Open Office base will not recognise and usae JRE.

Open Office base will not recognise and usae JRE.

Juliet Blackburn
Open Office base will do nothing without JRE - it won't print, it won't
export and the wizards don't work.   I am on a home XP computer and I
have tried installing loads of different Java run-times.  Although Open
Office base recognises that it is there, it will not use it!   When I
give it the right location to look, it says that the run  files are not
there.   I just want to print out a query or export it.

regards

Juliet

Re: Open Office base will not recognise and usae JRE.

zahra a
hi.
i think that the last supported version of java for windows xp is
version 7 of java.
openoffice requires java base, but you can use other component without
installation of java.

On 2/6/18, Juliet Blackburn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Open Office base will do nothing without JRE - it won't print, it won't
> export and the wizards don't work.   I am on a home XP computer and I
> have tried installing loads of different Java run-times.  Although Open
> Office base recognises that it is there, it will not use it!   When I
> give it the right location to look, it says that the run  files are not
> there.   I just want to print out a query or export it.
>
> regards
>
> Juliet

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Re: Open Office base will not recognise and usae JRE.

Girvin Herr-2
Juliet,

Are you sure you have the correct 32-bit or 64-bit JRE (Java Runtime
Environment) installed to match the OpenOffice you have installed?
They cannot be mixed.
I am currently using 32-bit Oracle Java 1.8u131 which seems to work fine.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

I assume you set up AOO to use the JRE with Tools -> Options ->
OpenOffice - Java and selecting the JRE you need to use.

You don't say if you are using the internal AOO database engine or an
external database server such as MySQL. I have no experience with the
AOO internal server, but there are additional steps needed to connect
AOO Base to an external server.

Have you "registered" the database?

Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice Base -> Databases
Use "New" to add (register) a database.

Then you should be able to bring up Base on that registered database.

HTH.
Girvin Herr