Need support -

ringo@compuserve.com

Sir;

In the past I have sent an annual donation to keep open office alive.
However there is a conspicuous lack of product support. Until I am
able to receive an intelligent answer to the question "Please can
someone tell me why the open office spell checker works
intermittently?" I am no longer sending money to open office.

I have attempted several avenues of support all met with frustration
as I was totally ignored or received well meaning but feckless
support from amateurs.

I like your product and agree with most of the 'open source' ideals
but am frustrated and disenchanted with the absence of any formal
support. Open office is forcing me to fall back in using overpriced
Microsoft products.

Please advise.

Hank Jones

<mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]

Re: Need support -

Goran Rakic
У уто, 28. 09 2010. у 09:08 -0400, [hidden email] пише:
> Sir;
>

> In the past I have sent an annual donation to keep open office alive.
> However there is a conspicuous lack of product support. Until I am
> able to receive an intelligent answer to the question "Please can
> someone tell me why the open office spell checker works
> intermittently?" I am no longer sending money to open office.

Donations keep the project going, but there are not the substitute for
commercial support.

Your contributions to the projects are valuable and combined with others
they allow all users worldwide to spread and use OpenOffice.org
software.

You can buy commercial support for OpenOffice.org from Oracle or other
local vendors. You may ask inside your native language community for
commercial support recommendations.

Kind regards,
Goran Rakic
Serbian OpenOffice.org