Office Suite 2018 Premium Edition

Mike Wilson
I have Open Office 4.1.5. What the difference between that and Office Suite
2018 Premium Edition?

Mike Wilson

Re: Office Suite 2018 Premium Edition

zahra a
openoffice is free to use by everyone.
you can download and install openoffice in many computer that you like.
but premium office programs, surely are not free, you should pay the
money, activate the program and only you can install in one computer
or at least, you have limitation in numbers that you can install
office premium and professional on.

On 3/20/18, Mike Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have Open Office 4.1.5. What the difference between that and Office Suite
> 2018 Premium Edition?
>

> Mike Wilson

By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Re: Office Suite 2018 Premium Edition

zahra a
i forgot to add openoffice is one opensource program that everyone
that know programming, can join the developers, add new features or
fix bugs.
but other office programs are closed source and you have not
permission to change the codes and sourcecodes are not available for
download.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Re: Office Suite 2018 Premium Edition

jonathon-3
On 03/20/2018 09:01 AM, zahra a wrote:

> but other office programs are closed source and you have not

The specific program in question, _Office Suite 2018 Premium Edition_ is
based upon Apache Open Office. Furthermore, it claims "Unlimited license
for private and business use - registration not required"

###

Mike wrote:

>What is the difference?

Going purely by the product claims on Amazon, the differences are:
* Is on a DVD;
* Is Apache Open Office 4.1.3;
* Includes 20,000 pictures;
* Includes 1,000 fonts;

jonathon

Re: Office Suite 2018 Premium Edition

Dave Fisher
Hi -

Yes, many companies sell Apache OpenOffice repackaged on DVDs. Some offer our packages as a download. This is ok as long as they don’t alter or if they do they have permission from the Apache OpenOffice PMC.

If anyone is suspicious about a version of OpenOffice then please let the PMC know at [hidden email]

The PMC recommends that people download from www.openoffice.org/download which redirects to SourceForge.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone