknowns with an upgrade to OO.o 3.x.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Girvin Herr

Antw: [dba-users] Multiple primary key errors

B Egidio
Hi Girvin,

are you trying to change te tables from within Base or with the tools
of mysql?
I would rather use mysqlAdmin or phpmyadmin for changes
of this kind.

Regarding OOo 3.x - as far as I know Base got enough improvements
that it seems advisable to start with the current version right away.
I am afraid you create more trouble for yourself with the old version
than you could save by sticking with something considered "reliable".

Wishing you good success in your transition

Br.Egidio

>>> "Girvin R. Herr" <[hidden email]> 04.01.2011 22:19 >>>
I am rewriting my Rekall forms in OOo Base and am having a problem
changing table primary key names.  After editing the name and hitting
the save icon, I get:

    Error while saving table design
    Multiple primary key defined.
    [OK]

I am trying to change primary key names in several of my tables to a
name that is more accurate and unique.  Closing and re-editing the
failed table shows the new key name took, but the key icon is missing.

If I try to reinstate the primary key by right-clicking the far left
column on the key row and selecting "Primary Key", I get the same error

when I try to save it and it is still missing if I close and re-edit
again.

Yesterday, I was able to make these name changes on my main tables
without any complaints.  Today, it is failing on my tables containing
selections for the data entry form drop-down controls.  I tried going
back and changing the key in a table that worked yesterday and it still

worked.  I am at a loss to know the difference between these tables.

I did a web search for this error but did not find anything useful.
I did read something in a hit about "dropping" a primary key before
changing it, but I didn't read anything about this procedure in the
Base
options, help, or guides.

Using:
Linux OO.o 2.4.1
mysql-connector-java-5.1.12
MySQL    5.0.84

Yes, 2.4.1 is old, but it is stable and after an OS upgrade which broke

my stable Rekall database client, I am trying to get things working
with
Base first, before adding more unknowns with an upgrade to OO.o 3.x.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Girvin Herr

Sollte diese Nachricht Spam sein, bitte hier klicken:
http://mail.kanaan.org/cgi-bin/learn-msg.cgi?id=207BA408108.A554D