New Pootle Account

i Oromo
Hello my name is Iskander Idris and I'm from Ethiopia, Oromia region.
 Please create a Pootle account for me. I state that my contributions are
under
the Apache 2 license and I will work on Afaan Oromoo,  My preferred
username is ...<AfaanOromo2020>. I developed 20 years ago an Oromo Word
processor called Oromosoft Oromiffa
<http://www.bisharat.net/wikidoc/pmwiki.php/PanAfrLoc/Oromiffa>,

Respectfully,
Iskander Idris

Re: New Pootle Account

Matthias Seidel
Hi,

You are welcome!

Am 30.12.19 um 23:10 schrieb i Oromo:
> Hello my name is Iskander Idris and I'm from Ethiopia, Oromia region.
>  Please create a Pootle account for me. I state that my contributions are
> under
> the Apache 2 license and I will work on Afaan Oromoo,  My preferred
> username is ...<AfaanOromo2020>. I developed 20 years ago an Oromo Word
> processor called Oromosoft Oromiffa
> <http://www.bisharat.net/wikidoc/pmwiki.php/PanAfrLoc/Oromiffa>,

A moderator will soon give you information on how to login to Pootle:

https://translate-upgrade.apache.org (This URL might change some time
since we are updating the server)

Meanwhile we are trying to import the existing translations from OOo 3.3.0:

https://www.openoffice.org/om/

Regards,

   Matthias

> Respectfully,
> Iskander Idris

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New Pootle Account

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

Mechtilde was able to import Oromo translations from OOo 3.3.0.

The UI is at 85%:
https://translate-upgrade.apache.org/om/aoo40/

Help is at 92%:
https://translate-upgrade.apache.org/om/aoo40help/

Of course there will be a lot of strings to be revised but I think this
is a good start!

Additionally I was able to build a Windows version (Pre-Preview):
https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/AOO-420-Oromo/

Can we now create a Pootle account for Iskander?

Regards,

   Matthias

> You are welcome!
>
> Am 30.12.19 um 23:10 schrieb i Oromo:
>> Hello my name is Iskander Idris and I'm from Ethiopia, Oromia region.
>>  Please create a Pootle account for me. I state that my contributions are
>> under
>> the Apache 2 license and I will work on Afaan Oromoo,  My preferred
>> username is ...<AfaanOromo2020>. I developed 20 years ago an Oromo Word
>> processor called Oromosoft Oromiffa
>> <http://www.bisharat.net/wikidoc/pmwiki.php/PanAfrLoc/Oromiffa>,
> A moderator will soon give you information on how to login to Pootle:
>
> https://translate-upgrade.apache.org (This URL might change some time
> since we are updating the server)
>
> Meanwhile we are trying to import the existing translations from OOo 3.3.0:
>
> https://www.openoffice.org/om/
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
>> Respectfully,
>> Iskander Idris

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New Pootle Account

Keith N. McKenna
On 2019-12-30 at 17:10, i Oromo <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello my name is Iskander Idris and I'm from Ethiopia, Oromia region.
> Please create a Pootle account for me. I state that my contributions are
>under
>the Apache 2 license and I will work on Afaan Oromoo,  My preferred
>username is ...<AfaanOromo2020>. I developed 20 years ago an Oromo Word
>processor called Oromosoft Oromiffa
><http://www.bisharat.net/wikidoc/pmwiki.php/PanAfrLoc/Oromiffa>,
>
>Respectfully,
>Iskander Idris
 Welcome! Account afaanoromo2020 created and enabled for Oromoo. Please note
that your preferred was changed as by convention all user names are lower
case.

Please go to https://translate-update.apache.org/accounts/password/reset/ to
receive your password.

Then you will able to login at
https://translate-update.apache.org/. After you login you will this will
take you to the projects page to start translating. Both OpenOffice
projects can be translated but we suggest that the UI project be done
first. This is because the UI MUST be 100% translated to be included in
a release. Of course it is better that both are complete

A detailed Poodle guide is available at
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide

If you don't want to miss announcements you should subscribe to this
mailinglist: send an empty e-mail message to
[hidden email] and
respond to the confirmation request you will receive.

Re: New Pootle Account

Matthias Seidel
Hi Keith,

Am 02.01.20 um 19:10 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:

> On 2019-12-30 at 17:10, i Oromo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello my name is Iskander Idris and I'm from Ethiopia, Oromia region.
>> Please create a Pootle account for me. I state that my contributions are
>> under
>> the Apache 2 license and I will work on Afaan Oromoo,  My preferred
>> username is ...<AfaanOromo2020>. I developed 20 years ago an Oromo Word
>> processor called Oromosoft Oromiffa
>> <http://www.bisharat.net/wikidoc/pmwiki.php/PanAfrLoc/Oromiffa>,
>>
>> Respectfully,
>> Iskander Idris
>  Welcome! Account afaanoromo2020 created and enabled for Oromoo. Please note
> that your preferred was changed as by convention all user names are lower
> case.
>
> Please go to https://translate-update.apache.org/accounts/password/reset/ to
> receive your password.
In fact this is
https://translate-upgrade.apache.org/accounts/password/reset/

Hopefully we can switch the server some time to the old URL...

Regards,

   Matthias

> Then you will able to login at
> https://translate-update.apache.org/. After you login you will this will
> take you to the projects page to start translating. Both OpenOffice
> projects can be translated but we suggest that the UI project be done
> first. This is because the UI MUST be 100% translated to be included in
> a release. Of course it is better that both are complete
>
> A detailed Poodle guide is available at
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide
>
> If you don't want to miss announcements you should subscribe to this
> mailinglist: send an empty e-mail message to
> [hidden email] and
> respond to the confirmation request you will receive.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re[2]: New Pootle Account

Keith N. McKenna
On 2020-01-04 at 7:53, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hi Keith,
Hi Matthias;

>Am 02.01.20 um 19:10 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
>> On 2019-12-30 at 17:10, i Oromo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello my name is Iskander Idris and I'm from Ethiopia, Oromia region.
>>> Please create a Pootle account for me. I state that my contributions are
>>> under
>>> the Apache 2 license and I will work on Afaan Oromoo,  My preferred
>>> username is ...<AfaanOromo2020>. I developed 20 years ago an Oromo Word
>>> processor called Oromosoft Oromiffa
>>> <http://www.bisharat.net/wikidoc/pmwiki.php/PanAfrLoc/Oromiffa>,
>>>
>>> Respectfully,
>>> Iskander Idris
>>  Welcome! Account afaanoromo2020 created and enabled for Oromoo. Please
note
>> that your preferred was changed as by convention all user names are lower
>> case.
>>
>> Please go to https://translate-update.apache.org/accounts/password/reset/

>> receive your password.
>
>In fact this is
>https://translate-upgrade.apache.org/accounts/password/reset/
>
>Hopefully we can switch the server some time to the old URL...
>
>Regards,
>
>   Matthias

Thank you for catching my typo Mattias. Unfortunately I did one than just did
a copy and paste to the other. As far as the possible switch to the old URL,
In the next few daysIplan to update
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Managing_Pootle by
commenting out the e-mail template for the old URL and Adding one for the new
URL. That way if we do switch back to the old one at some point the sections
can just be reveresd and the old URL restored

Regards
Keith

>> Then you will able to login at
>> https://translate-update.apache.org/. After you login you will this will
>> take you to the projects page to start translating. Both OpenOffice
>> projects can be translated but we suggest that the UI project be done
>> first. This is because the UI MUST be 100% translated to be included in
>> a release. Of course it is better that both are complete
>>
>> A detailed Poodle guide is available at
>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide
>>
>> If you don't want to miss announcements you should subscribe to this
>> mailinglist: send an empty e-mail message to
>> [hidden email] and
>> respond to the confirmation request you will receive.

Re: New Pootle Account

Matthias Seidel
Hi Keith,

Good idea!

BTW:

Iskander has trouble to get his mail for password reset.

I tried with my own account and got it within 10 minutes. But maybe we
have problems with gmail accounts?
Can someone cross check?

Regards,

   Matthias

On 2020-01-05 at 15:11, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Keith,
>
>Good idea!
>
>BTW:
>
>Iskander has trouble to get his mail for password reset.
>
>I tried with my own account and got it within 10 minutes. But maybe we
>have problems with gmail accounts?
>Can someone cross check?
>
>Regards,
>
>   Matthias

Hi Matthias

Did you use your LDAP credentials or your @apache.org e-mail Address? I
remember having problem with mail accounts other than commiter accounts a few
years back. I will try a couple of things to possibly narrow it down

Regards
Keith

Am 05.01.20 um 21:41 schrieb Keith's Main Mail:

> On 2020-01-05 at 15:11, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Keith,
>>
>> Good idea!
>>
>> BTW:
>>
>> Iskander has trouble to get his mail for password reset.
>>
>> I tried with my own account and got it within 10 minutes. But maybe we
>> have problems with gmail accounts?
>> Can someone cross check?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
> Hi Matthias
>
> Did you use your LDAP credentials or your @apache.org e-mail Address? I
> remember having problem with mail accounts other than commiter accounts a few
> years back. I will try a couple of things to possibly narrow it down
Normally I log in with LDAP but for testing I used my old credentials
"[hidden email]" (from the time when I was no committer at all).

I asked Iskander to look in the Spam folder but he hasn't answered yet...

Regards,

   Matthias

On 2020-01-05 at 15:50, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Keith,
>
>Am 05.01.20 um 21:41 schrieb Keith's Main Mail:
>> On 2020-01-05 at 15:11, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Keith,
>>>
>>> Good idea!
>>>
>>> BTW:
>>>
>>> Iskander has trouble to get his mail for password reset.
>>>
>>> I tried with my own account and got it within 10 minutes. But maybe we
>>> have problems with gmail accounts?
>>> Can someone cross check?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias
>>>
>> Hi Matthias
>>
>> Did you use your LDAP credentials or your @apache.org e-mail Address? I
>> remember having problem with mail accounts other than commiter accounts a
few

>> years back. I will try a couple of things to possibly narrow it down
>
>Normally I log in with LDAP but for testing I used my old credentials
>"[hidden email]" (from the time when I was no committer at all).
>
>I asked Iskander to look in the Spam folder but he hasn't answered yet...
>
>Regards,
>
>   Matthias

Hi Matthias;

It getting into the spam folder is a distinct possibility. Let me try adding a
test account with my gmail address also just to see if we can at least rule
out a problem with gmail

Regards Keith

>> Regards
>> Keith

Word

https://translate-update.apache.org/accounts/password/reset/

>> did
>> URL,
>> new
>> sections

will

Re: Re[2]: New Pootle Account

i Oromo
Hi Matthias,

It's correct, Gmail by defaut classify it as spam.  Thanks for pin pointing
it I am set and go to good.  Thanks Matthias,

Regards Iskander

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 3:00 PM Keith's Main Mail <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 2020-01-05 at 15:50, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >Hi Keith,
> >
> >Am 05.01.20 um 21:41 schrieb Keith's Main Mail:

> >> Hi Matthias
> >>
> >> Did you use your LDAP credentials or your @apache.org e-mail Address? I
> >> remember having problem with mail accounts other than commiter accounts
> few
> >> years back. I will try a couple of things to possibly narrow it down
> >
> >Normally I log in with LDAP but for testing I used my old credentials
> >"[hidden email]" (from the time when I was no committer at
> all).
> >
> >I asked Iskander to look in the Spam folder but he hasn't answered yet...
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >   Matthias
> >
> Hi Matthias;
>
> It getting into the spam folder is a distinct possibility. Let me try
> adding a
> test account with my gmail address also just to see if we can at least rule
> out a problem with gmail
>
> Regards Keith
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Keith

> region.
> contributions
> are
> Word

> Please
> lower

> https://translate-update.apache.org/accounts/password/reset/

> just
> >> did
> old
> >> URL,
> the
> >> new
> >> sections

> will
> done
> included in

Re: New Pootle Account

Matthias Seidel
Hi Iskander,

I saw you already updated strings in Oromo. Much appreciated!

I will create new L10n builds for Windows [1] by the end of the month,
so you can check your current translation.

Regards,

   Matthias

[1] https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/

Am 07.01.20 um 00:53 schrieb i Oromo:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> It's correct, Gmail by defaut classify it as spam.  Thanks for pin pointing
> it I am set and go to good.  Thanks Matthias,
>
> Regards Iskander
>
> On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 3:00 PM Keith's Main Mail <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2020-01-05 at 15:50, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Keith,

>> few
>>> Normally I log in with LDAP but for testing I used my old credentials
>>> "[hidden email]" (from the time when I was no committer at
>> all).
>>> I asked Iskander to look in the Spam folder but he hasn't answered yet...
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>   Matthias
>>>
>> Hi Matthias;
>>
>> It getting into the spam folder is a distinct possibility. Let me try
>> adding a
>> test account with my gmail address also just to see if we can at least rule
>> out a problem with gmail
>>
>> Regards Keith

>> region.
>> contributions
>> are
>> Word

>> Please
>> lower

>> https://translate-update.apache.org/accounts/password/reset/

>> just
>> old
>> the

>> will
>> done
>> included in

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New Pootle Account

i Oromo
Hi Matthias,

Thanks, I would appreciate that and hopefully I will complete by then.

Regards,
Iskander