New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Matthias Seidel
Hi all (crossposting to l10n@),

Since we are now able to export language files from Pootle [1], we might
discuss about adding some new languages to the planned AOO 4.2.0
release. Our Developer Builds would be a good place to test them in advance.

We have several "candidates". Some (not all) that come to my mind:

 - Arabic: UI at 98%. Our last release was 3.4.1 so this would be a
"comeback". But no active translator at the moment?

 - Armenian: UI at 59%. Tigran is really working hard day by day to get
this fully translated.

 - Estonian: UI at 97%. Taavi had a good start (we could import a lot of
strings) and finishes the remaining parts.

 - Kabyle: UI at 95%. No active translator at the moment?

 - Romanian: UI at 73%. No active translator at the moment?

 - Ukrainian: UI at 85%. No active translator at the moment?

For all languages above I have built unofficial binaries for Windows:
https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/

Feel free to download and test. I can renew them if needed (and enough
translation is added).

Regards,

   Matthias

[1] https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello,

+1 to publish the dev builds officially with the languages as Matthias
proposed.

Kind regards

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Matthias Seidel
Hi Mechtilde,

Am 05.04.19 um 20:59 schrieb Mechtilde:
> Hello,
>
> +1 to publish the dev builds officially with the languages as Matthias
> proposed.

Thank you for your response!

Since there were no objections (or any other reaction at all) I will
take this as "lazy consensus" and add these languages to the next dev
build (for Windows).

@Jim: Can you add them for Linux and macOS?

Regards,

   Matthias

> Kind regards

>> Hi all (crossposting to l10n@),
>>
>> Since we are now able to export language files from Pootle [1], we might
>> discuss about adding some new languages to the planned AOO 4.2.0
>> release. Our Developer Builds would be a good place to test them in advance.
>>
>> We have several "candidates". Some (not all) that come to my mind:
>>
>>  - Arabic: UI at 98%. Our last release was 3.4.1 so this would be a
>> "comeback". But no active translator at the moment?
>>
>>  - Armenian: UI at 59%. Tigran is really working hard day by day to get
>> this fully translated.
>>
>>  - Estonian: UI at 97%. Taavi had a good start (we could import a lot of
>> strings) and finishes the remaining parts.
>>
>>  - Kabyle: UI at 95%. No active translator at the moment?
>>
>>  - Romanian: UI at 73%. No active translator at the moment?
>>
>>  - Ukrainian: UI at 85%. No active translator at the moment?
>>
>> For all languages above I have built unofficial binaries for Windows:
>> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/
>>
>> Feel free to download and test. I can renew them if needed (and enough
>> translation is added).
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>> [1] https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Peter Kovacs-3
+1 from me too.

On 19.04.19 12:50, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Hi Mechtilde,
>
> Am 05.04.19 um 20:59 schrieb Mechtilde:
>> Hello,
>>
>> +1 to publish the dev builds officially with the languages as Matthias
>> proposed.
> Thank you for your response!
>
> Since there were no objections (or any other reaction at all) I will
> take this as "lazy consensus" and add these languages to the next dev
> build (for Windows).
>
> @Jim: Can you add them for Linux and macOS?
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
>> Kind regards

>>> Hi all (crossposting to l10n@),
>>>
>>> Since we are now able to export language files from Pootle [1], we might
>>> discuss about adding some new languages to the planned AOO 4.2.0
>>> release. Our Developer Builds would be a good place to test them in advance.
>>>
>>> We have several "candidates". Some (not all) that come to my mind:
>>>
>>>  - Arabic: UI at 98%. Our last release was 3.4.1 so this would be a
>>> "comeback". But no active translator at the moment?
>>>
>>>  - Armenian: UI at 59%. Tigran is really working hard day by day to get
>>> this fully translated.
>>>
>>>  - Estonian: UI at 97%. Taavi had a good start (we could import a lot of
>>> strings) and finishes the remaining parts.
>>>
>>>  - Kabyle: UI at 95%. No active translator at the moment?
>>>
>>>  - Romanian: UI at 73%. No active translator at the moment?
>>>
>>>  - Ukrainian: UI at 85%. No active translator at the moment?
>>>
>>> For all languages above I have built unofficial binaries for Windows:
>>> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/
>>>
>>> Feel free to download and test. I can renew them if needed (and enough
>>> translation is added).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias
>>>
>>> [1] https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Matthias Seidel
Hi all,

Estonian UI is at 100% now, Armenian is constantly getting translated
(now at 75%).
At least these two languages should be in the next Dev Build.

The other 4 languages still need an active translator, so I would rather
wait for volunteers.

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 20.04.19 um 09:59 schrieb Peter Kovacs:

> +1 from me too.
>
> On 19.04.19 12:50, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> Hi Mechtilde,
>>
>> Am 05.04.19 um 20:59 schrieb Mechtilde:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> +1 to publish the dev builds officially with the languages as Matthias
>>> proposed.
>> Thank you for your response!
>>
>> Since there were no objections (or any other reaction at all) I will
>> take this as "lazy consensus" and add these languages to the next dev
>> build (for Windows).
>>
>> @Jim: Can you add them for Linux and macOS?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>>> Kind regards

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Dave Fisher
Hi Muḥend Belqasem,

The project is building developer test builds of Apache OpenOffice 4.2.0.

Your language is at 95%. Please respond so that we can discuss doing a test build and possibly release once we are ready and the Kabyle translation is 100%,

Regards,
Dave

> On Apr 4, 2019, at 7:37 AM, Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all (crossposting to l10n@),
>
> Since we are now able to export language files from Pootle [1], we might
> discuss about adding some new languages to the planned AOO 4.2.0
> release. Our Developer Builds would be a good place to test them in advance.
>
> We have several "candidates". Some (not all) that come to my mind:
>
>  - Arabic: UI at 98%. Our last release was 3.4.1 so this would be a
> "comeback". But no active translator at the moment?
>
>  - Armenian: UI at 59%. Tigran is really working hard day by day to get
> this fully translated.
>
>  - Estonian: UI at 97%. Taavi had a good start (we could import a lot of
> strings) and finishes the remaining parts.
>
>  - Kabyle: UI at 95%. No active translator at the moment?
>
>  - Romanian: UI at 73%. No active translator at the moment?
>
>  - Ukrainian: UI at 85%. No active translator at the moment?
>
> For all languages above I have built unofficial binaries for Windows:
> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/
>
> Feel free to download and test. I can renew them if needed (and enough
> translation is added).
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
> [1] https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Matthias Seidel
Hi Jim,

Am 30.04.19 um 14:13 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> Just a FYI that the list of langs we build for are set in the build scripts located in
>
>     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/4.2.0-Dev1
>
> so we need to ensure that if we do decide to add new langs (or remove old ones) to keep those scripts in sync.

Yes, but if we decide to add new languages that would be for Dev2 with a
new set of scripts.

BTW: For Windows the packaged languages are defined in a pack.lst:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/4.2.0-Dev1/wntmsci/Pack-dev.lst

Regards,

   Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Mechtilde Stehmann-2

now all languages from pootle with underscore in their name are uploaded
too.

Kind regards

Mechtilde

Am 15.05.19 um 09:14 schrieb Mechtilde:

> Hello,
>
> the recent *.sdf files are unter
> http://home.apache.org/~mechtilde/SDF-Files/
> Please be aware that the languges with an "_" or "-" are empty. I will
> correct it in the next days.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Mechtilde
>
> Am 15.05.19 um 08:11 schrieb Tigran Zargaryan:
>> Congratulations to the community for 2 new localizations. Any plans when
>> the new releaze will be available? Armenian words are longer rather the
>> English ones, snd also the language construction is different. So will be
>> useful to see the outcomes.
>> Tigran
>>
>> On Tue, May 14, 2019, 22:01 Matthias Seidel <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> With Armenian (and Estonian) we now have two new languages fully
>>> translated (for the UI).
>>> Thank you Tigran (and Taavi) for your incredible work!
>>>
>>> But what about all the other languages?
>>> https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/
>>>
>>> Most of them still need a little bit of attention...
>>> Feel encouraged to translate/review the outstanding percentages. :-)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias

Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice
## Debian Developer
## PGP encryption welcome

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Matthias Seidel
Thanks Mechtilde!

Merged to 42x with:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1859490

Regards,

   Matthias

Am 19.05.19 um 08:49 schrieb Mechtilde:

> Hello,
>
> now Finish Ui translation is completed.
>
> Keind regards

>> Hi all,
>>
>> With Armenian (and Estonian) we now have two new languages fully
>> translated (for the UI).
>> Thank you Tigran (and Taavi) for your incredible work!
>>
>> But what about all the other languages?
>> https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/
>>
>> Most of them still need a little bit of attention...
>> Feel encouraged to translate/review the outstanding percentages. :-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>> Am 09.04.19 um 21:29 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> FYI, Preliminary translation to Estonian is now complete.
>>> I will continue to smoothening out different areas now.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Taavi

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: New languages for AOO 4.2.0?

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello

Am 19.05.19 um 08:49 schrieb Mechtilde:
> Hello,
>
> now Finish Ui translation is completed.

now UI translation Catalan (Valencia RACV) is finished too

> Kind regards

>> Hi all,
>>
>> With Armenian (and Estonian) we now have two new languages fully
>> translated (for the UI).
>> Thank you Tigran (and Taavi) for your incredible work!
>>
>> But what about all the other languages?
>> https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/
>>
>> Most of them still need a little bit of attention...
>> Feel encouraged to translate/review the outstanding percentages. :-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias
>>
>> Am 09.04.19 um 21:29 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> FYI, Preliminary translation to Estonian is now complete.
>>> I will continue to smoothening out different areas now.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Taavi

Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice