New OpenOffice Release 4.1.6 Release Preperations

New OpenOffice Release 4.1.6 Release Preperations

Peter Kovacs-3
Hello Infra,

we have a new Release ready. Can you prepare the Servers for the new
Update? (On our Release Sheet it mentions you have to do something.)

Please inform us on the time needed, and when ready.

Thank you.

All the best

Peter

Re: New OpenOffice Release 4.1.6 Release Preperations

Daniel Gruno
On 11/11/2018 09.02, Peter Kovacs wrote:
> Hello Infra,
>
> we have a new Release ready. Can you prepare the Servers for the new
> Update? (On our Release Sheet it mentions you have to do something.)
>
> Please inform us on the time needed, and when ready.

There shouldn't be anything needed on our end, presuming you're using
the standard process. We have consolidated services a while back, in
part to not have to worry about things like AOO releases.

> Thank you.
>

> All the best
>
> Peter

Re: New OpenOffice Release 4.1.6 Release Preperations

jd1008
Since there are several rpm files in each release,
do you have a script that will install the rpm files
in the correct order, rather than leaving it to the
user to provide the filenames to dnf, or yum or whatver
installation program is available?

On 11/11/2018 08:04 AM, Daniel Gruno wrote:

> On 11/11/2018 09.02, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>> Hello Infra,
>>
>> we have a new Release ready. Can you prepare the Servers for the new
>> Update? (On our Release Sheet it mentions you have to do something.)
>>
>> Please inform us on the time needed, and when ready.
>
> There shouldn't be anything needed on our end, presuming you're using
> the standard process. We have consolidated services a while back, in
> part to not have to worry about things like AOO releases.
>

>> Thank you.
>>

>> All the best
>>
>> Peter

Re: New OpenOffice Release 4.1.6 Release Preperations

Peter Kovacs-3
Normally the package manager knows the right order. That why you have it.

you load everything you want to update in one folder and then say *rpm
-Uvih *rpm*.

As it is mentioned in our Howto [1], btw.

All the best

Peter

[1]
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Installation/How_do_I_install_OpenOffice.org_on_Linux%3f

On 11.11.18 17:14, JD wrote:

> Since there are several rpm files in each release,
> do you have a script that will install the rpm files
> in the correct order, rather than leaving it to the
> user to provide the filenames to dnf, or yum or whatver
> installation program is available?
>
> On 11/11/2018 08:04 AM, Daniel Gruno wrote:
>> On 11/11/2018 09.02, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>>> Hello Infra,
>>>
>>> we have a new Release ready. Can you prepare the Servers for the new
>>> Update? (On our Release Sheet it mentions you have to do something.)
>>>
>>> Please inform us on the time needed, and when ready.
>>
>> There shouldn't be anything needed on our end, presuming you're using
>> the standard process. We have consolidated services a while back, in
>> part to not have to worry about things like AOO releases.
>>

>>> Thank you.
>>>

>>> All the best
>>>
>>> Peter

Re: New OpenOffice Release 4.1.6 Release Preperations

Peter Kovacs-3
No you are responsible for doing so.

These are highly experimental test versions. Even when we agreed that
the code revision is good for release.

May I ask what do you want to do with OpenOffice-4.1.6-RC1?

On 11.11.18 19:07, JD wrote:

> But you have a directory in the directory where the rpm's are.
> How are the rpm's in the subdirectory chosen, since only one of them
> should be selected?
>
> For example, in the directory
> ....OO-en-US/RPMS
> exists the directory desktop-integration/
> which in turn contains
> openoffice.org3.4-freedesktop-menus-3.4-9593.noarch.rpm
> openoffice.org3.4-redhat-menus-3.4-9593.noarch.rpm
> openoffice.org3.4-mandriva-menus-3.4-9593.noarch.rpm
> openoffice.org3.4-suse-menus-3.4-9593.noarch.rpm
>
> So, does the package install manager know which of these
> desktop integration menus to pick up for the OS at hand?
>

> On 11/11/2018 09:47 AM, Peter Kovacs wrote:
>>
>> Normally the package manager knows the right order. That why you have it.
>>
>> you load everything you want to update in one folder and then say
>> *rpm -Uvih *rpm*.
>>
>> As it is mentioned in our Howto [1], btw.
>>

>> All the best
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> [1]
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Installation/How_do_I_install_OpenOffice.org_on_Linux%3f
>>
>> On 11.11.18 17:14, JD wrote:
>>
>>> Since there are several rpm files in each release,
>>> do you have a script that will install the rpm files
>>> in the correct order, rather than leaving it to the
>>> user to provide the filenames to dnf, or yum or whatver
>>> installation program is available?

Re: New OpenOffice Release 4.1.6 Release Preperations

Andrea Pescetti-2
Peter Kovacs wrote:
>> openoffice.org3.4-freedesktop-menus-3.4-9593.noarch.rpm
>> openoffice.org3.4-redhat-menus-3.4-9593.noarch.rpm
>> openoffice.org3.4-mandriva-menus-3.4-9593.noarch.rpm
>> openoffice.org3.4-suse-menus-3.4-9593.noarch.rpm
> These are highly experimental test versions. Even when we agreed that
> the code revision is good for release.

This thread has lot of confusion, but I'll clarify some details:

1. The "openoffice.org3.4" files obviously have nothing to do with the
4.1.6 release. If JD found them somewhere in
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.6-RC1/ this is a
bug - but it would be strange.

2. Peter is correct in saying that you install with (actually)
$ sudo rpm -Uvh *.rpm
and this will give you a perfectly working OpenOffice but no menu
integration.

3. The "desktop-integration" packages are NOT experimental. They are
stable and work well, even though we could maintain them better. You
install what works best for your case (you must pick one); in my
experience, the "freedesktop-menus" one works well everywhere (and you
get the new nice high-resolution icons too!).

Regards,
   Andrea.