OOo 2.0 Writer Crash

Bryan Stoudt
How much memory do you have ? 1 GB RAM

Do you have the latest patches from MS installed ? Yes

Are many other applications running at the same time ?  Not generally -
usually a few other OO docs, and maybe 1-2 other apps.  In the background,
I run McAfee antivirus, MS Anti-spyware, OO Quickstarter, and a few others
- sometimes Nero, sometimes HotSync (for my palm), etc.

Does it happen all of the time ? Yes, it happens every time I use OO
Writer.  The length between crashes varies, and there doesn't appear to be
any rhyme or reason as to whether the crash reboots the entire computer,
or whether it's just OO that shuts down... but it does happen every time I
use OO for more than just a minute or two.

Thank you for your help!

Re: OOo 2.0 Writer Crash

Paul
Ok, good info supplied and I would suggest that it is nothing to do
with what your running (application & hardware). Ram and app's you've
mentioned should no way cause OOo to crash every time after a few
minutes.

I can only suggest one thing - extract your setup files, then re-run
the setup file and select 'repair' option. I'm guessing that something
has happened to your specific install of OOo which is causing this.
The repair should clean that up.

Reply to the list if this still happens...

/paul