Open Office Version 4.1.6 on a Window 10 Program.

Open Office Version 4.1.6 on a Window 10 Program.

Vickie Morgan

I now have Open Office on my Window 10 Desktop.  I have not been able to open documents that I already had.  I get a boxes that ask me for Character Set (regions, I’ve tried changing to some that might work, but haven’t had any luck yet.),  The whole box is titled ASCII Filter Options.  Default fonts on Times New Roman.  Language – English (USA)  Paragraph break CR & LF.  Other options CR or LF.  I have used Open Office before and have never run into this problem.

Can you tell me what I need to do to open a document.

Vickie Morgan
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> or [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

RE: Open Office Version 4.1.6 on a Window 10 Program.

Ella Oblas
Double click?

________________________________
I now have Open Office on my Window 10 Desktop.  I have not been able to open documents that I already had.  I get a boxes that ask me for Character Set (regions, I’ve tried changing to some that might work, but haven’t had any luck yet.),  The whole box is titled ASCII Filter Options.  Default fonts on Times New Roman.  Language – English (USA)  Paragraph break CR & LF.  Other options CR or LF.  I have used Open Office before and have never run into this problem.

Can you tell me what I need to do to open a document.

Vickie Morgan
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> or [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Open Office Version 4.1.6 on a Window 10 Program.

David Robley
What type of files are these that you are trying to open? If they are
PDF then you need to use a PDF reader; OpenOffice does not handle PDF files.

go to http://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html As a courtesy I
have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do
Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
will be ignored.

On 20/7/19 5:03 am, Vickie Morgan wrote:

> I now have Open Office on my Window 10 Desktop.  I have not been able to open documents that I already had.  I get a boxes that ask me for Character Set (regions, I’ve tried changing to some that might work, but haven’t had any luck yet.),  The whole box is titled ASCII Filter Options.  Default fonts on Times New Roman.  Language – English (USA)  Paragraph break CR & LF.  Other options CR or LF.  I have used Open Office before and have never run into this problem.
>
> Can you tell me what I need to do to open a document.
>
> Vickie Morgan
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> or [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Cheers
--
David Robley

Useless Invention: Reduced calorie water.