Need Oracle PDF Import Exp to work asap in Open Office and Wasted 3 Hours

Need Oracle PDF Import Exp to work asap in Open Office and Wasted 3 Hours

Gina Wolf
If someone could please help asap.  I've been through utube videos and websites and have gotten so close so many times and come up with something going wrong each time.  I've spent at least 3-4 hours on just wanting to edit one thing in a pdf file and just need to get my work done.  Looks like I can't use the Oracle pdf import extension in my version of Open Office, so I tried downgrading to another version several times and keep coming up in the same cycles of nowhere.   Please help.

Gina Wolf

Re: Need Oracle PDF Import Exp to work asap in Open Office and Wasted 3 Hours

Keith N. McKenna
On 4/9/2018 11:30 AM, Gina Wolf wrote:
> If someone could please help asap.  I've been through utube videos and websites and have gotten so close so many times and come up with something going wrong each time.  I've spent at least 3-4 hours on just wanting to edit one thing in a pdf file and just need to get my work done.  Looks like I can't use the Oracle pdf import extension in my version of Open Office, so I tried downgrading to another version several times and keep coming up in the same cycles of nowhere.   Please help.
>

> Gina Wolf

Gina;

For Apache OpenOffice version >= 4.0 you need the version of the
extension located at the following:
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/pdf-import-apache-openoffice.
Even with this extension OpenOffice is not the optimal way to edit PDFs.
If your work requires editing of PDFs often you would be better served
by a dedicated PDF editing software.

Regards
Keith

RE: Need Oracle PDF Import Exp to work asap in Open Office and Wasted 3 Hours

Geoffrey Hartwell
Some .pdf items are recorded as text but others are whole images.  Images may need OCR software if they are to be imported.  That is why some can be loaded and some not.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey Hartwell
Eur Ing Professor Geoffrey M. Beresford Hartwell CEng
FIMechE FIET SenMIEEE(USA) FCIArb FICArb(India)
[hidden email]
http://www.arbitrator-engineer-gbh.co.uk/
Consulting Engineer, Chartered Arbitrator, and FIDIC Accredited Adjudicator

If someone could please help asap.  I've been through utube videos and websites and have gotten so close so many times and come up with something going wrong each time.  I've spent at least 3-4 hours on just wanting to edit one thing in a pdf file and just need to get my work done.  Looks like I can't use the Oracle pdf import extension in my version of Open Office, so I tried downgrading to another version several times and keep coming up in the same cycles of nowhere.   Please help.

Gina Wolf

Re: Need Oracle PDF Import Exp to work asap in Open Office and Wasted 3 Hours

Martin Groenescheij

On 10/04/18 1:30 AM, Gina Wolf wrote:
> If someone could please help asap.  I've been through utube videos and websites and have gotten so close so many times and come up with something going wrong each time.  I've spent at least 3-4 hours on just wanting to edit one thing in a pdf file and just need to get my work done.  Looks like I can't use the Oracle pdf import extension in my version of Open Office, so I tried downgrading to another version several times and keep coming up in the same cycles of nowhere.

On the Extension page it is clearly stated in BOLD:
*If you are using Apache OpenOffice 4.0 or later, you must use another
version: PDF Import for Apache OpenOffice
<http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/node/17351>.
*So you wasted your time by not reading the instructions.

**