Native Language Confederation. Community Council

Native Language Confederation. Community Council

Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков
Dear Colleagues! good afternoon.

The http://www.openoffice.org/native-lang/ "Native Language Confederation" in the NLC Mission refers to the Council of the Community and provides a link to the Council's website (http://council.openoffice.org/) and a list of selected members of the Council of the NLC (http://council.openoffice.org/#nlc)

The Community Council page gives an error of 404, because it does not exist.

Question:
Does the Community Council no longer exist?
Or is "Native Language Confederation" no longer relevant?

I think that the information on the official website should be up-to-date and error-free 404.

--
Yours faithfully,
Aleksey Evgenievich Harlamenkov.

Re: Native Language Confederation. Community Council

Marcus (OOo)
Am 04.07.2018 um 13:58 schrieb Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков:
> The http://www.openoffice.org/native-lang/ "Native Language Confederation" in the NLC Mission refers to the Council of the Community and provides a link to the Council's website (http://council.openoffice.org/) and a list of selected members of the Council of the NLC (http://council.openoffice.org/#nlc)
>
> The Community Council page gives an error of 404, because it does not exist.
>
> Question:
> Does the Community Council no longer exist?
> Or is "Native Language Confederation" no longer relevant?

both. Now it's only the L10N which counts.

> I think that the information on the official website should be up-to-date and error-free 404.

Thanks for your hint. As the re-work is taking more time than we have at
the moment, I've just deleted the dead links for now.

Marcus

Re: Native Language Confederation. Community Council

Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков
Marcus, good afternoon!

The page http://www.openoffice.org/native-lang/ says:
Louis Suárez-Potts, Lead Native Language Confederation.

Q: Does Louis Suárez-Potts participate in the project? the leader?

Thank you for the answers.

--

04.07.2018, 22:46, "Marcus" <[hidden email]>:

> Am 04.07.2018 um 13:58 schrieb Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков:
>>  The http://www.openoffice.org/native-lang/ "Native Language Confederation" in the NLC Mission refers to the Council of the Community and provides a link to the Council's website (http://council.openoffice.org/) and a list of selected members of the Council of the NLC (http://council.openoffice.org/#nlc)
>>
>>  The Community Council page gives an error of 404, because it does not exist.
>>
>>  Question:
>>  Does the Community Council no longer exist?
>>  Or is "Native Language Confederation" no longer relevant?
>
> both. Now it's only the L10N which counts.
>
>>  I think that the information on the official website should be up-to-date and error-free 404.
>
> Thanks for your hint. As the re-work is taking more time than we have at
> the moment, I've just deleted the dead links for now.
>
> Marcus

Re: Native Language Confederation. Community Council

Dave Fisher
Hi Aleksey -

This page has never really been updated since OpenOffice came to Apache. It was ported over but never edited.

Please see https://openoffice.apache.org/native-lang.html

Louis is not currently involved in the project.

Regards,
Dave

> On Jul 6, 2018, at 12:11 AM, Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Marcus, good afternoon!
>
> The page http://www.openoffice.org/native-lang/ says:
> Louis Suárez-Potts, Lead Native Language Confederation.
>
> Q: Does Louis Suárez-Potts participate in the project? the leader?
>
> Thank you for the answers.
>
> --
> Yours faithfully,
> Aleksey Evgenievich Harlamenkov.
>

> 04.07.2018, 22:46, "Marcus" <[hidden email]>:
>> Am 04.07.2018 um 13:58 schrieb Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков:
>>>  The http://www.openoffice.org/native-lang/ "Native Language Confederation" in the NLC Mission refers to the Council of the Community and provides a link to the Council's website (http://council.openoffice.org/) and a list of selected members of the Council of the NLC (http://council.openoffice.org/#nlc)
>>>
>>>  The Community Council page gives an error of 404, because it does not exist.
>>>
>>>  Question:
>>>  Does the Community Council no longer exist?
>>>  Or is "Native Language Confederation" no longer relevant?
>>
>> both. Now it's only the L10N which counts.
>>
>>>  I think that the information on the official website should be up-to-date and error-free 404.
>>
>> Thanks for your hint. As the re-work is taking more time than we have at
>> the moment, I've just deleted the dead links for now.
>>
>> Marcus

Re: Native Language Confederation. Community Council

Алексей Евгеньевич Харламенков
Dave! Thank you for the information.