New Committer: Detlef Nannen

12

AW: New Committer: Detlef Nannen

Jan-Christian Wienandt
Moin,

Am 01.07.20 um 16:08 schrieb Dr. Michael Stehmann:

> Is this your opinion or the opinion of Detlef?

>This was a mistake: The right question is:

>Is this your opinion or the opinion of Jan-Christian?

I can speak my mind on my own.
It's just that I've learned in the course of my life that
I keep them to myself when there's no point in saying them.

Kind regards
Jan

Re: New Committer: Detlef Nannen

Dr. Michael Stehmann-2
Hello Jan-Christian,

Am 03.07.20 um 17:57 schrieb [hidden email]:

> I can speak my mind on my own.

That was also my guess.

And that means we do not need a "tribunus plebis".

Thank you for this clarification.

Kind regards
Michael

RE: New Committer: Detlef Nannen

Jorg Schmidt
Hello Michael,

When you make decisions, you should justify them meaningfully, then there will be less criticism.

Remember that we made Günter(?) Feierabend a committer, even without any previous performance, because it was technically useful and I didn't disagree, but rather actively endorsed the approach.

and on the edge:
freedom is, for me, typically evidenced by a variety of different opinions. It may be that even under conditions of freedom everyone has the same opinion, but that is rather atypical and typical for completely different circumstances.

greetings,
Jörg

Re: New Committer: Detlef Nannen

Detlef Nannen
Jörg,

When you wrote to me in a private mail about this matter, I had asked you not to continue this discussion by using my name.
You have started this thread, then make sure that it is continued with a different title. I have had enough of my name being associated with your discussion. Please respect this.

Detlef

> Am 05.07.2020 um 23:34 schrieb Jörg Schmidt <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hello Michael,

Patricia Shanahan
I got distracted, and forgot to post the only appropriate form of
message for a "New Committer" thread:

Detlef, welcome to the AOO committer team.

https://www.avg.com

12