Need help with document format

dslents
I have a paragraph in a saved text document, that I wanted to modify,but now it's in a lined, spreadsheet format with cells, and I can't do anything with it.I need to convert it back to a simple text document that I can work with.
I can't account for why it changed, as have several other similar saved documents.I'm using Windows 10 and just DL the Open Office update, which didn't help with this issue.
Thanks.Doug

Re: Need help with document format

Brian Barker-2
At 18:53 11/02/2019 +0000, Doug Noname wrote:
>I have a paragraph in a saved text document, that I wanted to
>modify, but now it's in a lined, spreadsheet format with cells, and
>I can't do anything with it. I need to convert it back to a simple
>text document that I can work with.

It sounds as if your text is in a table, which is a format of cells
in columns and rows - yes, in appearance much like a spreadsheet. Put
the insertion pointer somewhere in the table and use Table |
Convert > | Table to Text... .

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker