Old documents.

Tony Guidotti
How can documents be found that have been removed from the open files
dropdown list

Re: Old documents.

Keith N. McKenna
On 4/10/2018 2:51 PM, Tony Guidotti wrote:
> How can documents be found that have been removed from the open files
> dropdown list

Use the file manager or file search capabilities of your operating
system. e.g. filer explorer for Windows

Regards
Keith N. McKenna

Re: Old documents.

Lucetta
Open OpenOffice
Go to the top bar on your screen
Click on File & hold your finger down
Scroll down to second item which is Open...
This will open an Open window
On the second bar just below the title Open you will see three icons on the right hand side.
Click on the first icon, a tiny file folder with an even smaller green & red arrows.
This will open a /Users window probably with you name as user after the slash
In the window under this you will see Desktop
Documents
Downloads
Library
Movies
Etc
Etc
I’m not going to list all these as yours may be different
Double click on Documents to open that folder
Scroll down to find you document
Double click on your document to open

If you can’t find your document go back to the the folder icon on the top right with the little green & red arrow & click again to return to the /Users/
Then click on another folder.

Work your way through the possible choices Your file might also be in Desktop or where ever you automatically save your documents.

You can also go to the bottom of the window  to File name
Enter the name of your document and click on open on the far right

You can further refine you search at the bottom of the /Users/ window with version:  and File type.
  I recommend you leave that at the default, All files( can’t duplicate the other symbols on my phone)

Good luck!