New PC for our booth?

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

About 2 years ago our booth team (Mechtilde and Michael) mentioned to me
that the hardware of their PC was beginning to fail.
Back then I ordered a cheap Mini PC for them that did the job, but
practice has shown that performance is a bit slow.

What about a new one? Something like a ThinkCentre Tiny [1]?
Maybe also for a new compatible TFT [2]?

Regards,

   Matthias

[1]
https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre/m-series-tiny/ThinkCentre-M715q-Tiny/p/11TC1MT715Q
[2]
https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/tiny-in-one/TIO22Gen3A17TIO2222inch-Monitor/p/10R1PAR1US

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New PC for our booth?

Peter Kovacs-3
+1, can we order something like this through ASFchannels?

What would be the best way to get this?

On 24.11.19 00:35, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> About 2 years ago our booth team (Mechtilde and Michael) mentioned to me
> that the hardware of their PC was beginning to fail.
> Back then I ordered a cheap Mini PC for them that did the job, but
> practice has shown that performance is a bit slow.
>
> What about a new one? Something like a ThinkCentre Tiny [1]?
> Maybe also for a new compatible TFT [2]?
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
> [1]
> https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre/m-series-tiny/ThinkCentre-M715q-Tiny/p/11TC1MT715Q
> [2]
> https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/tiny-in-one/TIO22Gen3A17TIO2222inch-Monitor/p/10R1PAR1US

Re: New PC for our booth?

Matthias Seidel
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your answer.

I think ordering should be done locally.

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 24.11.19 um 15:05 schrieb Peter Kovacs:

> +1, can we order something like this through ASFchannels?
>
> What would be the best way to get this?
>
> On 24.11.19 00:35, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> About 2 years ago our booth team (Mechtilde and Michael) mentioned to me
>> that the hardware of their PC was beginning to fail.
>> Back then I ordered a cheap Mini PC for them that did the job, but
>> practice has shown that performance is a bit slow.
>>
>> What about a new one? Something like a ThinkCentre Tiny [1]?
>> Maybe also for a new compatible TFT [2]?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>> [1]
>> https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre/m-series-tiny/ThinkCentre-M715q-Tiny/p/11TC1MT715Q
>> [2]
>> https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/tiny-in-one/TIO22Gen3A17TIO2222inch-Monitor/p/10R1PAR1US

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New PC for our booth?

Matthias Seidel
Any other opinions on this topic?!

Matthias

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> I think ordering should be done locally.
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
> Am 24.11.19 um 15:05 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> +1, can we order something like this through ASFchannels?
>>
>> What would be the best way to get this?
>>
>> On 24.11.19 00:35, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> About 2 years ago our booth team (Mechtilde and Michael) mentioned to me
>>> that the hardware of their PC was beginning to fail.
>>> Back then I ordered a cheap Mini PC for them that did the job, but
>>> practice has shown that performance is a bit slow.
>>>
>>> What about a new one? Something like a ThinkCentre Tiny [1]?
>>> Maybe also for a new compatible TFT [2]?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre/m-series-tiny/ThinkCentre-M715q-Tiny/p/11TC1MT715Q
>>> [2]
>>> https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/tiny-in-one/TIO22Gen3A17TIO2222inch-Monitor/p/10R1PAR1US

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New PC for our booth?

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello

Am 24.11.19 um 15:05 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> +1, can we order something like this through ASFchannels?
Is thre any progross on the "ASFchannels"?

Kind regards

> What would be the best way to get this?
>
> On 24.11.19 00:35, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> About 2 years ago our booth team (Mechtilde and Michael) mentioned to me
>> that the hardware of their PC was beginning to fail.
>> Back then I ordered a cheap Mini PC for them that did the job, but
>> practice has shown that performance is a bit slow.
>>
>> What about a new one? Something like a ThinkCentre Tiny [1]?
>> Maybe also for a new compatible TFT [2]?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>> [1]
>> https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre/m-series-tiny/ThinkCentre-M715q-Tiny/p/11TC1MT715Q
>> [2]
>> https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/tiny-in-one/TIO22Gen3A17TIO2222inch-Monitor/p/10R1PAR1US

Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Debian Developer
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: New PC for our booth?

Dave Fisher-2

> On Dec 3, 2019, at 11:07 AM, Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> Am 24.11.19 um 15:05 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>> +1, can we order something like this through ASFchannels?
> Is thre any progross on the "ASFchannels"?

No one has submitted a proposal. What exactly is being requested? How many Euros and for what?

Once we have that then we can make the correct request.

Regards,
Dave

> Kind regards
>

>> What would be the best way to get this?
>>
>> On 24.11.19 00:35, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> About 2 years ago our booth team (Mechtilde and Michael) mentioned to me
>>> that the hardware of their PC was beginning to fail.
>>> Back then I ordered a cheap Mini PC for them that did the job, but
>>> practice has shown that performance is a bit slow.
>>>
>>> What about a new one? Something like a ThinkCentre Tiny [1]?
>>> Maybe also for a new compatible TFT [2]?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre/m-series-tiny/ThinkCentre-M715q-Tiny/p/11TC1MT715Q
>>> [2]
>>> https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/tiny-in-one/TIO22Gen3A17TIO2222inch-Monitor/p/10R1PAR1US

> Mechtilde Stehmann
> ## Apache OpenOffice
> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows
> ## Debian Developer
> ## PGP encryption welcome
> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

Re: New PC for our booth?

Matthias Seidel
Just scroll down a bit and you have your propopsal...

Matthias

Am 03.12.19 um 20:30 schrieb Dave Fisher:

>> On Dec 3, 2019, at 11:07 AM, Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> Am 24.11.19 um 15:05 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>>> +1, can we order something like this through ASFchannels?
>> Is thre any progross on the "ASFchannels"?
> No one has submitted a proposal. What exactly is being requested? How many Euros and for what?
>
> Once we have that then we can make the correct request.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> Kind regards
>>
>>> What would be the best way to get this?

>> --
>> Mechtilde Stehmann
>> ## Apache OpenOffice
>> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows
>> ## Debian Developer
>> ## PGP encryption welcome
>> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New PC for our booth?

Peter Kovacs-3
Meh to slow. :)

I have not reached out.

AFAIK we talk of around 160 $ for a small desktop PC. The one Matthias
bought before had the price of around 80 € if I remember right.

On 03.12.19 20:32, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Just scroll down a bit and you have your propopsal...
>
> Matthias
>

> Am 03.12.19 um 20:30 schrieb Dave Fisher:
>>> On Dec 3, 2019, at 11:07 AM, Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Is thre any progross on the "ASFchannels"?
>> No one has submitted a proposal. What exactly is being requested? How many Euros and for what?
>>
>> Once we have that then we can make the correct request.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>>> Kind regards

>>> --
>>> Mechtilde Stehmann
>>> ## Apache OpenOffice
>>> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows
>>> ## Debian Developer
>>> ## PGP encryption welcome
>>> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

Re: New PC for our booth?

Dave Fisher-2
I see. So, approximately $800.

Regards,
Dave

> On Dec 3, 2019, at 11:32 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Just scroll down a bit and you have your propopsal...
>
> Matthias
>

> Am 03.12.19 um 20:30 schrieb Dave Fisher:
>>
>>> On Dec 3, 2019, at 11:07 AM, Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Is thre any progross on the "ASFchannels"?
>> No one has submitted a proposal. What exactly is being requested? How many Euros and for what?
>>
>> Once we have that then we can make the correct request.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>>> Kind regards

>>> --
>>> Mechtilde Stehmann
>>> ## Apache OpenOffice
>>> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows
>>> ## Debian Developer
>>> ## PGP encryption welcome
>>> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

Re: New PC for our booth?

Matthias Seidel
Am 03.12.19 um 20:30 schrieb Dave Fisher:

>> On Dec 3, 2019, at 11:07 AM, Mechtilde <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> Am 24.11.19 um 15:05 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
>>> +1, can we order something like this through ASFchannels?
>> Is thre any progross on the "ASFchannels"?
> No one has submitted a proposal. What exactly is being requested? How many Euros and for what?

Since we didn't even discuss my first proposal, I will do another one:

https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/lenovo+thinkcentre+m625q+tiny+10tf002mge
https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/lenovo+thinkcentre+tiny+in+one+22+gen3+384816

That would be a complete system for about 500 Euro.

The PC is detachable from the TFT, so it can be taken to Hotel during
the nights.

Regards,

   Matthias

> Once we have that then we can make the correct request.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> Kind regards
>>
>>> What would be the best way to get this?

>> --
>> Mechtilde Stehmann
>> ## Apache OpenOffice
>> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows
>> ## Debian Developer
>> ## PGP encryption welcome
>> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New PC for our booth?

Matthias Seidel
Hi Dave,

Am 03.12.19 um 20:39 schrieb Dave Fisher:
> I see. So, approximately $800.

About $ 550 with my new proposal.

Regards,

   Matthias

> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Dec 3, 2019, at 11:32 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Just scroll down a bit and you have your propopsal...
>>
>> Matthias

>>> No one has submitted a proposal. What exactly is being requested? How many Euros and for what?
>>>
>>> Once we have that then we can make the correct request.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New PC for our booth?

Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
Matthias Seidel schrieb:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Am 03.12.19 um 20:39 schrieb Dave Fisher:
>> I see. So, approximately $800.
>
> About $ 550 with my new proposal.

As there were complaints about the performance of the old system, it should
be pointed out that the M625q Tiny which you linked is a very slow computer
too, using an old AMD A4 processor. I would advise against it.

I suggest one with at least Intel Core i3 or AMD Ryzen 3 if you buy new.

Other options: Lenovo IdeaCentre 520 AIO for 550 EUR,
https://geizhals.de/lenovo-ideacentre-aio-520-24arr-f0dn006kge-a2065059.html

or ASRock Deskmini A300 barebone. Some assembly required. Parts list:
https://geizhals.de/?cat=WL-1385408
With the VESA mount kit it can be easily attached/detached to the back of any
monitor that has free VESA mounting holes.

Best regards,

Am 03.12.19 um 22:05 schrieb Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn:

> Matthias Seidel schrieb:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Am 03.12.19 um 20:39 schrieb Dave Fisher:
>>> I see. So, approximately $800.
>>
>> About $ 550 with my new proposal.
>
> As there were complaints about the performance of the old system, it
> should be pointed out that the M625q Tiny which you linked is a very
> slow computer too, using an old AMD A4 processor. I would advise
> against it.
>
> I suggest one with at least Intel Core i3 or AMD Ryzen 3 if you buy new.
Thanks for the pointer, I will have a look for other CPU options.
However, the old PC has an Intel Atom x5-Z8350 and the bottleneck is
more likely the slow SSD.

> Other options: Lenovo IdeaCentre 520 AIO for 550 EUR,
> https://geizhals.de/lenovo-ideacentre-aio-520-24arr-f0dn006kge-a2065059.html

AIO is not suitable as the PC must be removable for the night.
Other than that it would be ideal because of the limited space of most
booth tables.

> or ASRock Deskmini A300 barebone. Some assembly required. Parts list:
> https://geizhals.de/?cat=WL-1385408
> With the VESA mount kit it can be easily attached/detached to the back
> of any monitor that has free VESA mounting holes.

Yes, there are options with a standard TFT and a VESA mount. I will also
take them into account.

Regards,

   Matthias