ODF Files Created by HP Laserjet 1110A Scanner

ODF Files Created by HP Laserjet 1110A Scanner

Vic Bermudez
Hello,

        I have many ODF files that were created by an HP Laserjet 1100A
printer/scanner. I can't seem to open these with any of the Open Office ODF
menu options. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks In Advance,
Vic

Re: ODF Files Created by HP Laserjet 1110A Scanner

David Belina-2
Were they originally scanned to OCR into OO or as just a jpg?

 HP Laserjet 1100A

RE: ODF Files Created by HP Laserjet 1110A Scanner

Vic Bermudez
Hello David,

        Thanks very much for the quick reply. The files were scanned in and saved
directly to ODF format. I tried to send a sample file as an attachment, but
it was blocked by your Email server.

Thanks,
Vic

Re: ODF Files Created by HP Laserjet 1110A Scanner

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 13:28:00 -0400
"Vic Bermudez" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have many ODF files that were created by an HP Laserjet 1100A
> printer/scanner. I can't seem to open these with any of the Open Office ODF
> menu options. Does anyone have any suggestions ?
>
> Thanks In Advance,
> Vic

ODF or PDF?  If PDF, one needs to install the OpenOffice PDF extension, this will allow merely cosmetic changes to PDF files.  It is best to use a dedicated PDF reader such as Adobe Reader to view PDF files.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: ODF Files Created by HP Laserjet 1110A Scanner

jd1008

On 03/12/2019 12:53 PM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 13:28:00 -0400
> "Vic Bermudez" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have many ODF files that were created by an HP Laserjet 1100A
>> printer/scanner. I can't seem to open these with any of the Open Office ODF
>> menu options. Does anyone have any suggestions ?
>>
>> Thanks In Advance,
>> Vic
> ODF or PDF?  If PDF, one needs to install the OpenOffice PDF extension, this will allow merely cosmetic changes to PDF files.  It is best to use a dedicated PDF reader such as Adobe Reader to view PDF files.

How does one install the pdf extension? From where?

Re: ODF Files Created by HP Laserjet 1110A Scanner

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 13:12:20 -0600
JD <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 03/12/2019 12:53 PM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 13:28:00 -0400
> > "Vic Bermudez" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have many ODF files that were created by an HP Laserjet 1100A
> >> printer/scanner. I can't seem to open these with any of the Open Office ODF
> >> menu options. Does anyone have any suggestions ?
> >>
> >> Thanks In Advance,
> >> Vic
> > ODF or PDF?  If PDF, one needs to install the OpenOffice PDF extension, this will allow merely cosmetic changes to PDF files.  It is best to use a dedicated PDF reader such as Adobe Reader to view PDF files.

The extension is at
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/pdf-import-apache-openoffice

Download it, double click it and it should automatically install.  It will perm,it minor cosmetic changes to be made to a PDF file, but will not allow major editing/restructuring.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>