OO does NOT open

carlo frua
Hello Open Office,

Hope you can help.

I am trying to download Open Office on a MacBookAir running on OSX 10.10.5 and I get the message
in the attachment.

Two questions:
1.
How can I modify the Applications Security Settings to by-pass the problem ? os should I ?
or alternatively
2.
Which earlier version should I download that does not present this hurdle ?

I really thank you very much for your assistance

All my best,

Carlo

Re: OO does NOT open

Howard Blum
You are going to see that dialogue box with every version of the app.

It's the security of the OS to prevent unwanted apps from installing. Here's how to deal with it.

1- Immediately after getting that dialogue box go to system preference.
2- go to security settings.
3- you should see a dialogue box if you really want to open it.
4- when you enter your administration password you will see another dialogue box that asks again if you want to open it.
5- click on open and you won't have to deal with it again.

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018, 8:32 AM carlo frua <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Open Office,

Hope you can help.

I am trying to download Open Office on a MacBookAir running on OSX 10.10.5 and I get the message
in the attachment.

Two questions:
1.
How can I modify the Applications Security Settings to by-pass the problem ? os should I ?
or alternatively
2.
Which earlier version should I download that does not present this hurdle ?

I really thank you very much for your assistance

All my best,

Carlo

Re: OO does NOT open

carlo frua
Thanks Howard,

I followed your instructions precisely. Rather than asking the question you had indicated,
Security&Privacy reacted by opening up the way you can see in the attachment.
I tried to turn Firewall off, but that did not help either.
Any other avenue you my want to suggest ?

All my best and thank you,

Carlo

On Oct 15, 2018, at 17:39, Howard Blum <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Michael Reich
See these instructions for opening programs “from unidentified developers.”  Scroll down to "To override your security settings and open the app anyway:"

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25088?locale=en_US <https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25088?locale=en_US>
--
Michael Reich
1916 Deere Lane

> On Oct 15, 2018, at 12:24 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Thanks Howard,
>
> I followed your instructions precisely. Rather than asking the question you had indicated,
> Security&Privacy reacted by opening up the way you can see in the attachment.
> I tried to turn Firewall off, but that did not help either.
> Any other avenue you my want to suggest ?
>
> All my best and thank you,
>
> Carlo

RE: OO does NOT open

Graeme Whitley

A suggestion for both Windows and Mac OS versions of OO is to have builds signed and, if possible, at least for Windows, published into the Microsoft market place, where it can be updated within the update framework.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: OO does NOT open

Rory O'Farrell
On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 17:29:13 +0200
carlo frua <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Open Office,
>
> Hope you can help.
>
> I am trying to download Open Office on a MacBookAir running on OSX 10.10.5 and I get the message
> in the attachment.
>
> Two questions:
> 1.
> How can I modify the Applications Security Settings to by-pass the problem ? os should I ?
> or alternatively
> 2.
> Which earlier version should I download that does not present this hurdle ?
>
> I really thank you very much for your assistance
>
> All my best,
>
> Carlo

The majority of the problems reported recently regarding running OpenOffice on a Mac are due to the GateKeeper program.
See Q05/A05 in the https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=89283, the Forum Mac FAQ, for this question and solution.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: OO does NOT open

David at Boomer
Control-click to open the ‘app’ and you will get an option to override the security restriction with the admin name and password