Must Read Computer books

Chad Smith
Hi Everyone,

I know there are a wide range of topics within the phrase "Computer Books" but I was wondering if you could recommend some "must read" computer books.  I'm mostly interested in Web Development and Design, PVR/HTPC/DVR/MCPC/Set-Top-Box stuff, going more in depth into Linux, and learning some basic programming so I can start hacking OOo and finally get all the features I want.  But anything that you think a geek shouldn't be without.

--
- Chad Smith
http://www.gimpshop.net/
http://www.chadwsmith.com/
Because, admit it, you've got nothing better to do right now...

Re: Must Read Computer books

JC Helary-2
> I know there are a wide range of topics within the phrase "Computer
> Books" but I was wondering if you could recommend some "must read"
> computer books.  I'm mostly interested in Web Development and
> Design, PVR/HTPC/DVR/MCPC/Set-Top-Box stuff, going more in depth
> into Linux, and learning some basic programming so I can start
> hacking OOo and finally get all the features I want.  But anything
> that you think a geek shouldn't be without.

"Practical Common Lisp" for a "must read", for the rest the last
edition of Eric Meyer's CSS reference @ Oreilly is the only thing
that comes to my mind. I am not into the acronyms you mention :)

JC