OPenoffice source code and porting on ppc

OPenoffice source code and porting on ppc

Ashish Joshi-2
Hi,

I am looking for some basic information to port Openoffice to ppc.

we are working on a project where we want to port Openoffice on Embedded
device which runs linux on ppc.

I am not able to find source code for open office, which we can make use
of and port it to ppc.  where can I get openoffice source code.

I had downloaded OOo_1.1.2_LinuxPPC_en_installer.tar.gz &
OOo_2.4.0_src_core.tar.bz2. But dont have exact idea how to proceed with
this.

Can someone give me idea that what are the efforts required to do this
task.

Thanks,
-AShish

Re: OPenoffice source code and porting on ppc

Caolán McNamara
On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 14:23 +0530, Ashish Joshi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for some basic information to port Openoffice to ppc.

It is already ported to linux ppc. Just configure and build like you
would on i386 and it should "just work" without anything particularly
specific for Linux ppc required.

Distributions like Fedora and Debian regularly build OOo for ppc so the
released versions of OpenOffice.org are known to build and function
under ppc.

C.