[NEW CHAIR] Carl Marcum is the new chair for Apache OpenOffice

[NEW CHAIR] Carl Marcum is the new chair for Apache OpenOffice

Marcus (OOo)
Hello all,

Jim Jagielski resigned his position as VP, Apache OpenOffice last week
for personal reasons. The Apache OpenOffice PMC thanks Jim for his
efforts and engagement as VP, and we respect his decision. Jim will
continue as PMC member and Release Manager.

Carl Marcum volunteered, and so the PMC recommended him to the Board of
Directors. At the monthly Apache Software Foundation Board Meeting on
Wednesday Carl was appointed to the position. The PMC thanks Carl for
volunteering and will support him in his new role.

Best regards

Marcus
(on behalf of the Apache OpenOffice PMC)

Re: [NEW CHAIR] Carl Marcum is the new chair for Apache OpenOffice

Carl Marcum
Thanks Marcus,

I appreciate the support of the PMC and the Board.
I'm lucky to have so many former Chairs still active and some not so
that have reached out to offer support.

I'll do my best.

Best regards,
Carl

On 3/21/20 8:45 AM, Marcus wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Jim Jagielski resigned his position as VP, Apache OpenOffice last week
> for personal reasons. The Apache OpenOffice PMC thanks Jim for his
> efforts and engagement as VP, and we respect his decision. Jim will
> continue as PMC member and Release Manager.
>
> Carl Marcum volunteered, and so the PMC recommended him to the Board
> of Directors. At the monthly Apache Software Foundation Board Meeting
> on Wednesday Carl was appointed to the position. The PMC thanks Carl
> for volunteering and will support him in his new role.
>
> Best regards
>
> Marcus
> (on behalf of the Apache OpenOffice PMC)

Re: [NEW CHAIR] Carl Marcum is the new chair for Apache OpenOffice

Kay Schenk-2
Congratulations Carl, and thank you for volunteering to be the new chair
of AOO.

We all really appreciate your work here at AOO!

Best,

Kay

On 3/21/20 6:45 AM, Carl Marcum wrote:

> Thanks Marcus,
>
> I appreciate the support of the PMC and the Board.
> I'm lucky to have so many former Chairs still active and some not so
> that have reached out to offer support.
>
> I'll do my best.
>
> Best regards,
> Carl
>
> On 3/21/20 8:45 AM, Marcus wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Jim Jagielski resigned his position as VP, Apache OpenOffice last
>> week for personal reasons. The Apache OpenOffice PMC thanks Jim for
>> his efforts and engagement as VP, and we respect his decision. Jim
>> will continue as PMC member and Release Manager.
>>
>> Carl Marcum volunteered, and so the PMC recommended him to the Board
>> of Directors. At the monthly Apache Software Foundation Board Meeting
>> on Wednesday Carl was appointed to the position. The PMC thanks Carl
>> for volunteering and will support him in his new role.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Marcus
>> (on behalf of the Apache OpenOffice PMC)

Re: [NEW CHAIR] Carl Marcum is the new chair for Apache OpenOffice

Carl Marcum
Thanks Kay!

On 3/23/20 6:19 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> Congratulations Carl, and thank you for volunteering to be the new
> chair of AOO.
>
> We all really appreciate your work here at AOO!
>
> Best,
>
> Kay
>

> On 3/21/20 6:45 AM, Carl Marcum wrote:
>> Thanks Marcus,
>>
>> I appreciate the support of the PMC and the Board.
>> I'm lucky to have so many former Chairs still active and some not so
>> that have reached out to offer support.
>>
>> I'll do my best.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Carl
>>
>> On 3/21/20 8:45 AM, Marcus wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> Jim Jagielski resigned his position as VP, Apache OpenOffice last
>>> week for personal reasons. The Apache OpenOffice PMC thanks Jim for
>>> his efforts and engagement as VP, and we respect his decision. Jim
>>> will continue as PMC member and Release Manager.
>>>
>>> Carl Marcum volunteered, and so the PMC recommended him to the Board
>>> of Directors. At the monthly Apache Software Foundation Board
>>> Meeting on Wednesday Carl was appointed to the position. The PMC
>>> thanks Carl for volunteering and will support him in his new role.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>>
>>> Marcus
>>> (on behalf of the Apache OpenOffice PMC)

Re: [NEW CHAIR] Carl Marcum is the new chair for Apache OpenOffice

Peter Kovacs-3
I would also like to thank you, for volunteering. I know this demands
some self organization.

I would like to post something on Facebook about beeing a chairman.

Well not so much about the change, more informal what a chair does. And
using the change as a hook.

Something like:

Apache OpenOffice has changed the chair. What does a chair do in the
OpenOffice Project?

The chair does have the responsibility to deliver a quarterly report to
the apache board about the situation of the Project.

The Chair also works with the board that projects suffice to Apache
standards. This Voluntary position is unpaid.

Something like this, and not to long.I would like to slowly teach people
how we are structured. What do you think?

I am currently do not have so much time. Still would be cool if I can
post this this week.

Can I name you Carl on Facebook? (Some people do not want to see
themselfs there. ;) )

Thanks for any help.

All the Best

Peter

Am 24.03.20 um 00:43 schrieb Carl Marcum:

> Thanks Kay!
>
> On 3/23/20 6:19 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> Congratulations Carl, and thank you for volunteering to be the new
>> chair of AOO.
>>
>> We all really appreciate your work here at AOO!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Kay
>>

>> On 3/21/20 6:45 AM, Carl Marcum wrote:
>>> Thanks Marcus,
>>>
>>> I appreciate the support of the PMC and the Board.
>>> I'm lucky to have so many former Chairs still active and some not so
>>> that have reached out to offer support.
>>>
>>> I'll do my best.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Carl

Re: [NEW CHAIR] Carl Marcum is the new chair for Apache OpenOffice

Carl Marcum
Hi Peter,

No problem.  You can use my name. If you need a link let me know, I've
got a business page.

Best regards,
Carl