OO description?

cj-gs

I may need to know what words of OO description similar Microsoft Word,
Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher & Access.  Parenthesis is for MS and I
need to understand in what OO words consist.

Writer (Word)

Calc (Excel)

Impress (PowerPoint) ?

Draw ( ? )

Base ( ? )

Math ( ? )

CJ

Re: OO description?

Martin Groenescheij

Seeing all the questions you raised last weeks I have the feeling that you haven’t done any effort to dig in the available documentation.

> On 14 Mar 2019, at 13:34, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I may need to know what words of OO description similar Microsoft Word,
> Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher & Access.  Parenthesis is for MS and I
> need to understand in what OO words consist.
>
> Writer (Word)
>
> Calc (Excel)
>
> Impress (PowerPoint) ?
>
> Draw ( ? )
>
> Base ( ? )
>
> Math ( ? )
>

> CJ

Re: OO description?

Brian Barker-2
At 07:34 14/03/2019 -0500, Carolyn Sue Alflen wrote:
>I may need to know what words of OO description similar Microsoft
>Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher & Access.

If you want to use OpenOffice, forget about Microsoft Office and
learn about OpenOffice. Don't try to relate what OpenOffice does to
something you don't use. Note, in any case, that Microsoft Office is
merely a collection of independent programs, whereas OpenOffice is an
integrated whole. In many ways, it is more helpful to think of
OpenOffice being able to handle different types of document: text
(word processor), spreadsheet, presentation, and so on, and to avoid
using its component names Writer, Calc, Impress, and so on. They are
not separate programs in the way that Microsoft's offerings are.

You will already have seen the reply from another user identifying
that you appear not to have "done any effort to dig in the available
documentation". Indeed, the answers you require are all on the first
couple of pages of Chapter 1 of the very first manual - the Getting
Started Guide - that you might have consulted. Very little digging
was required!

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker