OPEN OFFICE INTERNSHIP

rahul makhijani
RESPECTED SIR
        I,RAHUL MAKHIJANI AM A STUDENT OF BTECH ELECTRICAL
ENGINEERING IN INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY IN MUMBAI IN INDIA.
SIR I WOULD LIKE TO WORK ON THE FOLL PROJECT

 Improve the Impress slideshow annotation mode

OOo has recently gotten a live annotation mode in the slideshow
component, via a sequence of semester projects at Ecole Centrale
Nantes. This project is far from done, has been worked on by students
previously, and is highly useful in a classroom/education setting.

Tasks :

    * improve the eraser mode
    * fix various bugs around
    * improve the annotation mode

I HAVE DONE AN INTERNSHIP IN INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY UNDER
PROFESSOR OF COMPUTER SCIENCE PROFESSOR DEEPAK PHATAK THIS YEAR.

MY INTERNSHIP INVOLVED MAKING AN OPEN OFFICE PLUGIN WHICH INTEGRATES
OPEN OFFICE WITH A CLICKER RESPONSE SYSTEM SOFTWARE AND MYSQL.
I INTEGRATED OPEN OFFICE WITH NETTBEANS USING OPEN OFFICE API AND
WROTE A CODE WHICH CREATES A MENU CONTAINING COMMANDS WHICH INTERACTS
WITH THE USER SO THAT DATA CAN BE ADDED DIRECTLY TO MYSQL DATABASE
FROM OPEN OFFICE.I WORKED EVEN ON JDBC API.
I WROTE MACROS FOR CREATING TEMPLATE(AN EDUCATION TEMPLATE),DIALOG BOX
FOR USER INPUT AND WORKED TO PROVIDE IM A SMALL GUI IN OPEN OFFICE.
THE PLUGIN IS GOING TO BE DISTRIBUTED UNDER OPEN SOURCE .
 I HAVE A GOOD EXPERIENCE OF UNO API.

I HAVE ALREADY WORKED IN OPEN OFFICE AND CREATED AN EXTENSION USING
NETBEANS TO OPEN DIALOG BOXES IN OPEN OFFICE TO COLLECT USER RESPONSES
TO BE STORED NY SQL DATABASE.
I ENJOYED WORKING WITH UNO API FOR CREATION OF EXTENSIONS AND FEEL
THERE IS A LOT OF SCOPE OF DEVELOPMENT IN OPEN OFFICE.
SINCE IT IS AN AREA OF FAMILIARITY I FEEL I CAN EASILY ADOPT TO THIS
AREA AND MAKE SOME DIFFERENCE.

I LOOK FORWARD UPON YOU FOR SOME ADVICE.
THANKING YOU IN ANTICIPATION.

YOURS SINCERELY
RAHUL MAKHIJANI
BTECH ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING