OO Writer

Richard Beeston
Hi
I have a question I would like answered please.
I am using Windows 7 and OO 4.1.5
For a paper I am writing I want the lines of writing to have a margin on both sides of the page but also for both sides to be justified so that the lines are filled to the margin and the spaces between the words/letters adjusted so the end of the lines are level with the margins all the way down the page except for the last line if there is insufficient wordage to fill the line. For instance if there are just two words I do not want them spaced out right across the page.
Is there something in the justification button, that I have not discovered yet, that will allow me to do this?
Many Thanks
Richard Beeston

Re: OO Writer

David Robley
On 02/26/2018 11:31 AM, Richard Beeston wrote:
> Hi
> I have a question I would like answered please.
> I am using Windows 7 and OO 4.1.5
> For a paper I am writing I want the lines of writing to have a margin on both sides of the page but also for both sides to be justified so that the lines are filled to the margin and the spaces between the words/letters adjusted so the end of the lines are level with the margins all the way down the page except for the last line if there is insufficient wordage to fill the line. For instance if there are just two words I do not want them spaced out right across the page.
> Is there something in the justification button, that I have not discovered yet, that will allow me to do this?
> Many Thanks
> Richard Beeston
If you use a line break - Shift+Enter - you will see this behaviour.
Consider using the Enter key alone to start a new paragraph instead.

Cheers
--
David Robley

"What's a wide-angle lens?" asked Tom obtusely.

Re: OO Writer

Brian Barker
At 12:01 26/02/2018 +1100, Richard Beeston wrote:
>I am using Windows 7 and OO 4.1.5
>For a paper I am writing I want the lines of writing to have a
>margin on both sides of the page but also for both sides to be
>justified so that the lines are filled to the margin and the spaces
>between the words/letters adjusted so the end of the lines are level
>with the margins all the way down the page except for the last line
>if there is insufficient wordage to fill the line. For instance if
>there are just two words I do not want them spaced out right across the page.

So you mean that you have arranged your text to be justified as you
wish, and it's just the last line of each paragraph that won't behave
properly? (Note that it is the last line of each paragraph that is
affected, not the last line of a page - which may well not be the
last line of a paragraph.)

o Go to Format | Paragraph... | Alignment (or right-click |
Paragraph... | Alignment) or to right-click | Edit Paragraph Style...
| Alignment - according to how you have arranged justification.
o Under Options, you will have Justified selected.
o Against "Last line", select Left (not Justified) from the drop-down menu.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: OO Writer

Martin Groenescheij

On 26/02/18 12:01 PM, Richard Beeston wrote:
> Hi
> I have a question I would like answered please.
> I am using Windows 7 and OO 4.1.5
> For a paper I am writing I want the lines of writing to have a margin on both sides of the page

There are a few options how to set the margins.
First option is to set the margin with Format Page which applies for the
whole document. go to Format -> Page
Second you can set Indents and Spacing (before and after) at a Paragraph
level go to Format -> Styles and Formatting

>   but also for both sides to be justified so that the lines are filled to the margin and the spaces between the words/letters adjusted so the end of the lines are level with the margins all the way down the page except for the last line if there is insufficient wordage to fill the line. For instance if there are just two words I do not want them spaced out right across the page.

This can be set at the Alignment tab of the Paragraph formatting.
Justifying is done for the whole paragraph except for the last line.

> Is there something in the justification button, that I have not discovered yet, that will allow me to do this?

No there is nothing in the justification button other than overwriting
the default for that paragraph.