Open Office MESSAGE LIST

Jill Melanie Wirth

Please remove my two messages on June 26th, and James Plante's on the 27th (which contain my name and email address).
Thank you.

Jill Melanie Wirth

On 2017-06-26, 3:40 PM Jill Melanie        Wirth wrote concerning "Open Office for MacBook (corrected        question)":

(I sent a previous email, but I don't think it was clear.)

Hello ~ I used Open Office 3.4.1 on my Mac OS X version 10.6.8
I just bought a Mac OS Sierra, version 10.12.5
I would like to download Open Office onto this computer.
Please tell me which Open Office to choose.
Thank you very much for your help.
All the Best,
Jill Wirth

    The latest version of Apache OpenOffice will work on your Mac.

    Download it from: http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

    Also from the release notes known issues athttps://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.3ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

For macOS        users:

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 will be flagged by the Gatekeeper          facility in Mac OS X. This is a feature to help guard against          malware on recent Mac OS X systems.

For Mac OS X up to 10.11 "El Capitan": There is a              procedure laid out at the following link to allow              applications not installed from the Mac App store to run.              See the Mac support article.

For Mac OS X 10.12 "Sierra": In Finder, Control-click or              right click the icon of the app. Select Open from the top              of contextual menu that appears. Click Open in the dialog              box. If prompted, enter an administrator name and              password.This is needed just the first time you launch              Apache OpenOffice.

Due to a known bug in Oracle Java installations          of Apache OpenOffice on OSX that do not have the legacy Apple          Java 6 installed will not be able to recognize Oracle Java 7,          8, and possibly 9. The work around until the Java bug is fixed          is to install the legacy version of Apple Java from the          following link: Legacy            Apple Java 6. This will allow the portions of AOO that          require Java to run properly.

--
As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at <[hidden email]> - replies to my personal email address will be ignored.

Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not see all the replies to your query.To subscribe Apache OpenOffice mailing lists go to

_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: Open Office MESSAGE LIST

Andrea Pescetti-2
Jill wrote:
> Please remove my two messages on June 26th, and James Plante's on the 27th (which contain my name and email address).

Requests for removal must be sent to Infra:
https://www.apache.org/foundation/public-archives.html
but, as you will read there, it is very rare that archives are edited,
and the Apache Software Foundation does not control the many mirror
services that will continue to make your messages available even if it
is remove from the ASF archives.

Regards,
   Andrea.