My (and your) emails about Thesaurus

David Morris
Took your advice and got it without any problems. Didn't know it could be so easy. May I be so bold as to suggest you could add these instructions to Open Office Help since I was baffled as to how to do it with the limited details about Thesaurus there?
Many thanks!
David

Re: My (and your) emails about Thesaurus

Brian Barker-2
At 17:42 12/08/2019 +0000, David Morris wrote:
>Took your advice and got it without any problems. Didn't know it
>could be so easy.

Good-oh!

>May I be so bold as to suggest you could add these instructions to
>Open Office Help since I was baffled as to how to do it with the
>limited details about Thesaurus there?

Are you, as it seems, restricting yourself to the built-in help text?
There is some help there - under "toolbars;adding buttons". But there
is plenty more help available. Full documentation is available from
the web site: start at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_User_Guide_Chapters
. (Don't worry that the manuals claim to be for version 3.3: they are
still very appropriate for current versions.) You can choose to
display or download complete guides or individual chapters. I
recommend downloading the complete guides, which you can then search
in your favourite PDF viewer.

"Customizing toolbars" is explained in Chapter 14, "Customizing
OpenOffice", of the "Getting Started" guide, as well as in Chapter
16, "Customizing Writer", of the "Writer Guide".

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker