Quantcast

Open Office Latest Update

Edwin Irving
Just updated to Open Office 4.1.3 and now I can’’t open the App. I get
“OpenOffice" can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

"Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers."

At first it wouldn’t let me download the update until I turned off my Firewall. After doing this, it downloaded and replaced the older version. Now it won’t open and gives me the above messages even after the firewall is turned off.

What can I do to open the APP?

Thanks Ed

Fwd: Open Office Latest Update

Edwin Irving
I figured it out. there are two places that prevent downloads. All is well. thanks for a great product.

Ed Irving

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Edwin Irving <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Open Office Latest Update
> Date: April 6, 2017 at 5:40:17 PM EDT
> To: Open Office App support <[hidden email]>
>
> Just updated to Open Office 4.1.3 and now I can’’t open the App. I get
> “OpenOffice" can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
>
> "Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers."
>
> At first it wouldn’t let me download the update until I turned off my Firewall. After doing this, it downloaded and replaced the older version. Now it won’t open and gives me the above messages even after the firewall is turned off.
>
> What can I do to open the APP?
>
> Thanks Ed

Re: Open Office Latest Update

Jim McLaughlin
Get an actual computer and operating system instead of an Apple product.

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Edwin Irving <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just updated to Open Office 4.1.3 and now I can’’t open the App. I get
> “OpenOffice" can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
>
> "Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac
> App Store and identified developers."
>
> At first it wouldn’t let me download the update until I turned off my
> Firewall. After doing this, it downloaded and replaced the older version.
> Now it won’t open and gives me the above messages even after the firewall
> is turned off.
>
> What can I do to open the APP?
>
> Thanks Ed

Re: Open Office Latest Update

Larry Gusaas-4
On 2017-04-06, 4:31 PM Jim McLaughlin wrote

> Get an actual computer and operating system instead of an Apple product.

Take your anti-Apple FUD and shove it.

On 2017-04-06, 3:40 PM Edwin Irving wrote concerning "Open Office Latest Update":

> Just updated to Open Office 4.1.3 and now I can’’t open the App. I get
> “OpenOffice" can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
>
> "Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers."
>
> At first it wouldn’t let me download the update until I turned off my Firewall. After doing this, it downloaded and replaced the older version. Now it won’t open and gives me the above messages even after the firewall is turned off.
>
> What can I do to open the APP?

If you had read the release notes (which you should always read on any software) you would have
seen the Known Issues which would have solved your problem.

Go to:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.3ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: Open Office Latest Update

Jim McLaughlin
So sad that facts so often ruin your day.

Even sadder that you are incapable of any communication without profanity
and threats of violence.

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 3:38 PM, Larry Gusaas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2017-04-06, 4:31 PM Jim McLaughlin wrote
>
> Get an actual computer and operating system instead of an Apple product.
>>

> Take your anti-Apple FUD and shove it.
>
> On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Edwin Irving <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Just updated to Open Office 4.1.3 and now I can’’t open the App. I get
>>> “OpenOffice" can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified
>>> developer.
>>>
>>> "Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac
>>> App Store and identified developers."
>>>
>>> At first it wouldn’t let me download the update until I turned off my
>>> Firewall. After doing this, it downloaded and replaced the older version.
>>> Now it won’t open and gives me the above messages even after the firewall
>>> is turned off.
>>>
>>> What can I do to open the APP?
>>>
>>> Thanks Ed

Malicious Posters

John Hart-2
Why do moderators of this list allow malicious posters to ruin it's
effectiveness? On 4/6/2017 3:31 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: Get an actual
computer and operating system instead of an Apple product. --- On
3/9/2017 5:20 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: You really are a  dumb fuck. ---
On 2/26/2017 12:16PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: And yet you've responded
twice to my post, which you could have ignored. You apparently do think
I care, and lack the self restraint to control yourself. I own you. ---
On 2/26/2017 10:38AM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: Imagine how much I care what
you think. --- 2017-02-26 18:01 GMT+01:00 Jim McLaughlin Why would
Microsoft alter Windows Defender in Win 10 to make use of open source
garbage like OO 4.1.3 easier? <clip> You are at best naive. --- On
2/6/2017 1:42 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: I give you a litany of the
defects that have plagued OO since at least ver 2.0, unrepaired, and
yourr response is personal perjorative insults. --- On 2/6/2017 1:09 PM,
Jim McLaughlin wrote: OO is a bad joke. yaers and years with the same
defects, --- On 2/2/2017 10:30 AM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: So you are a
dumb shit incapable of receiving advice in th omly manner in which it is
offered. --- On 1/29/2017 12:29 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: Yet another
instane of a long festering defect in the OO "organization" --- On
1/5/2017 7:19 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: SElf proclaimed Apple fanatics
like Goeyass are incapable of actually learning. Etc........

Re: Malicious Posters

James Plante
+1

> On Apr 6, 2017, at 6:20 PM, John Hart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Why do moderators of this list allow malicious posters to ruin it's effectiveness? On 4/6/2017 3:31 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: Get an actual computer and operating system instead of an Apple product. --- On 3/9/2017 5:20 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: You really are a  dumb fuck. --- On 2/26/2017 12:16PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: And yet you've responded twice to my post, which you could have ignored. You apparently do think I care, and lack the self restraint to control yourself. I own you. --- On 2/26/2017 10:38AM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: Imagine how much I care what you think. --- 2017-02-26 18:01 GMT+01:00 Jim McLaughlin Why would Microsoft alter Windows Defender in Win 10 to make use of open source garbage like OO 4.1.3 easier? <clip> You are at best naive. --- On 2/6/2017 1:42 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: I give you a litany of the defects that have plagued OO since at least ver 2.0, unrepaired, and yourr response is personal perjorative insults. --- On 2/6/2017 1:09 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: OO is a bad joke. yaers and years with the same defects, --- On 2/2/2017 10:30 AM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: So you are a dumb shit incapable of receiving advice in th omly manner in which it is offered. --- On 1/29/2017 12:29 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: Yet another instane of a long festering defect in the OO "organization" --- On 1/5/2017 7:19 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: SElf proclaimed Apple fanatics like Goeyass are incapable of actually learning. Etc........

Re: Malicious Posters

Nellyfanjita Computer
Dear Jim,

I had the same problem and even when I have tried to leave the bloody awful, useless help forums because of ridiculously unhelpful and abusive comments from various adjudicators, I am still inundated with emails from people I don`t know. I mark them all as phishing scam and bin them.  You won`t get any help and I have no idea how Apache Open Office are even still operating, they are rubbish and a stain on humanity.

________________________________
> On Apr 6, 2017, at 6:20 PM, John Hart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Why do moderators of this list allow malicious posters to ruin it's effectiveness? On 4/6/2017 3:31 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: Get an actual computer and operating system instead of an Apple product. --- On 3/9/2017 5:20 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: You really are a  dumb fuck. --- On 2/26/2017 12:16PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: And yet you've responded twice to my post, which you could have ignored. You apparently do think I care, and lack the self restraint to control yourself. I own you. --- On 2/26/2017 10:38AM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: Imagine how much I care what you think. --- 2017-02-26 18:01 GMT+01:00 Jim McLaughlin Why would Microsoft alter Windows Defender in Win 10 to make use of open source garbage like OO 4.1.3 easier? <clip> You are at best naive. --- On 2/6/2017 1:42 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: I give you a litany of the defects that have plagued OO since at least ver 2.0, unrepaired, and yourr response is personal perjorative insults. --- On 2/6/2017 1:09 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: OO is a bad joke. yaers and years with the same defects, --- On 2/2/2017 10:30 AM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: So you are a dumb shit incapable of receiving advice in th omly manner in which it is offered. --- On 1/29/2017 12:29 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: Yet another instane of a long festering defect in the OO "organization" --- On 1/5/2017 7:19 PM, Jim McLaughlin wrote: SElf proclaimed Apple fanatics like Goeyass are incapable of actually learning. Etc........

Re: Malicious Posters

Dave-5
On 07.04.2017 01:20, John Hart wrote:
> Why do moderators of this list allow malicious posters to ruin it's
> effectiveness?

John,

Please do not blame the moderators. The posts you are referring to in
this thread come from list subscribers and moderators only get to see
these posts at the same time as you and other subscribers receive them.
It is only possible for moderators to take any action that can be taken
after the posts have reached the list. Moderators do contact subscribers
(normally off-list) about posts which contravene the list List Conduct
Guidelines: https://openoffice.apache.org/list-conduct.html

In this instance I would request both Jim and Larry to please read and
take note of those guidelines.

I suspect that you might be suggesting some kind of immediate ban on
posters who breach the guidelines. By their very nature, such decisions
to ban would be very subjective and arbitrary, plus the PMC has not
endowed list moderators with this authority.

While I do not disagree with your sentiments regarding inappropriate
posts damaging the list's effectiveness, there is no proactive action
moderators can take to prevent these "flame wars" from ever starting.

Regards
Dave
never be read.