New l10n process & bugfix releases

Paolo Pozzan-2
Hello,
now that pootle contains only files from the last milestone, how will be
possible to integrate l10n fixes into bugfix releases in an easy way?
Yes, I am already thinking about 3.3.1 even if 3.3.0 isn't still out.

Paolo

Re: New l10n process & bugfix releases

Rafaella Braconi-2
Hi Paolo,
> Hello,
> now that pootle contains only files from the last milestone, how will be
> possible to integrate l10n fixes into bugfix releases in an easy way?
> Yes, I am already thinking about 3.3.1 even if 3.3.0 isn't still out.

nothing has been changed in this regard. Consider that in Pootle you
have the latest content that will be used for next release. If you
correct strings there, then they will be integrated into next release.
The good thing is that now  - thanks to the Continuous L10n process -
you'll be able to see the changes in the next language pack created.
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/the_localization_process_will_be

Rafaella

In data lunedì 17 gennaio 2011 16:02:57, Rafaella Braconi ha scritto:

> Hi Paolo,
>
> > Hello,
> > now that pootle contains only files from the last milestone, how
> > will be possible to integrate l10n fixes into bugfix releases in
> > an easy way? Yes, I am already thinking about 3.3.1 even if 3.3.0
> > isn't still out.
>
> nothing has been changed in this regard. Consider that in Pootle you
> have the latest content that will be used for next release. If you
> correct strings there, then they will be integrated into next
> release. The good thing is that now  - thanks to the Continuous L10n
> process - you'll be able to see the changes in the next language
> pack created.
> http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/the_localization_process_will_be

Thank you Rafaella,
I just thought that fixes applied in DEV300 codeline (that is the one
inside pootle) would not be suitable for OOO330 codeline.

Paolo