Open Office Text Document

ralph chernoff
Text Document button opens enormous page and character size, way bigger than normal.
Format/page is ineffective, doesn’t change size.

Re: Open Office Text Document

Rory O'Farrell
On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 11:10:46 -0700
ralph chernoff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Text Document button opens enormous page and character size, way bigger than normal.
> Format/page is ineffective, doesn’t change size.

/View /Zoom, or pull the slider at bottom right of OpenOffice window.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Open Office Text Document

Brian Barker
At 11:10 28/07/2017 -0700, Ralph Chernoff wrote:
>Text Document button opens enormous page and character size, way
>bigger than normal. Format/page is ineffective, doesn't change size.

You are confusing two ideas: the appearance of the document when
printed and on screen during editing.

Format | Page... adjusts the parameters of the actual document - as
it will appear when printed.

If the editing display is inappropriate, you need to adjust the view.
This can be done in various ways:

o Go to View | Zoom... and adjust values to suit.

o Use the zoom slider towards the right end of the Status Bar (at the
bottom of the window). Either drag the slider or click the + and -
signs as desired.

o Right-click the zoom level percent - at the extreme right of the
Status Bar - and select one of the values in the context menu.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Open Office Text Document

Howard Blum
Just a note to say how much I enjoy the suite of apps and the community
support and help.

Totally awesome!

Thanks.

HB

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Brian Barker <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> At 11:10 28/07/2017 -0700, Ralph Chernoff wrote:
>
>> Text Document button opens enormous page and character size, way bigger
>> than normal. Format/page is ineffective, doesn't change size.
>>

> You are confusing two ideas: the appearance of the document when printed
> and on screen during editing.
>
> Format | Page... adjusts the parameters of the actual document - as it
> will appear when printed.
>
> If the editing display is inappropriate, you need to adjust the view. This
> can be done in various ways:
>
> o Go to View | Zoom... and adjust values to suit.
>
> o Use the zoom slider towards the right end of the Status Bar (at the
> bottom of the window). Either drag the slider or click the + and - signs as
> desired.
>
> o Right-click the zoom level percent - at the extreme right of the Status
> Bar - and select one of the values in the context menu.
>
> I trust this helps.
>
> Brian Barker

Howard Blum
Pro Mobile Notary