OLE Access to structure components ... how ??

OLE Access to structure components ... how ??

Marten Feldtmann-3
I again try to connect Smalltalk (IBM VisualAge Smalltalk) to
OpenOffice and I start doing this via OLE/COM.

I'm actually not that good in OLE, but I managed to query interfaces
for their methods and properties and this works quite well - from
these informations I would like to create source code compiled
into Smalltalk.

To build the method signatures I came across structures and nwo
I'm lost ...

One of these structures I have is "com.sun.star.reflection.ParamInfo"
and I try to get the values of the components "aName", "aMode" and
"aType".

As an example here is my Smalltalk method for getting "aName".

    ^self
        invoke: 'aName'             "name of the method I have to invoke"
        withArguments: Array new    "no arguments"
        returnType: true            "yes I want to have the return values"

I would assume to get a String - but whatever I do: I get a low
level error DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND.

It even finds a "dispid" for the method above (I think it was the "3"),
but calling it simply fails and returns this error.

Any idea ???

Marten

Re: OLE Access to structure components ... how ??

Marten Feldtmann-2
Marten Feldtmann schrieb:

> As an example here is my Smalltalk method for getting "aName".
>
>    ^self
>        invoke: 'aName'             "name of the method I have to invoke"
>        withArguments: Array new    "no arguments"
>        returnType: true            "yes I want to have the return values"

I've found the answer for myself: in this case this is not a method invoke,
but a property invoke .... and then one gets the values of a struct.

Marten