Needed: Sydadmin for OOoAuthors Plone installation

Needed: Sydadmin for OOoAuthors Plone installation

Jean Hollis Weber-3
Andreas Mantke has been acting as sysadmin for the OOoAuthors website
for several years. He took over when our previous sysadmin left, and he
has done a fine job. Unfortunately, Andreas says that he will not be
continuing in this role.

> as you may have seen, I was one of the guys who want to work for
> LibreOffice from now on. This work will consume - besides other things
> in my private live - my whole spare time.
> This means that i can help you, the OOoAuthors-Team, with the setup of
> a new Plone4-Instance on the current server. Please ask someone inside
> the OOoAuthors-Team or another volunteer to take the role as admin of
> the Plone-Instance. I'll try to give him the basic skills to manage
> this instance.

So.... we need someone to take this on. I don't really know what is
involved, or how much time it takes, but when there is a crisis we do
need a knowledgeable person to step in quickly.

--Jean

Re: [authors] Needed: Sydadmin for OOoAuthors Plone installation

Andrew Pitonyak
On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 20:04:06 +1000, Jean Hollis Weber
<[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Andreas Mantke has been acting as sysadmin for the OOoAuthors website
> for several years. He took over when our previous sysadmin left, and he
> has done a fine job. Unfortunately, Andreas says that he will not be
> continuing in this role.
>
>> as you may have seen, I was one of the guys who want to work for
>> LibreOffice from now on. This work will consume - besides other things
>> in my private live - my whole spare time.
>> This means that i can help you, the OOoAuthors-Team, with the setup of
>> a new Plone4-Instance on the current server. Please ask someone inside
>> the OOoAuthors-Team or another volunteer to take the role as admin of
>> the Plone-Instance. I'll try to give him the basic skills to manage
>> this instance.
>
> So.... we need someone to take this on. I don't really know what is
> involved, or how much time it takes, but when there is a crisis we do
> need a knowledgeable person to step in quickly.
>
> --Jean

What tasks are typically required?

- Web site changes ?? (I assume probably not)

- Patches as appropriate
- Future upgrades
- Install new modules

- New user and permission changes

I have very rudimentary Plone skills, but have a desire to understand more
about Plone. My preference would be to not work alone if for no other
reason that it is outside my usual skill set; I am more in-tune with
development than system administration.

Any idea how much time a week this typically requires?

Andrew Pitonyak