My Java Program as a plugin/addon to oppenoffice

My Java Program as a plugin/addon to oppenoffice

joshua verano
Hi,

joshua verano wrote:

 Good Day!

I have a very rough day thinking on how will i integrate or add my java
program to OpenOffice Specifically writer. I have developed a spell
checker that checks the spelling of words in my own native
dictionary(It's not english). Please give me some advice.
Thank you very much. Your email add was forwarded to me by mathias.

 Cheers,
 Israel Tabar

Re: My Java Program as a plugin/addon to oppenoffice

thomas.lange

Hi Joshua,

joshua verano wrote:

> Hi,
>
> joshua verano wrote:
>
>  Good Day!
>
> I have a very rough day thinking on how will i integrate or add my java
> program to OpenOffice Specifically writer. I have developed a spell
> checker that checks the spelling of words in my own native
> dictionary(It's not english). Please give me some advice.
> Thank you very much. Your email add was forwarded to me by mathias.

That is a rather unspecific question and therefore I don't know where to
start.
Thus I'm throwing a bunch of links to you since I do not know where your
problems are. Here they are:

If you gonna write a Java component you will probably do so by using the
Java UDK.
http://udk.openoffice.org
http://udk.openoffice.org/java/man/index.html
http://udk.openoffice.org/java/man/java_component_howto.html

As for spell checker implementation:
http://sw.openoffice.org/drafts/linguistic_howto.html  (That is for C++
though)
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/DevelopersGuide/OfficeDev/OfficeDev.xhtml#1_2_3_6_Implementing_a_Spell_Checker

If you download the complete Developers Guide I think somewhere within
should also be some very old Java example code. Use it with caution
since it was written without being much familiar with Java.

You should also search the api-dev ML for a thread about Implementing
one-instance components with Java. It was named "Implementing UNO
service as singleton".

Regards,
Thomas

Re: My Java Program as a plugin/addon to oppenoffice

Jancs
Hi!

Quoting joshua verano <[hidden email]>:

> program to OpenOffice Specifically writer. I have developed a spell
> checker that checks the spelling of words in my own native
> dictionary(It's not english). Please give me some advice.

It would be interesting to hear why you use specific app in Java and
not the native spellchecking engine (myspell/hunspell).

Janis

Re: My Java Program as a plugin/addon to oppenoffice

ge-7

There is since 2004 an open source java program, jmorph-2.0, that does ispell/hunspell spell checking and also full morphologic analysis (generates morphologic data from inflected words and also generates inflected words from wod stem + morphologic data as input.).

http://http://sf.net/projects/jhunlang
Sample dictionary is in Hungarian.

What does your program know from this and what can it more?
What is your purpose with your program?

-eleonora

Re: My Java Program as a plugin/addon to oppenoffice

Marcin Miłkowski
Hi Joshua,

if you want to use context information, which is the only possible I can
imagine for not using hunspell, you can also try to adapt LanguageTool
Java code for your purpose - you would only need to change the markup
constant in one of the routines we have - createOOoError, line 418, change:

aError.nErrorType = com.sun.star.text.TextMarkupType.PROOFREADING;

aError.nErrorType = com.sun.star.text.TextMarkupType.SPELLCHECK;

You would also like to remove lots of processing that we already have.
The code should be easy enough to prune. See:

http://languagetool.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/languagetool/JLanguageTool/src/java/de/danielnaber/languagetool/openoffice/Main.java?revision=1.92&view=markup

We also have a very simple singleton factory already in place:

http://languagetool.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/languagetool/JLanguageTool/src/java/de/danielnaber/languagetool/openoffice/SingletonFactory.java?revision=1.6&view=markup

Regards
Marcin