OS X High Sierra

Jerome Fleischman
Hi,

Will Open Office work on the
new version of OSX High Sierra.

Jerry Fleischman

Re: OS X High Sierra

Marcus (OOo)
Am 16.09.2017 um 14:57 schrieb Jerome Fleischman:

> Will Open Office work on the
> new version of OSX High Sierra.

I'm not a Mac user, so I cannot provide any experiences.

Have you used OpenOffice with the previous macOS version? If so, I would
think that there is no difference.

Marcus

Re: OS X High Sierra

Jerome Fleischman
Marcus,

Thanks for your response.

I have been using Microsoft Office forever and just
downloaded Open Office.
I tested it on a couple of things and it seemed to work on
OS Sierra and a Word document and an Excel spreadsheet.

Rumor/word has it that current Microsoft Office apps
will not/may not work on the new Mac OS High Sierra.

Microsoft will be charging yearly for their new
version so I thought Open Office would be a good
alternative.

I guess I will find out soon enough.

Thanks for your comments.

Jerry

> On Sep 17, 2017, at 11:14 AM, Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Am 16.09.2017 um 14:57 schrieb Jerome Fleischman:
>
>> Will Open Office work on the
>> new version of OSX High Sierra.
>
> I'm not a Mac user, so I cannot provide any experiences.
>
> Have you used OpenOffice with the previous macOS version? If so, I would think that there is no difference.
>
> Marcus

Re: OS X High Sierra

Marcus (OOo)
Am 17.09.2017 um 17:57 schrieb Jerome Fleischman:

> I have been using Microsoft Office forever and just
> downloaded Open Office.
> I tested it on a couple of things and it seemed to work on
> OS Sierra and a Word document and an Excel spreadsheet.
>
> Rumor/word has it that current Microsoft Office apps
> will not/may not work on the new Mac OS High Sierra.
>
> Microsoft will be charging yearly for their new
> version so I thought Open Office would be a good
> alternative.
>
> I guess I will find out soon enough.

OK, when you know it's working on OS Sierra then you already know the
little obstacle [1]. As I don't know the changes in OS High Sierra I
*assume* it should work as it's just an upgrade from version 10.12 to 10.13.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.3ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

HTH

Marcus

>> On Sep 17, 2017, at 11:14 AM, Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Am 16.09.2017 um 14:57 schrieb Jerome Fleischman:
>>
>>> Will Open Office work on the
>>> new version of OSX High Sierra.
>>
>> I'm not a Mac user, so I cannot provide any experiences.
>>
>> Have you used OpenOffice with the previous macOS version? If so, I would think that there is no difference.
>>
>> Marcus

Re: OS X High Sierra

Peter Kovacs-3
The information I have on the new release is that the changes consist of bug fixes and a rework of user experience. No fundamental changes are in the upcomming release of Max is.

Source of this is a German tech magazine that wrote a summary article for high Sierra.

None the less I plan to interview a techie at an Apple store, if there are any constraints for older Applications. (Since we build on old release SDK I count us in the category.

Possible that we could get an issue with our unsigned package. And I have not forgotten about it.

All the best
Peter

Am 17. September 2017 19:07:34 MESZ schrieb Marcus <[hidden email]>:

>Am 17.09.2017 um 17:57 schrieb Jerome Fleischman:
>> I have been using Microsoft Office forever and just
>> downloaded Open Office.
>> I tested it on a couple of things and it seemed to work on
>> OS Sierra and a Word document and an Excel spreadsheet.
>>
>> Rumor/word has it that current Microsoft Office apps
>> will not/may not work on the new Mac OS High Sierra.
>>
>> Microsoft will be charging yearly for their new
>> version so I thought Open Office would be a good
>> alternative.
>>
>> I guess I will find out soon enough.
>
>OK, when you know it's working on OS Sierra then you already know the
>little obstacle [1]. As I don't know the changes in OS High Sierra I
>*assume* it should work as it's just an upgrade from version 10.12 to
>10.13.
>
>[1]
>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.3ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues
>
>HTH
>
>Marcus

>>> I'm not a Mac user, so I cannot provide any experiences.
>>>
>>> Have you used OpenOffice with the previous macOS version? If so, I
>would think that there is no difference.
>>>
>>> Marcus

Re: OS X High Sierra

Jim Jagielski
Although not formally tested, 414-RC2 works fine.