Official Marketing Twitter (was Re: [marketing] "Follow us" badge at top page of ja.openoffice.org (Re: [marketing] JA project starts twittering and you can see it on ja.openoffice.org)))

Official Marketing Twitter (was Re: [marketing] "Follow us" badge at top page of ja.openoffice.org (Re: [marketing] JA project starts twittering and you can see it on ja.openoffice.org)))

Katsuya Kobayashi
Hi Florian,

 In the mass follwer situation, we can promote easy and get more feedbacks.
I feel it will be good tow way marketing media mix.

 I think you have to get the offficial account as a marketig lead
as like as marketingopenofficeorg , and so on.

 And also I think you have to regist the hashtag to registration site
as like as # OOoMarketing , # OOo10th ,and so on.

Best,
Katsuya

2010/4/17 Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Maho NAKATA wrote on 2010-04-17 09.53:
>
>> Twitter is very nice. JA project have 400 followers.
>> Now we have a "Follow us" badge at http://ja.openoffice.org/ .
>> Is anything similar on www.openoffice.org?
>
> thanks, this looks nice! The we don't have this at www.openoffice.org, as we
> don't have an official twitter account. Most people, like myself, have their
> own Twitter accounts where they also post stuff about OOo.
>
> Florian

* I recommend OpenOffice.org and ODF ! * :)
Katsuya Kobayashi ( http://www4.plala.or.jp/k21/ )
A member of OpenOffice.org Ja and Marketing Project.
kynh at openoffice.org

Re: Official Marketing Twitter (was Re: [marketing] "Follow us" badge at top page of ja.openoffice.org (Re: [marketing] JA project starts twittering and you can see it on ja.openoffice.org)))

Florian Effenberger-2
Hi,

Katsuya Kobayashi wrote on 2010-04-17 18.27:

>   In the mass follwer situation, we can promote easy and get more feedbacks.
> I feel it will be good tow way marketing media mix.
>
>   I think you have to get the offficial account as a marketig lead
> as like as marketingopenofficeorg , and so on.
>
>   And also I think you have to regist the hashtag to registration site
> as like as # OOoMarketing , # OOo10th ,and so on.

I know there's http://twitter.com/openofficeorg - anyone knows who this
belongs to?

Florian

Re: Official Marketing Twitter (was Re: [marketing] "Follow us" badge at top page of ja.openoffice.org (Re: [marketing] JA project starts twittering and you can see it on ja.openoffice.org)))

Italo Vignoli-2

I have @openoffice, while I think that Alexandro Colorado has
@openofficeorg.

--
Italo Vignoli
[hidden email]

Italo Vignoli wrote on 2010-04-19 18.05:
> I have @openoffice, while I think that Alexandro Colorado has
> @openofficeorg.

I've asked Alexandro various times, without reply :-(

Florian

Re: Official Marketing Twitter (was Re: [marketing] "Follow us" badge at top page of ja.openoffice.org (Re: [marketing] JA project starts twittering and you can see it on ja.openoffice.org)))

Katsuya Kobayashi
Hi Florian and *,

 Thank you for your contact.
 How about OpenOfficedotorg ? :)

 And Also Hashtag registration is needed.

http://marketing.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=29876
 Facebook is also followed OpenOffice.org ...

kynh at openoffice.org

Re: Official Marketing Twitter (was Re: [marketing] "Follow us" badge at top page of ja.openoffice.org (Re: [marketing] JA project starts twittering and you can see it on ja.openoffice.org)))

Drew Jensen
Hi,

Well, on the hashtag registration question - now maybe I'm mistaken but -
there really is no formal registration with twitter.

There is a site hashtags.org which tracks hashtags for twitter users that
opt-in to the program by following @hashtags account, currently a few
hundred thousand, and BTW the domain and service is up for sale - so see if
you have a little spare change in your bank account this month perhaps,
maybe we could all pitch in ........

There is also another site Twemes <http://twemes.com/> which tracks hastags
without you needing to opt-in, but it has never seemed to work for me with
low intensity hastags such as those for OO.o.

#ooo and #openoffice seem to be the most used tags - speaking for myself I
will *not* be using #ooo going forward, accept when explicitly referring to
Oracle Open Office.

#ODF is a common hashtag and seems to be often mixed with OpenOffice
information.

HTH

Drew

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Katsuya Kobayashi <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hi Florian and *,
>
>  Thank you for your contact.
>  How about OpenOfficedotorg ? :)
>
>  And Also Hashtag registration is needed.
>
> http://marketing.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=29876
>  Facebook is also followed OpenOffice.org ...
>
> 2010/4/20 Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Italo Vignoli wrote on 2010-04-19 18.05:
> >>
> >> I have @openoffice, while I think that Alexandro Colorado has
> >> @openofficeorg.
> >
> > I've asked Alexandro various times, without reply :-(
> >
> > Florian

> * I recommend OpenOffice.org and ODF ! * :)
> Katsuya Kobayashi ( http://www4.plala.or.jp/k21/ )
> A member of OpenOffice.org Ja and Marketing Project.
> kynh at openoffice.org

Re: Official Marketing Twitter (was Re: [marketing] "Follow us" badge at top page of ja.openoffice.org (Re: [marketing] JA project starts twittering and you can see it on ja.openoffice.org)))

Katsuya Kobayashi
Hi Drew,

There are many kind of registration services.
No formal registration with twitter may be yes.
And the other side, hashtag used the other social networks.

Best,
Katsuya

kynh at openoffice.org

Re: Official Marketing Twitter (was Re: [marketing] "Follow us" badge at top page of ja.openoffice.org (Re: [marketing] JA project starts twittering and you can see it on ja.openoffice.org)))

Alexandro Colorado-3
ummm I did reply last time. I told you I used this as the Otto's club
initiative send you a link to the wiki.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Florian Effenberger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Italo Vignoli wrote on 2010-04-19 18.05:
>>
>> I have @openoffice, while I think that Alexandro Colorado has
>> @openofficeorg.
>
> I've asked Alexandro various times, without reply :-(
>
> Florian

Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Español
http://es.openoffice.org

Re: Official Marketing Twitter (was Re: [marketing] "Follow us" badge at top page of ja.openoffice.org (Re: [marketing] JA project starts twittering and you can see it on ja.openoffice.org)))

Alexandro Colorado-3
I also wrote how people can publish things through a Ping.fm account a
year ago. Should be on the archives. Only Sophie and Charles showed
interest but never really contribute AFAIK.

Otto's club has accounts on twitter, ideantica and other SN. You are
welcome to contribute anytime.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Italo Vignoli wrote on 2010-04-19 18.05:
>>
>> I have @openoffice, while I think that Alexandro Colorado has
>> @openofficeorg.
>
> I've asked Alexandro various times, without reply :-(
>
> Florian

Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Español
http://es.openoffice.org

Re: Official Marketing Twitter (was Re: [marketing] "Follow us" badge at top page of ja.openoffice.org (Re: [marketing] JA project starts twittering and you can see it on ja.openoffice.org)))

Florian Effenberger-2
Hi Alexandro,

Alexandro Colorado wrote on 2010-04-19 21.48:

> I also wrote how people can publish things through a Ping.fm account a
> year ago. Should be on the archives. Only Sophie and Charles showed
> interest but never really contribute AFAIK.
>
> Otto's club has accounts on twitter, ideantica and other SN. You are
> welcome to contribute anytime.

oh, sorry, seems I've totally missed that. Can you let me know again how
to publish information there?

Thanks
Florian

Re: Official Marketing Twitter (was Re: [marketing] "Follow us" badge at top page of ja.openoffice.org (Re: [marketing] JA project starts twittering and you can see it on ja.openoffice.org)))

Alexandro Colorado-3
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 5:15 AM, Florian Effenberger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Alexandro,
>
> Alexandro Colorado wrote on 2010-04-19 21.48:
>
>> I also wrote how people can publish things through a Ping.fm account a
>> year ago. Should be on the archives. Only Sophie and Charles showed
>> interest but never really contribute AFAIK.
>>
>> Otto's club has accounts on twitter, ideantica and other SN. You are
>> welcome to contribute anytime.
>
> oh, sorry, seems I've totally missed that. Can you let me know again how to
> publish information there?

Ping.fm allows you to interact with your ping.fm account through
email. Arguably this email, is a unique email and can be sent from
anyone. For the Otto campaign is:
"Otto Ping.fm" <[hidden email]>,

> Thanks
> Florian

Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Español
http://es.openoffice.org

Alexandro Colorado wrote on 2010-04-20 15.37:
> Ping.fm allows you to interact with your ping.fm account through
> email. Arguably this email, is a unique email and can be sent from
> anyone. For the Otto campaign is:
> "Otto Ping.fm"<[hidden email]>,

i.e. if I send e-mail to the above address, the first 140 chars are
posted to the OOo Twitter account?

(Sorry, never used ping.fm in the past, that's why I am asking these
dumb questions... ;-)

Florian

Re: Official Marketing Twitter (was Re: [marketing] "Follow us" badge at top page of ja.openoffice.org (Re: [marketing] JA project starts twittering and you can see it on ja.openoffice.org)))

Alexandro Colorado-3
yes if you send a URL it automatically gets shorten. usually is good
for headlines and such.

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Florian Effenberger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Alexandro,
>
> Alexandro Colorado wrote on 2010-04-20 15.37:
>>
>> Ping.fm allows you to interact with your ping.fm account through
>> email. Arguably this email, is a unique email and can be sent from
>> anyone. For the Otto campaign is:
>> "Otto Ping.fm"<[hidden email]>,
>
> i.e. if I send e-mail to the above address, the first 140 chars are posted
> to the OOo Twitter account?
>
> (Sorry, never used ping.fm in the past, that's why I am asking these dumb
> questions... ;-)
>
> Florian

Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Español
http://es.openoffice.org

Alexandro Colorado wrote on 2010-04-21 17.13:
> yes if you send a URL it automatically gets shorten. usually is good
> for headlines and such.

thanks, I'll give it a try.

Florian

Re: Official Marketing Twitter (was Re: [marketing] "Follow us" badge at top page of ja.openoffice.org (Re: [marketing] JA project starts twittering and you can see it on ja.openoffice.org)))

Stefan Taxhet (sonews)-2
Hi Alexandro,

Unfortunately one can't retweet via ping.fm.
Could you share the credentials for @openofficeorg you recently changed
with Peter and me so that we can continue the effort.

Thanks
Stefan

On 19.04.2010 21:48, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

> I also wrote how people can publish things through a Ping.fm account a
> year ago. Should be on the archives. Only Sophie and Charles showed
> interest but never really contribute AFAIK.
>
> Otto's club has accounts on twitter, ideantica and other SN. You are
> welcome to contribute anytime.
>
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Florian Effenberger
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Italo Vignoli wrote on 2010-04-19 18.05:
>>>
>>> I have @openoffice, while I think that Alexandro Colorado has
>>> @openofficeorg.
>>
>> I've asked Alexandro various times, without reply :-(
>>
>> Florian

Re: Official Marketing Twitter (was Re: [marketing] "Follow us" badge at top page of ja.openoffice.org (Re: [marketing] JA project starts twittering and you can see it on ja.openoffice.org)))

Alexandro Colorado-3
On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Stefan Taxhet (sonews) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Alexandro,
>
> Unfortunately one can't retweet via ping.fm.
> Could you share the credentials for @openofficeorg you recently changed
> with Peter and me so that we can continue the effort.

The reason and funcitonality of ping.fm is that it lets you publish without
having the credentials by sending an email to the unique account without
needing to share the password. I can PM you the email.

> Thanks
> Stefan
>

> On 19.04.2010 21:48, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>
>> I also wrote how people can publish things through a Ping.fm account a
>> year ago. Should be on the archives. Only Sophie and Charles showed
>> interest but never really contribute AFAIK.
>>
>> Otto's club has accounts on twitter, ideantica and other SN. You are
>> welcome to contribute anytime.
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Florian Effenberger
>> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> I've asked Alexandro various times, without reply :-(
>>>
>>> Florian

*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* Español
http://es.openoffice.org