Open Office Writer crashes

Lin Iseminger
I apologize if this is not the right place to send this but in case it is…

Almost every time I use the program it says something unexpected occurred and anything I had open needs to be recovered.  Most of the time the recovery is successful but once in awhile it fails.  Any Ideas?

Apache Open Office 4.1.5

AOO415m1(Build:9789)  -  Rev. 1817496
2017-12-11 17:25

Lin

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Open Office Writer crashes

David Robley
On 6/11/18 12:49 pm, Lin Iseminger wrote:

> I apologize if this is not the right place to send this but in case it is…
>
> Almost every time I use the program it says something unexpected occurred and anything I had open needs to be recovered.  Most of the time the recovery is successful but once in awhile it fails.  Any Ideas?
>
> Apache Open Office 4.1.5
>
> AOO415m1(Build:9789)  -  Rev. 1817496
> 2017-12-11 17:25
>
> Lin
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I assume you are using Windows 10; there have been reports of Windows 10 updates causing issues - see https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63667

Cheers
--
David Robley

#1 BORG Hit Parade: We all sleep in a single subroutine

Re: Open Office Writer crashes

W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof.
On Tue, 6 Nov 2018, David Robley wrote:

> On 6/11/18 12:49 pm, Lin Iseminger wrote:
>> I apologize if this is not the right place to send this but in case it is…
>>
>> Almost every time I use the program it says something unexpected occurred
>> and anything I had open needs to be recovered.  Most of the time the
>> recovery is successful but once in awhile it fails.  Any Ideas?
>>
>> Apache Open Office 4.1.5
>>
>> AOO415m1(Build:9789)  -  Rev. 1817496
>> 2017-12-11 17:25
>>
>> Lin
>>
>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10
>>

> I assume you are using Windows 10; there have been reports of Windows 10
> updates causing issues - see
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63667

For me this link points to a 2013 issue related to document paths.

- Robert

Re: Open Office Writer crashes

Keith N. McKenna
Forwarding to OP whom is not subscribed.
Lin; please reply only to the list at mailto:[hidden email]

Regards
Keith

On 6/11/18 11:40 pm, W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof. wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Nov 2018, David Robley wrote:
>
>> On 6/11/18 12:49 pm, Lin Iseminger wrote:
>>> I apologize if this is not the right place to send this but in case it is…
>>>
>>> Almost every time I use the program it says something unexpected occurred
>>> and anything I had open needs to be recovered.  Most of the time the
>>> recovery is successful but once in awhile it fails.  Any Ideas?
>>>
>>> Apache Open Office 4.1.5
>>>
>>> AOO415m1(Build:9789)  -  Rev. 1817496
>>> 2017-12-11 17:25
>>>
>>> Lin
>>>
>>> Sent from Mail for Windows 10
>>>

>> I assume you are using Windows 10; there have been reports of Windows 10
>> updates causing issues - see
>> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63667
> For me this link points to a 2013 issue related to document paths.
>
> - Robert

Apologies, that URL shoiuld be
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=94690#p451449

Cheers
--
David Robley

Vote Democrat--Washington needs more blood and Gore.

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018, David Robley wrote:

> On 6/11/18 11:40 pm, W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof. wrote:

>>> I assume you are using Windows 10; there have been reports of Windows 10
>>> updates causing issues - see
>>> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63667
>> For me this link points to a 2013 issue related to document paths.
>>
>> - Robert
>>
> Apologies, that URL shoiuld be
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=94690#p451449

Thanks. I'm cc'ing the original poster who apparently has not
subscribed to the list.

- Robert