Open Office Icon on Desktop does not show your blue and white seabird logo

Open Office Icon on Desktop does not show your blue and white seabird logo

Tom Giaccherini
Hello:

I just installed the newest version of Open Office.  The icon on my desktop
is a rectangle that looks like a page of white paper with a folded corner.
A blue square is inside, and lots of very small squares reside inside the
blue square.

What happened to your circular icon with the white birds against the blue
circle?  How do I place that icon on my desktop?

Thanks,

T.

Re: Open Office Icon on Desktop does not show your blue and white seabird logo

Regina Henschel
Hello Tom,

Tom Giaccherini schrieb am 05-Mar-19 um 15:26:

> Hello:
>

> I just installed the newest version of Open Office.  The icon on my desktop
> is a rectangle that looks like a page of white paper with a folded corner.
> A blue square is inside, and lots of very small squares reside inside the
> blue square.
>

> What happened to your circular icon with the white birds against the blue
> circle?  How do I place that icon on my desktop?

Where do you have downloaded the software?

What is written in Help > About?

I have got a version 4.1.6 and that has a round, blue icon with two
white birds. It is likely, that you do not have got our original OpenOffice.

Kind regards
Regina

RE: Open Office Icon on Desktop does not show your blue and white seabird logo

Tom Giaccherini
Regina:

Thanks very much for your time and advice.

Could you suggest a link for downloading the authentic version of verison 4.1.6 that will place the blue and white logo on my desktop after it is installed?  My PC runs Windows 7.

I really like the birds.

Have a Great Week,
Tom.

Tom Giaccherini schrieb am 05-Mar-19 um 15:26:

> Hello:
>

> I just installed the newest version of Open Office.  The icon on my desktop
> is a rectangle that looks like a page of white paper with a folded corner.
> A blue square is inside, and lots of very small squares reside inside the
> blue square.
>

> What happened to your circular icon with the white birds against the blue
> circle?  How do I place that icon on my desktop?

Where do you have downloaded the software?

What is written in Help > About?

I have got a version 4.1.6 and that has a round, blue icon with two
white birds. It is likely, that you do not have got our original OpenOffice.

Kind regards
Regina

RE: Open Office Icon on Desktop does not show your blue and white seabird logo

David Belina-2
The only official download site is here:

http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

Anything else is a fake.

Dave

On March 5, 2019 at 11:26:46 AM, Tom Giaccherini ([hidden email]) wrote:

Regina:

Thanks very much for your time and advice.

Could you suggest a link for downloading the authentic version of verison 4.1.6 that will place the blue and white logo on my desktop after it is installed? My PC runs Windows 7.

I really like the birds.

Have a Great Week,
Tom.

Tom Giaccherini schrieb am 05-Mar-19 um 15:26:

> Hello:
>

> I just installed the newest version of Open Office. The icon on my desktop
> is a rectangle that looks like a page of white paper with a folded corner.
> A blue square is inside, and lots of very small squares reside inside the
> blue square.
>

> What happened to your circular icon with the white birds against the blue
> circle? How do I place that icon on my desktop?

Where do you have downloaded the software?

What is written in Help > About?

I have got a version 4.1.6 and that has a round, blue icon with two
white birds. It is likely, that you do not have got our original OpenOffice.

Kind regards
Regina

Re: Open Office Icon on Desktop does not show your blue and white seabird logo

Rory O'Farrell
On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 10:22:03 -0800

www.openoffice.org/download/ will give you access to the Apache downloads.

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

RE: Open Office Icon on Desktop does not show your blue and white seabird logo

Tom Giaccherini
Regina:

Thanks for taking the time to provide your assistance.

The problem was my "text and icon size" setting in Windows 7  (Control Panel/Display).  I had my PC set at "large," and that apparently prevented Open Office from creating the blue and white logo on my desktop.

Once you reset to the smaller size and reboot, the logo appears.

Thanks again for all your time and help.

How is everything in Germany?