New EPM Maintainer... me!

12

New EPM Maintainer... me!

Jim Jagielski
AOO is pretty heavily dependent on EPM to create our community builds for Linux and macOS. Unfortunately, EPM has been, heretofore, only in maintenance mode. I contacted Michael R Sweet, the creator, and offered to "take over" development and maintenance, and he graciously agreed!

We now have canon versions of dmake and EPM available via my GitHub account.

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Marcus (OOo)
Am 19.11.20 um 17:49 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> AOO is pretty heavily dependent on EPM to create our community builds for Linux and macOS. Unfortunately, EPM has been, heretofore, only in maintenance mode. I contacted Michael R Sweet, the creator, and offered to "take over" development and maintenance, and he graciously agreed!
>
> We now have canon versions of dmake and EPM available via my GitHub account.

that's great news. Thanks for taking over this effort. :-)

Marcus

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Jim Jagielski
With this in mind, I will be adjusting AOO trunk and AOO42X to require this newer version. Once I release EPM v5.0.0, I will make those changes.

> On Nov 19, 2020, at 7:06 PM, Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Am 19.11.20 um 17:49 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>> AOO is pretty heavily dependent on EPM to create our community builds for Linux and macOS. Unfortunately, EPM has been, heretofore, only in maintenance mode. I contacted Michael R Sweet, the creator, and offered to "take over" development and maintenance, and he graciously agreed!
>> We now have canon versions of dmake and EPM available via my GitHub account.
>
> that's great news. Thanks for taking over this effort. :-)
>
> Marcus

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Peter Kovacs-3

On 20.11.20 16:54, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> With this in mind, I will be adjusting AOO trunk and AOO42X to require this newer version. Once I release EPM v5.0.0, I will make those changes.
I am also using your work already. :)

>> On Nov 19, 2020, at 7:06 PM, Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Am 19.11.20 um 17:49 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>> AOO is pretty heavily dependent on EPM to create our community builds for Linux and macOS. Unfortunately, EPM has been, heretofore, only in maintenance mode. I contacted Michael R Sweet, the creator, and offered to "take over" development and maintenance, and he graciously agreed!
>>> We now have canon versions of dmake and EPM available via my GitHub account.

strangely enough Arch and ubuntu are listing http://www.epmhome.org
<http://www.epmhome.org> as upstream site.

Was there a split?

I will check and see if there are differences.

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

Am 21.11.20 um 09:46 schrieb Peter Kovacs:

> On 20.11.20 16:54, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> With this in mind, I will be adjusting AOO trunk and AOO42X to
>> require this newer version. Once I release EPM v5.0.0, I will make
>> those changes.
> I am also using your work already. :)

I also configured our Linux buildbots to use EPM 5.0 now...

Both bots had an error during build time. No error message during ./config.
I will force a new build now.

Matthias

> strangely enough Arch and ubuntu are listing http://www.epmhome.org
> <http://www.epmhome.org> as upstream site.
>
> Was there a split?
>
> I will check and see if there are differences.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Jim Jagielski

> On Nov 21, 2020, at 3:46 AM, Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 20.11.20 16:54, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> With this in mind, I will be adjusting AOO trunk and AOO42X to require this newer version. Once I release EPM v5.0.0, I will make those changes.
> I am also using your work already. :)

> strangely enough Arch and ubuntu are listing http://www.epmhome.org <http://www.epmhome.org> as upstream site.
>
> Was there a split?
>
> I will check and see if there are differences.

Weird... the owner is: https://www.msweet.org/epm/

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Arrigo Marchiori
Hello,

I wanted to build trunk and I found out that the requirement for the
new EPM is already in place.

So:

 1- thank you for taking care of this!

 2- could you please tell us what is the correct value for the
 "--with-epm-url" parameter to the configure script?

The Wiki page about building OpenOffice still contains the URL to EPM
3.7.

Side note: the same page should mention package "libXt-devel" because
it is required for building AOO418, at least on openSUSE. I'd be happy
to fix it myself, but I do not have an account and cannot sign up.

rigo

http://rigo.altervista.org

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Peter Kovacs-3

On 21.11.20 15:50, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wanted to build trunk and I found out that the requirement for the
> new EPM is already in place.
>
> So:
>
>   1- thank you for taking care of this!
>
>   2- could you please tell us what is the correct value for the
>   "--with-epm-url" parameter to the configure script?
>
> The Wiki page about building OpenOffice still contains the URL to EPM
> 3.7.

What I did was to checkout the epm 5.0.0 from github  [1]

Follow the instruction to build epm use the prefix option to define a
convenient bin folder. I did build it in a build folder, next to the
checkout and then provide the path to --with_epm_url="path/to/bin"

> Side note: the same page should mention package "libXt-devel" because
> it is required for building AOO418, at least on openSUSE. I'd be happy
> to fix it myself, but I do not have an account and cannot sign up.

I think epm that the distros ship is maintained by some asian volunteers
on epmhome.org. (i do not understand a thing. However this code seems to
need libXt package. The packed from jim has ftkl as only (optional?)
dependency.

does not make things easier if we enforce 5.0.0. ;)

[1] git clone [hidden email]:jimjag/epm.git

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Pedro Lino-4
Hi Peter

> On 11/21/2020 5:18 PM Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think epm that the distros ship is maintained by some asian volunteers
> on epmhome.org. (i do not understand a thing.

No, the page is not related to the package.
The page is about Collagen
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=de&u=http://www.epmhome.org/

The link to the current EPM source is
https://github.com/jimjag/epm/archive/v5.0.0.tar.gz

Regards,
Pedro

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Matthias Seidel
Hi Jim,

The Linux buildbots do not build with EPM 5.0.0.

See error text here:

https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/linux64/main/epm/unxlngx6.pro/misc/logs/epm.txt

This is on Ubuntu 16.04(?) and

--with-epm-url="https://github.com/jimjag/epm/archive/v5.0.0.tar.gz"

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 21.11.20 um 14:31 schrieb Jim Jagielski:

>> On Nov 21, 2020, at 3:46 AM, Peter Kovacs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On 20.11.20 16:54, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> With this in mind, I will be adjusting AOO trunk and AOO42X to require this newer version. Once I release EPM v5.0.0, I will make those changes.
>> I am also using your work already. :)

>> strangely enough Arch and ubuntu are listing http://www.epmhome.org <http://www.epmhome.org> as upstream site.
>>
>> Was there a split?
>>
>> I will check and see if there are differences.
>
> Weird... the owner is: https://www.msweet.org/epm/

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
hello,

> Hi Jim,
>
> The Linux buildbots do not build with EPM 5.0.0.
>
> See error text here:
>
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/linux64/main/epm/unxlngx6.pro/misc/logs/epm.txt
>
> This is on Ubuntu 16.04(?) and
>
> --with-epm-url="https://github.com/jimjag/epm/archive/v5.0.0.tar.gz"
I had the same problem.

then i start two times: build --all:epm

and then it works. Woodoo??

So I hope there is a better solution

Regards

Mechtilde

> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
> Am 21.11.20 um 14:31 schrieb Jim Jagielski:

>>> I am also using your work already. :)

>>> strangely enough Arch and ubuntu are listing http://www.epmhome.org <http://www.epmhome.org> as upstream site.
>>>
>>> Was there a split?
>>>
>>> I will check and see if there are differences.
>>
>> Weird... the owner is: https://www.msweet.org/epm/

Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows und OS/2
## Debian Developer
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
hello,

> Hi Jim,
>
> The Linux buildbots do not build with EPM 5.0.0.
>
> See error text here:
>
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/linux64/main/epm/unxlngx6.pro/misc/logs/epm.txt
>
> This is on Ubuntu 16.04(?) and
>
> --with-epm-url="https://github.com/jimjag/epm/archive/v5.0.0.tar.gz"
I had the same problem.

then i start two times: build --all:epm

and then it works. Woodoo??

No, it breaks again!

So I hope there is a better solution

Regards

Mechtilde

> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
> Am 21.11.20 um 14:31 schrieb Jim Jagielski:

>>> I am also using your work already. :)

>>> strangely enough Arch and ubuntu are listing http://www.epmhome.org <http://www.epmhome.org> as upstream site.
>>>
>>> Was there a split?
>>>
>>> I will check and see if there are differences.
>>
>> Weird... the owner is: https://www.msweet.org/epm/

Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows und OS/2
## Debian Developer
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Jim Jagielski
My guess is that name of the tarball isn;'t the name of the resulting directory and that is causing confusion.

I'll try to see how to have GitHub name the tarball epm-5.0.0.tar.gz/epm-5.0.0.zip

> On Nov 21, 2020, at 2:32 PM, Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> hello,

>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> The Linux buildbots do not build with EPM 5.0.0.
>>
>> See error text here:
>>
>> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/linux64/main/epm/unxlngx6.pro/misc/logs/epm.txt
>>
>> This is on Ubuntu 16.04(?) and
>>
>> --with-epm-url="https://github.com/jimjag/epm/archive/v5.0.0.tar.gz"
>
> I had the same problem.
>
> then i start two times: build --all:epm
>
> and then it works. Woodoo??
>
> No, it breaks again!
>

> So I hope there is a better solution
>

> Regards
>
> Mechtilde
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias

>>> Weird... the owner is: https://www.msweet.org/epm/

> Mechtilde Stehmann
> ## Apache OpenOffice
> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows und OS/2
> ## Debian Developer
> ## PGP encryption welcome
> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Matthias Seidel
Hi Jim,

The buildbot still fails:

https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/41x/main/epm/unxlngx6.pro/misc/logs/epm.txt

Matthias

Am 23.11.20 um 13:27 schrieb Jim Jagielski:

> My guess is that name of the tarball isn;'t the name of the resulting directory and that is causing confusion.
>
> I'll try to see how to have GitHub name the tarball epm-5.0.0.tar.gz/epm-5.0.0.zip
>
>> On Nov 21, 2020, at 2:32 PM, Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> hello,

>>> Hi Jim,
>>>
>>> The Linux buildbots do not build with EPM 5.0.0.
>>>
>>> See error text here:
>>>
>>> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/linux64/main/epm/unxlngx6.pro/misc/logs/epm.txt
>>>
>>> This is on Ubuntu 16.04(?) and
>>>
>>> --with-epm-url="https://github.com/jimjag/epm/archive/v5.0.0.tar.gz"
>> I had the same problem.
>>
>> then i start two times: build --all:epm
>>
>> and then it works. Woodoo??
>>
>> No, it breaks again!
>>

>> So I hope there is a better solution
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Mechtilde
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias

>> --
>> Mechtilde Stehmann
>> ## Apache OpenOffice
>> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows und OS/2
>> ## Debian Developer
>> ## PGP encryption welcome
>> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello Jim

Am 23.11.20 um 13:27 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> My guess is that name of the tarball isn;'t the name of the resulting directory and that is causing confusion.
>
> I'll try to see how to have GitHub name the tarball epm-5.0.0.tar.gz/epm-5.0.0.zip

In general it is right.

The error message is: *-epm-5.0.0.unpack can't be found by dmake

The downloaded file name is *.-v5.0.0

The asterix stands for the git hash

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards
Mechtilde

>> On Nov 21, 2020, at 2:32 PM, Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> hello,

>>> Hi Jim,
>>>
>>> The Linux buildbots do not build with EPM 5.0.0.
>>>
>>> See error text here:
>>>
>>> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/linux64/main/epm/unxlngx6.pro/misc/logs/epm.txt
>>>
>>> This is on Ubuntu 16.04(?) and
>>>
>>> --with-epm-url="https://github.com/jimjag/epm/archive/v5.0.0.tar.gz"
>>
>> I had the same problem.
>>
>> then i start two times: build --all:epm
>>
>> and then it works. Woodoo??
>>
>> No, it breaks again!
>>

>> So I hope there is a better solution
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Mechtilde
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias

>> --
>> Mechtilde Stehmann
>> ## Apache OpenOffice
>> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows und OS/2
>> ## Debian Developer
>> ## PGP encryption welcome
>> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows und OS/2
## Debian Developer
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Matthias Seidel
Sorry, I forgot to update the URL:

https://github.com/jimjag/epm/archive/v5.0.0/epm-5.0.0.tar.gz

Forced a new build now.

Matthias

> Hi Jim,
>
> The buildbot still fails:
>
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/41x/main/epm/unxlngx6.pro/misc/logs/epm.txt
>
> Matthias
>
> Am 23.11.20 um 13:27 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>> My guess is that name of the tarball isn;'t the name of the resulting directory and that is causing confusion.
>>
>> I'll try to see how to have GitHub name the tarball epm-5.0.0.tar.gz/epm-5.0.0.zip
>>
>>> On Nov 21, 2020, at 2:32 PM, Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> hello,

>>> I had the same problem.
>>>
>>> then i start two times: build --all:epm
>>>
>>> and then it works. Woodoo??
>>>
>>> No, it breaks again!
>>>

>>> So I hope there is a better solution
>>>

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Mechtilde

>>> --
>>> Mechtilde Stehmann
>>> ## Apache OpenOffice
>>> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows und OS/2
>>> ## Debian Developer
>>> ## PGP encryption welcome
>>> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello

> Sorry, I forgot to update the URL:
>
> https://github.com/jimjag/epm/archive/v5.0.0/epm-5.0.0.tar.gz

and I forgot to delete the old file.

Now it builds well

> Forced a new build now.
>
> Matthias

>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> The buildbot still fails:
>>
>> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/41x/main/epm/unxlngx6.pro/misc/logs/epm.txt
>>
>> Matthias
>>
>> Am 23.11.20 um 13:27 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>> My guess is that name of the tarball isn;'t the name of the resulting directory and that is causing confusion.
>>>
>>> I'll try to see how to have GitHub name the tarball epm-5.0.0.tar.gz/epm-5.0.0.zip

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows und OS/2
## Debian Developer
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Jim Jagielski
FWIW, I'm also working on my latest release of DMAKE as well: 4.13.0

    https://github.com/jimjag/dmake

> On Nov 24, 2020, at 6:30 AM, Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello

>> Sorry, I forgot to update the URL:
>>
>> https://github.com/jimjag/epm/archive/v5.0.0/epm-5.0.0.tar.gz <https://github.com/jimjag/epm/archive/v5.0.0/epm-5.0.0.tar.gz>
>
> and I forgot to delete the old file.
>
> Now it builds well
>>
>> Forced a new build now.
>>
>> Matthias

>>> Hi Jim,
>>>
>>> The buildbot still fails:
>>>
>>> https://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/41x/main/epm/unxlngx6.pro/misc/logs/epm.txt
>>>
>>> Matthias

> --
> Mechtilde Stehmann
> ## Apache OpenOffice
> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows und OS/2
> ## Debian Developer
> ## PGP encryption welcome
> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Matthias Seidel
Hi Jim,

With dmake-4.12.3 I have following problem when trying to build on Windows:

---

dmake-4.12.3.tar.gz exists
making and entering
C:/Source/openoffice/main/solenv/wntmsci12.pro/misc/build/
unpacking
/cygdrive/c/Source/openoffice/ext_sources/ca4edd7ad978ed095f417f1be8669bf4-dmake-4.12.3.tar.gz
entering dmake-4.12.3
./bootstrap: line 121: cd: dmake-4.12.3: No such file or directory

---

The directory created is: dmake-dmake-4.12.3

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 25.11.20 um 17:08 schrieb Jim Jagielski:

> FWIW, I'm also working on my latest release of DMAKE as well: 4.13.0
>
>     https://github.com/jimjag/dmake
>
>> On Nov 24, 2020, at 6:30 AM, Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello

>>> Sorry, I forgot to update the URL:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/jimjag/epm/archive/v5.0.0/epm-5.0.0.tar.gz <https://github.com/jimjag/epm/archive/v5.0.0/epm-5.0.0.tar.gz>
>> and I forgot to delete the old file.
>>
>> Now it builds well
>>> Forced a new build now.
>>>
>>> Matthias

>> --
>> Mechtilde Stehmann
>> ## Apache OpenOffice
>> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows und OS/2
>> ## Debian Developer
>> ## PGP encryption welcome
>> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New EPM Maintainer... me!

Jim Jagielski
Yeah, all that is because of the weird way GitHub names "releases"... We hit the same thing w/ EPM as you may recall. With DMAKE 4.13.0, all that will be fixed.