New Chance for Translation Teams

12

New Chance for Translation Teams

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello,

in the last month I was working on an update for the translation
process. For a few languages it works fine. At this time it is a more
manual process than an automatic one. I will improve it to be more
automatic.

Every team who want to improve their translation can write it here. Then
I will extract the previous translation from pootle, merge
them with the actual code base and put them back to pootle.

I put first builds as RPMS for en-US, de and it at
https://home.apache.org/~mechtilde/NewBuild .

There are als builds for ar, kab, ro and uk.

Now I will work at adding the new *.sdf file to repo and then back to
pootle.

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Matthias Seidel
Hi Mechtilde,

Am 27.11.18 um 13:27 schrieb Mechtilde:
> Hello,
>
> in the last month I was working on an update for the translation
> process. For a few languages it works fine. At this time it is a more
> manual process than an automatic one. I will improve it to be more
> automatic.
Thanks for the great progress!
> Every team who want to improve their translation can write it here. Then
> I will extract the previous translation from pootle, merge
> them with the actual code base and put them back to pootle.
>
> I put first builds as RPMS for en-US, de and it at
> https://home.apache.org/~mechtilde/NewBuild .
>
> There are als builds for ar, kab, ro and uk.

Yes, there are Windows builds available here:

https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-416-L10n/
https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/

However, they are not official and only thought for testing.

Our main effort goes into AOO 4.2.0 so there might be some glitches with
the 4.1.6 builds...

Regards,

   Matthias

> Now I will work at adding the new *.sdf file to repo and then back to
> pootle.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Dick Groskamp
Op 27-11-2018 om 13:27 schreef Mechtilde:

> Hello,
>
> in the last month I was working on an update for the translation
> process. For a few languages it works fine. At this time it is a more
> manual process than an automatic one. I will improve it to be more
> automatic.
>
> Every team who want to improve their translation can write it here. Then
> I will extract the previous translation from pootle, merge
> them with the actual code base and put them back to pootle.
>
> I put first builds as RPMS for en-US, de and it at
> https://home.apache.org/~mechtilde/NewBuild .
>
> There are als builds for ar, kab, ro and uk.
>
> Now I will work at adding the new *.sdf file to repo and then back to
> pootle.

Mechtilde,

a big thank you for your efforts and work.

I sincerely would like to update the Dutch (nl) translation on Pootle

Please update nl in Pootle and I wil start :-)

Again, many thanks

--
DiGro

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello

now at https://home.apache.org/~mechtilde/NewBuild you can find an
actual PT build beside the NL build which I already described in another
thread.

If you need more information, please contact me

Kind regards

Mechtilde

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Mechtilde Stehmann-2

Am 27.11.18 um 13:27 schrieb Mechtilde:

> Hello,
>
> in the last month I was working on an update for the translation
> process. For a few languages it works fine. At this time it is a more
> manual process than an automatic one. I will improve it to be more
> automatic.
>
> Every team who want to improve their translation can write it here. Then
> I will extract the previous translation from pootle, merge
> them with the actual code base and put them back to pootle.
>
> I put first builds as RPMS for en-US, de and it at
> https://home.apache.org/~mechtilde/NewBuild .
>
> There are als builds for ar, kab, ro and uk.
Now there are more packages available: he, nl, pl and pt

> Now I will work at adding the new *.sdf file to repo and then back to
> pootle.

I'm waiting of Infra for shell access to Pootle Server.

Kind regards

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Debian Developer
## Loook, calender-exchange-provider, libreoffice-canzeley-client
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello Pedro

I provides the recent po files under
/home/mechtilde/public_html/POFiles/newPO_PT

there is a statistic file under /home/mechtilde/public_html/Statistic too.

The extension is the language code. the statistic files a csv files.

Am 02.12.18 um 11:03 schrieb Pedro Lino:

>>     On December 2, 2018 at 9:33 AM Mechtilde < [hidden email] mailto:[hidden email] > wrote:
>>
>>         > >         Every team who want to improve their translation can write it here. Then
>>>         I will extract the previous translation from pootle, merge
>>>         them with the actual code base and put them back to pootle.
>>>
>>>         I put first builds as RPMS for en-US, de and it at
>>>         https://home.apache.org/~mechtilde/NewBuild .
>>>
>>>         There are als builds for ar, kab, ro and uk.
>>>
>>>     >     Now there are more packages available: he, nl, pl and pt
>>

> As I mentioned before in the dev mailing list I am available to help with the PT version.
> What needs to be done and where do I start? (I have experience with Pootle and poedit)
you can use poedit to translate and then provide the new *.po files. I
will then integrate them to the code back.

> Regards,
> Pedro

Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Debian Developer
## Loook, calender-exchange-provider, libreoffice-canzeley-client
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Aivaras Stepukonis
Dear Mechtilde,

Thank you very much for your hard work!

I'm the localizer for the LT version of AOO. I've added substantial
changes to the LT translation in Pootle since the last inclusion of the
language updates in AOO. I don't have anything to contribute to the
translation at the moment. Should I do something for the present state
of the translation in Pootle to make it to AOO 4.2? Or should I just wait?

Regards,

Aivaras

2018-11-27 14:27, Mechtilde rašė:

> Hello,
>
> in the last month I was working on an update for the translation
> process. For a few languages it works fine. At this time it is a more
> manual process than an automatic one. I will improve it to be more
> automatic.
>
> Every team who want to improve their translation can write it here. Then
> I will extract the previous translation from pootle, merge
> them with the actual code base and put them back to pootle.
>
> I put first builds as RPMS for en-US, de and it at
> https://home.apache.org/~mechtilde/NewBuild .
>
> There are als builds for ar, kab, ro and uk.
>
> Now I will work at adding the new *.sdf file to repo and then back to
> pootle.

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello Aivaras,

Am 02.12.18 um 16:36 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:
> Dear Mechtilde,
>
> Thank you very much for your hard work!
>
> I'm the localizer for the LT version of AOO. I've added substantial
> changes to the LT translation in Pootle since the last inclusion of the
> language updates in AOO. I don't have anything to contribute to the
> translation at the moment. Should I do something for the present state
> of the translation in Pootle to make it to AOO 4.2? Or should I just wait?

So the LT version will be the next one to prepare. It takes time to do
so only in my spare time.

> Regards,
>
> Aivaras

Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Debian Developer
## Loook, calender-exchange-provider, libreoffice-canzeley-client
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Aivaras Stepukonis
Thank you, Mechtilde!

Regards,

Aivaras

2018-12-02 17:51, Mechtilde rašė:

> Hello Aivaras,
>
> Am 02.12.18 um 16:36 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:
>> Dear Mechtilde,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your hard work!
>>
>> I'm the localizer for the LT version of AOO. I've added substantial
>> changes to the LT translation in Pootle since the last inclusion of the
>> language updates in AOO. I don't have anything to contribute to the
>> translation at the moment. Should I do something for the present state
>> of the translation in Pootle to make it to AOO 4.2? Or should I just wait?
> So the LT version will be the next one to prepare. It takes time to do
> so only in my spare time.
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Aivaras
> Regards

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello Pedro. hello Dick,

The tfiles in Pootle for PT and NL are prepared.

Regards

Mechtilde

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Debian Developer
## Loook, calender-exchange-provider, libreoffice-canzeley-client
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Mechtilde Stehmann-2

the upload of the following languages are finished in Pootle:

de, pl, pt, it, ar, kab, he, pl, ro, uk, lt

translate.apache.org.

They are also committet to SVN

Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Debian Developer
## Loook, tbsync, libreoffice-canzeley-client
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Aivaras Stepukonis
Thank you!

I see a number of strings in lt that need translating. Are these the new
strings for AOO 4.2?

Regards,

Aivaras

2018-12-02 21:46, Mechtilde rašė:

> Hello,
>
> the upload of the following languages are finished in Pootle:
>
> de, pl, pt, it, ar, kab, he, pl, ro, uk, lt
>
> translate.apache.org.
>
> They are also committet to SVN
>
> Regards

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello,

these are all new strings after the last import into pootle.

Kind regards

Mechtilde

Op 2-12-2018 om 17:28 schreef Mechtilde:

> Hello Pedro. hello Dick,
>
> The tfiles in Pootle for PT and NL are prepared.
>
> Regards
>
> Mechtilde
>
> Am 02.12.18 um 16:27 schrieb Mechtilde:
>> Hello Pedro,
>> hello Dick.
>>
>> now I can prepare pootle for translation.
>>
>> If you are alreadydoing translation work with the po filesyou can send
>> them to me. I will integrate them into pootle too.
>>
>> This can take two hours or so.
>>
>> I will send a second mail when I'm ready.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Mechtilde

>>> As I mentioned before in the dev mailing list I am available to help with the PT version.
>>> What needs to be done and where do I start? (I have experience with Pootle and poedit)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Pedro

Mechtilde,

thanks.

I was busy preparing offline translation but I'll skip that and work
directly in Pootle.

Thanks a lot.

--
DiGro

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Tigran Zargaryan
Hi Mechtilde,
wondering how we can contribute to the Armenian localisation of Open
Office?
Any hints, instructions?
thanks
Tigran

On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 1:33 PM Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Am 27.11.18 um 13:27 schrieb Mechtilde:
> > Hello,
> >
> > in the last month I was working on an update for the translation
> > process. For a few languages it works fine. At this time it is a more
> > manual process than an automatic one. I will improve it to be more
> > automatic.
> >
> > Every team who want to improve their translation can write it here. Then
> > I will extract the previous translation from pootle, merge
> > them with the actual code base and put them back to pootle.
> >
> > I put first builds as RPMS for en-US, de and it at
> > https://home.apache.org/~mechtilde/NewBuild .
> >
> > There are als builds for ar, kab, ro and uk.
>
> Now there are more packages available: he, nl, pl and pt
>

> > Now I will work at adding the new *.sdf file to repo and then back to
> > pootle.
> >

> I'm waiting of Infra for shell access to Pootle Server.
>
> Kind regards
>
> --
> Mechtilde Stehmann
> ## Apache OpenOffice
> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows
> ## Debian Developer
> ## Loook, calender-exchange-provider, libreoffice-canzeley-client
> ## PGP encryption welcome
> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello,

we do the translation at translate.apache.org.

I will prepare Armenian (hy) as an additianal Language.

Please fill an issue o do so at https://bz.apache.org/ooo/

First choose

Poduct: "Native-Lang",
Component: "hy",
Version: "4.2.0-dev""

Please create an acoount for Pootle and for Issuezilla.

Feel free to ask here

Regards

Mechtilde

Am 03.12.18 um 11:36 schrieb Tigran Zargaryan:

> Hi Mechtilde,
> wondering how we can contribute to the Armenian localisation of Open
> Office?
> Any hints, instructions?
> thanks
> Tigran
>
> On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 1:33 PM Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Am 27.11.18 um 13:27 schrieb Mechtilde:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> in the last month I was working on an update for the translation
>>> process. For a few languages it works fine. At this time it is a more
>>> manual process than an automatic one. I will improve it to be more
>>> automatic.
>>>
>>> Every team who want to improve their translation can write it here. Then
>>> I will extract the previous translation from pootle, merge
>>> them with the actual code base and put them back to pootle.
>>>
>>> I put first builds as RPMS for en-US, de and it at
>>> https://home.apache.org/~mechtilde/NewBuild .
>>>
>>> There are als builds for ar, kab, ro and uk.
>>
>> Now there are more packages available: he, nl, pl and pt
>>

>>> Now I will work at adding the new *.sdf file to repo and then back to
>>> pootle.
>>>

>> I'm waiting of Infra for shell access to Pootle Server.
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> --
>> Mechtilde Stehmann
>> ## Apache OpenOffice
>> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows
>> ## Debian Developer
>> ## Loook, calender-exchange-provider, libreoffice-canzeley-client
>> ## PGP encryption welcome
>> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Debian Developer
## Loook, calender-exchange-provider, libreoffice-canzeley-client
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Dick Groskamp
Op 2-12-2018 om 17:28 schreef Mechtilde:

> Hello Pedro. hello Dick,
>
> The tfiles in Pootle for PT and NL are prepared.
>
> Regards
>
> Mechtilde
>
> Am 02.12.18 um 16:27 schrieb Mechtilde:
>> Hello Pedro,
>> hello Dick.
>>
>> now I can prepare pootle for translation.
>>
>> If you are alreadydoing translation work with the po filesyou can send
>> them to me. I will integrate them into pootle too.
>>
>> This can take two hours or so.
>>
>> I will send a second mail when I'm ready.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Mechtilde
>>

>> Am 02.12.18 um 11:03 schrieb Pedro Lino:

Mechtilde,

I completed the translations in POOTLE for nl

Back at 100% now.

One thing I noticed was the great amount of tildes (~) that seemed to
have made their way in.

Is that correct or do we have to correct them ( I've got po's with about
300 of them)

--
DiGro

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello

there is also a build for LT available:

home.apache.org/~mechtilde/NewBuild

this is only a build for tesing the translation

regards

Mechtilde

Am 02.12.18 um 16:54 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:

> Thank you, Mechtilde!
>
> Regards,
>
> Aivaras
>
> 2018-12-02 17:51, Mechtilde rašė:
>> Hello Aivaras,
>>
>> Am 02.12.18 um 16:36 schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:
>>> Dear Mechtilde,
>>>
>>> Thank you very much for your hard work!
>>>
>>> I'm the localizer for the LT version of AOO. I've added substantial
>>> changes to the LT translation in Pootle since the last inclusion of the
>>> language updates in AOO. I don't have anything to contribute to the
>>> translation at the moment. Should I do something for the present state
>>> of the translation in Pootle to make it to AOO 4.2? Or should I just
>>> wait?
>> So the LT version will be the next one to prepare. It takes time to do
>> so only in my spare time.
>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Aivaras
>> Regards

Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Debian Developer
## Loook, calender-exchange-provider, libreoffice-canzeley-client
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Reizinger Zoltán
Please do it with hu files.
Zoltan

2018.11.27. 13:27 keltezéssel, Mechtilde írta:

> Hello,
>
> in the last month I was working on an update for the translation
> process. For a few languages it works fine. At this time it is a more
> manual process than an automatic one. I will improve it to be more
> automatic.
>
> Every team who want to improve their translation can write it here. Then
> I will extract the previous translation from pootle, merge
> them with the actual code base and put them back to pootle.
>
> I put first builds as RPMS for en-US, de and it at
> https://home.apache.org/~mechtilde/NewBuild .
>
> There are als builds for ar, kab, ro and uk.
>
> Now I will work at adding the new *.sdf file to repo and then back to
> pootle.

Re: New Chance for Translation Teams

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello Dick,

I integrated the translation into source.

I also build it. I will upload it to home.apache.org/~mechtilde/NewBuild
when the build is ready.

The ~ are for the shortcuts to get the menu without the mouse.

Please be careful when you translate the help files. the place of the
backslashes are important.

Kind regards