OO in Estonian

Taavi Kaevats
Good Evening

For many years i was unable to access my Pootle account that was
created for me. The password just didnt work and only today i got it
reset successfully.

the only project i see there now is "Apache OpenOffice genLang -
EXPERIMENTAL, DON'T USE". It is at 3%.. Should i continue translating
that?

when i choose Apache OpenOffice 4.x from the All Projects drop-down
menu, it sets language to All Languages. The langage is not visible in
the language list here: https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/

How should i start/continue translation process?

Regards,
Taavi
--
Taavi Kaevats
e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: OO in Estonian

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello Taavi,
Am 28.01.19 um 23:44 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:
> Good Evening
>
> For many years i was unable to access my Pootle account that was
> created for me. The password just didnt work and only today i got it
> reset successfully.
>
> the only project i see there now is "Apache OpenOffice genLang -
> EXPERIMENTAL, DON'T USE". It is at 3%.. Should i continue translating
> that?

No!

I have to import the old translation from code to pootle. then you will
find estonian under aoo40 and aoo40help.

Please be patient. I hope I will finish it this evening.

> when i choose Apache OpenOffice 4.x from the All Projects drop-down
> menu, it sets language to All Languages. The langage is not visible in
> the language list here: https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/
>
> How should i start/continue translation process?

After I will have finished the configuration you can continue the
translation process.

> Regards,
> Taavi

thanks for your contribution

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Re: OO in Estonian

Mechtilde Stehmann-2
Hello Taavi,

now the translation is prepared.

You can start.

Good luck

Mechtilde

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Re: OO in Estonian

Taavi Kaevats
Hello,

thank you for notification.
I was afraid it is in worse state, but main 81% complete and help 67%
is already something to start with.

I have also noticed that total for different languages differs. How so?
isnt there same phrases/words to be translated for every language?
https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/
https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40help/

> Hello Taavi,
>
> now the translation is prepared.
>
> You can start.
>
> Good luck
>

> Mechtilde
>
> Am 28.01.19 um 23:44 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:
>> Good Evening
>>
>> For many years i was unable to access my Pootle account that was
>> created for me. The password just didnt work and only today i got it
>> reset successfully.
>>
>> the only project i see there now is "Apache OpenOffice genLang -
>> EXPERIMENTAL, DON'T USE". It is at 3%.. Should i continue translating
>> that?
>>
>> when i choose Apache OpenOffice 4.x from the All Projects drop-down
>> menu, it sets language to All Languages. The langage is not visible in
>> the language list here: https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/
>>
>> How should i start/continue translation process?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Taavi
>>

> --
> Mechtilde Stehmann
> ## Apache OpenOffice
> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows
> ## Debian Developer
> ## PGP encryption welcome
> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

Re: OO in Estonian

Kamal Fayadh
With respect to all of you and your work..

Kindly unsubscribe of this list.

Best of luck

Am 29.01.19 um 22:46 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:

> Hello,
>
> thank you for notification.
> I was afraid it is in worse state, but main 81% complete and help 67%
> is already something to start with.
>
> I have also noticed that total for different languages differs. How so?
> isnt there same phrases/words to be translated for every language?
> https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/
> https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40help/
As I see at the import process there can be some manual entries into the
sdf file.

May be it will corrected with the next merge process.

As long this are only few strings I don't want to investigate deeper.

Kind regards

--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Apache OpenOffice

Re: OO in Estonian

FR web forum
> Kindly unsubscribe of this list.
Read instruction in bottom:

Re: OO in Estonian

Matthias Seidel
Hi Taavi,

Am 29.01.19 um 22:46 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:
> Hello,
>
> thank you for notification.
> I was afraid it is in worse state, but main 81% complete and help 67%
> is already something to start with.

I went ahead and marked some strings as "need work".

Mechtilde imported an existing SDF containing some References to Sun
Microsystems.

Good luck!

Regards,

   Matthias

> I have also noticed that total for different languages differs. How so?
> isnt there same phrases/words to be translated for every language?
> https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/
> https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40help/

>> Hello Taavi,
>>
>> now the translation is prepared.
>>
>> You can start.
>>
>> Good luck
>>

>> Mechtilde
>>
>> Am 28.01.19 um 23:44 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:
>>> Good Evening
>>>
>>> For many years i was unable to access my Pootle account that was
>>> created for me. The password just didnt work and only today i got it
>>> reset successfully.
>>>
>>> the only project i see there now is "Apache OpenOffice genLang -
>>> EXPERIMENTAL, DON'T USE". It is at 3%.. Should i continue translating
>>> that?
>>>
>>> when i choose Apache OpenOffice 4.x from the All Projects drop-down
>>> menu, it sets language to All Languages. The langage is not visible in
>>> the language list here: https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/
>>>
>>> How should i start/continue translation process?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Taavi
>>>
>> --
>> Mechtilde Stehmann
>> ## Apache OpenOffice
>> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows
>> ## Debian Developer
>> ## PGP encryption welcome
>> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: OO in Estonian

Matthias Seidel
Hi Taavi,

Am 29.01.19 um 22:46 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:

> Hello,
>
> thank you for notification.
> I was afraid it is in worse state, but main 81% complete and help 67%
> is already something to start with.
>
> I have also noticed that total for different languages differs. How so?
> isnt there same phrases/words to be translated for every language?
> https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/
> https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40help/
Thank you for your ongoing translation!

Just in case you use Windows, I have made an Estonian build based on a
Pootle export from last weekend:
https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/AOO-420-Estonian/

Let me know if everything looks good so far.

Regards,

   Matthias

>> Hello Taavi,
>>
>> now the translation is prepared.
>>
>> You can start.
>>
>> Good luck
>>

>> Mechtilde
>>
>> Am 28.01.19 um 23:44 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:
>>> Good Evening
>>>
>>> For many years i was unable to access my Pootle account that was
>>> created for me. The password just didnt work and only today i got it
>>> reset successfully.
>>>
>>> the only project i see there now is "Apache OpenOffice genLang -
>>> EXPERIMENTAL, DON'T USE". It is at 3%.. Should i continue translating
>>> that?
>>>
>>> when i choose Apache OpenOffice 4.x from the All Projects drop-down
>>> menu, it sets language to All Languages. The langage is not visible in
>>> the language list here: https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/
>>>
>>> How should i start/continue translation process?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Taavi
>>>
>> --
>> Mechtilde Stehmann
>> ## Apache OpenOffice
>> ## Freie Office Suite für Linux, MacOSX, Windows
>> ## Debian Developer
>> ## PGP encryption welcome
>> ## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899  39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: OO in Estonian

Taavi Kaevats
Hi Matthias,

I will look at the pootle export later today. And yes, i do have
mainly a windows machine for use these days, with some access to Linux
platform. That is unless i am stick to android.

For now i am a bit confused whether i should translate the boolean
operators TRUE and FALSE, as well as noun OK, which all have widely
used local acronyms/translations present. I would lean to use local
translated acronyms instead, but i get critical errors when doing so.
The error says it can interfere with program stability, but then
states it should be used in some languages... So what should i do?

looking for your reply,
Taavi

Am 07.02.19 um 15:51 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> I will look at the pootle export later today. And yes, i do have
> mainly a windows machine for use these days, with some access to Linux
> platform. That is unless i am stick to android.

Great! I always do builds for languages that do not have an official
binary (yet).

Along with Estonian there is Arabic, Armenian, Kabyle, Romanian and
Ukrainian. Other languages might follow.

> For now i am a bit confused whether i should translate the boolean
> operators TRUE and FALSE, as well as noun OK, which all have widely
> used local acronyms/translations present. I would lean to use local
> translated acronyms instead, but i get critical errors when doing so.
> The error says it can interfere with program stability, but then
> states it should be used in some languages... So what should i do?

If you are unsure, you can always define "Alternative Source Languages"
in your Pootle settings. If you take e.g. German you can see, if it is
translated.

Regards,

   Matthias

> looking for your reply,
> Taavi

>> Hi Taavi,
>>
>> Am 29.01.19 um 22:46 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> thank you for notification.
>>> I was afraid it is in worse state, but main 81% complete and help 67%
>>> is already something to start with.
>>>
>>> I have also noticed that total for different languages differs. How so?
>>> isnt there same phrases/words to be translated for every language?
>>> https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/
>>> https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40help/
>> Thank you for your ongoing translation!
>>
>> Just in case you use Windows, I have made an Estonian build based on a
>> Pootle export from last weekend:
>> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/AOO-420-Estonian/
>>
>> Let me know if everything looks good so far.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: OO in Estonian

Taavi Kaevats
Hi again,

I was only able to give it a fast preview today. The evening became
more busy than i expected at first.

Apart from it being only partly translated the program seems to work
well at first glance. Starting the installer though yield an error
'Windows Defender reports unrecognized app from Unknown publisher,
that might put your PC at risk'. Is that expected from those
executables?

> Hi Taavi,
>

> Thank you for your ongoing translation!
>
> Just in case you use Windows, I have made an Estonian build based on a
> Pootle export from last weekend:
> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/AOO-420-Estonian/
>
> Let me know if everything looks good so far.
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias

Re: OO in Estonian

Matthias Seidel
Hi Taavi,

Am 07.02.19 um 22:12 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:

> Hi again,
>
> I was only able to give it a fast preview today. The evening became
> more busy than i expected at first.
>
> Apart from it being only partly translated the program seems to work
> well at first glance. Starting the installer though yield an error
> 'Windows Defender reports unrecognized app from Unknown publisher,
> that might put your PC at risk'. Is that expected from those
> executables?
Windows 10?

This is Windows Defender SmartScreen:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-smartscreen/windows-defender-smartscreen-set-individual-device

It is a warning because these builds are not digitally signed and not
(yet) known to SmartScreen.

Did you install the Language Pack or the Full Installation?

Regards,

   Matthias

>> Hi Taavi,
>>

>> Thank you for your ongoing translation!
>>
>> Just in case you use Windows, I have made an Estonian build based on a
>> Pootle export from last weekend:
>> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/AOO-420-Estonian/
>>
>> Let me know if everything looks good so far.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>    Matthias

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: OO in Estonian

Taavi Kaevats
Saatja Matthias Seidel <[hidden email] kirjutas kuupäeval N, 7.
veebruar 2019 23:33 järgmist:

> Hi Taavi,
>
> Am 07.02.19 um 22:12 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > I was only able to give it a fast preview today. The evening became
> > more busy than i expected at first.
> >
> > Apart from it being only partly translated the program seems to work
> > well at first glance. Starting the installer though yield an error
> > 'Windows Defender reports unrecognized app from Unknown publisher,
> > that might put your PC at risk'. Is that expected from those
> > executables?
>
> Windows 10?

Yes

> This is Windows Defender SmartScreen:
>

> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-smartscreen/windows-defender-smartscreen-set-individual-device
>
> It is a warning because these builds are not digitally signed and not
> (yet) known to SmartScreen.
>
> Did you install the Language Pack or the Full Installation?

This time i went for full installation as my current PC had outdated
version of OO installed

> Regards,
>
>    Matthias

> >:
> >> Hi Taavi,
> >>

> >> Thank you for your ongoing translation!
> >>
> >> Just in case you use Windows, I have made an Estonian build based on a
> >> Pootle export from last weekend:
> >>
> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-L10n/AOO-420-Estonian/
> >>
> >> Let me know if everything looks good so far.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >>    Matthias

Re: OO in Estonian

Matthias Seidel
Am 07.02.19 um 22:43 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:

> Saatja Matthias Seidel <[hidden email] kirjutas kuupäeval N, 7.
> veebruar 2019 23:33 järgmist:
>
>> Hi Taavi,
>>
>> Am 07.02.19 um 22:12 schrieb Taavi Kaevats:
>>> Hi again,
>>>
>>> I was only able to give it a fast preview today. The evening became
>>> more busy than i expected at first.
>>>
>>> Apart from it being only partly translated the program seems to work
>>> well at first glance. Starting the installer though yield an error
>>> 'Windows Defender reports unrecognized app from Unknown publisher,
>>> that might put your PC at risk'. Is that expected from those
>>> executables?
>> Windows 10?
>>
> Yes
>
>> This is Windows Defender SmartScreen:
>>

>> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-smartscreen/windows-defender-smartscreen-set-individual-device
>>
>> It is a warning because these builds are not digitally signed and not
>> (yet) known to SmartScreen.
>>
>> Did you install the Language Pack or the Full Installation?
>>
> This time i went for full installation as my current PC had outdated
> version of OO installed
OK, but remember, that 4.2.0 is not officially released yet. So every
installed version of AOO would be "outdated"! ;-)