Open Office Suite or Libre Office Suite

Khun Long Back
Dear Sir,

Re:

I was looking at downloading an alternative to Microsoft Office. A friend
recommended either the OpenOffice Suite or the LibreOffice Suite. However,
I was doing a research on Google and there is a June 7, 2017, article
written by FossyBytes stating that both platforms ate the same but it seems
to have recommended LibreOffice.

I wanted to ask your good opinion which suite has had the latest update and
most compatible with Windows 10.

Regards,

George NM

George

RE: Open Office Suite or Libre Office Suite

Marla Davis
Greetings,
George, I personally prefer LibreOffice. The LibreOffice people are on top of their game. That is to say, they work together as a unit.
Both suites are good. You can try both if you want to make a comparison. Templates and extensions are compatible between the suites. (They were, at least, when I last used both.)
Regards,
Marla Davis

Marcus (OOo)
Am 12.06.2017 um 19:59 schrieb Khun Long Back:
> I was looking at downloading an alternative to Microsoft Office. A friend
> recommended either the OpenOffice Suite or the LibreOffice Suite. However,
> I was doing a research on Google and there is a June 7, 2017, article
> written by FossyBytes stating that both platforms ate the same but it seems
> to have recommended LibreOffice.
>
> I wanted to ask your good opinion which suite has had the latest update and
> most compatible with Windows 10.

I don't know how perfect it is integrated into Window as I don't use it.
But I prefer the original - and this is OpenOffice.

Marcus

Re: Open Office Suite or Libre Office Suite

Dave Fisher

On Jun 12, 2017, at 1:42 PM, Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:

Am 12.06.2017 um 19:59 schrieb Khun Long Back:
I was looking at downloading an alternative to Microsoft Office. A friend
recommended either the OpenOffice Suite or the LibreOffice Suite. However,
I was doing a research on Google and there is a June 7, 2017, article
written by FossyBytes stating that both platforms ate the same but it seems
to have recommended LibreOffice.
I wanted to ask your good opinion which suite has had the latest update and
most compatible with Windows 10.

I don't know how perfect it is integrated into Window as I don't use it. But I prefer the original - and this is OpenOffice.

George NM -

Which is better for your use - Apache OpenOffice or The Document Foundation’s LibreOffice - will depend on your own use. I recommend that you try both and see if there are features that you need that are only available on one. You should be very free to select the Free and OpenSource Software that best meets your needs.

If you find anything missing in Apache OpenOffice then the Apache OpenOffice project would appreciate you letting us know on our mailing list right here.

Best Regards,
Dave

Marcus

Re: Open Office Suite or Libre Office Suite

Khun Long Back
Thanks, I'll check it out.

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 4:50 PM Dave Fisher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2017, at 1:42 PM, Marcus <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Am 12.06.2017 um 19:59 schrieb Khun Long Back:
>
> I was looking at downloading an alternative to Microsoft Office. A friend
> recommended either the OpenOffice Suite or the LibreOffice Suite. However,
> I was doing a research on Google and there is a June 7, 2017, article
> written by FossyBytes stating that both platforms ate the same but it seems
> to have recommended LibreOffice.
> I wanted to ask your good opinion which suite has had the latest update and
> most compatible with Windows 10.
>

> I don't know how perfect it is integrated into Window as I don't use it.
> But I prefer the original - and this is OpenOffice.
>

> George NM -
>
> Which is better for your use - Apache OpenOffice or The Document
> Foundation’s LibreOffice - will depend on your own use. I recommend that
> you try both and see if there are features that you need that are only
> available on one. You should be very free to select the Free and
> OpenSource Software that best meets your needs.
>
> If you find anything missing in Apache OpenOffice then the
> Apache OpenOffice project would appreciate you letting us know on our
> mailing list right here.
>
> Best Regards,
> Dave
>

> Marcus