Open Office Writer

Gert Beumer
Hello all,

I downloaded version 4.1.8 of Apache Open office, but I still can’t open .docx documents. Open Office failed every time.
Am I forced to buy MS Office?

met vriendelijke groet
Gert Beumer
Gossaertstraat 4
3961 VL  Wijk bij Duurstede
e-mail: [hidden email]
M:      +31 653 898 655

Re: Open Office Writer

Hagar Delest-2
Hi,

AOO can open .docx but cannot save in that format. LibreOffice can however.
Basically, if you need to exchange documents in .docx, then stick to MS
Office, that's the vendor lock-in policy.

Beware, you're not subscribed to the list. You may miss other replies.

Hagar