OOo for PPC

Reto Rieger
Hi,

I pray for OOo on my Pocket-PC. Is there a chance?

Regards, R. Rieger

Re: OOo for PPC

CPHennessy
On Tue November 29 2005 21:07, + Reto Rieger wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> Hi,
>
> I pray for OOo on my Pocket-PC. Is there a chance?

Hi,
 Currently OOo itself would be too large for any pocket pc.
However the file format (ODF) can easily be opened and updated by other
applications. So it is more likely that a custom application will be written
to do limited editing for PPC's. Maybe you can tell us what functionality
your current PPC editing tools provide ?

Please reply to [hidden email] only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Re: OOo for PPC

Reto Rieger
CPHennessy schrieb:

>On Tue November 29 2005 21:07, + Reto Rieger wrote:
>

>> [ MODERATED ] ***********************
>>Hi,
>>
>>I pray for OOo on my Pocket-PC. Is there a chance?
>>

>Hi,
> Currently OOo itself would be too large for any pocket pc.

Today everyone has for example a big  CF-Card in his PPC. So I think
that's not the problem.

>However the file format (ODF) can easily be opened and updated by other
>applications. So it is more likely that a custom application will be written
>to do limited editing for PPC's. Maybe you can tell us what functionality
>your current PPC editing tools provide ?

The biggest Problem is, that there is no application for editing
ODF-Files from OOo. Even not with Plan- or Text-Maker - forget
PocketWord and PocketExcel.

Greetings, Reto Rieger