Quantcast

Multiplying Time by Numbers

Alan Pearce
I would like to multiply Hours and Minutes by a number of GB pounds. Is this possible and if so how please?

Alan.

Sent from Samsung tablet

Re: Multiplying Time by Numbers

Rory O'Farrell
On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 12:51:39 +0000
Alan Pearce <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to multiply Hours and Minutes by a number of GB pounds. Is this possible and if so how please?
>

> Alan.

You will need to convert your time (HH:MM) to a decimal fraction, before multiplying it by the hourly rate.  This tutorial will explain how OpenOffice handles time values.  The values you multiply must be numbers, not string representations of numbers.

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=82181
--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Multiplying Time by Numbers

Julian Thomas

> On Mar 18, 2017, at 08:51, Alan Pearce <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I would like to multiply Hours and Minutes by a number of GB pounds.

Be thankful that you don't need to deal with pounds shillings and pence!  All you need to do [as was pointed out] is convert time to minutes and adjust your cost/hour figure to make it cost/minute.

----
Julian Thomas   - http://jt-mj.net

People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light within. - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross