Open Office for Sraco Co. SAUDI ARABIA

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Open Office for Sraco Co. SAUDI ARABIA

Mohammed Taha Mohammed Ahmed
Dear Sir /madam,

Please provide your distributor or service provider in Saudi Arabia, as we
are in processing to replace MS.

*Thanks & Best Regards*

Mohamad Taha Mohamed


*Sraco Co - Purchase Department *

*Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia, Dammam*

*TEL: +966 13-8433441 EXT# 1515*

*Mob no: 0599552016 *

*WhatsApp: 0563262052*

*E-mail: **[hidden email]* <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open Office for Sraco Co. SAUDI ARABIA

Moderator
List subscribers please do not reply to this *SPAM*.

Would the Moderator who allowed this garbage through to the list please
contact me.

Thank you.

Dave


On 24/03/2021 16:29, Mohammed Taha Mohammed Ahmed wrote:

> Dear Sir /madam,
>
> Please provide your distributor or service provider in Saudi Arabia, as we
> are in processing to replace MS.
>
> *Thanks & Best Regards*
>
> Mohamad Taha Mohamed
>
>
> *Sraco Co - Purchase Department *
>
> *Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia, Dammam*
>
> *TEL: +966 13-8433441 EXT# 1515*
>
> *Mob no: 0599552016 *
>
> *WhatsApp: 0563262052*
>
> *E-mail: **[hidden email]* <[hidden email]>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open Office for Sraco Co. SAUDI ARABIA

Simon Phipps-3
In what sense is a company asking for a support provider for
ApacheOpenOffice on the User list "SPAM"?

S.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 5:15 PM Moderator <[hidden email]> wrote:

> List subscribers please do not reply to this *SPAM*.
>
> Would the Moderator who allowed this garbage through to the list please
> contact me.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Dave
>
>
> On 24/03/2021 16:29, Mohammed Taha Mohammed Ahmed wrote:
> > Dear Sir /madam,
> >
> > Please provide your distributor or service provider in Saudi Arabia, as
> we
> > are in processing to replace MS.
> >
> > *Thanks & Best Regards*
> >
> > Mohamad Taha Mohamed
> >
> >
> > *Sraco Co - Purchase Department *
> >
> > *Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia, Dammam*
> >
> > *TEL: +966 13-8433441 EXT# 1515*
> >
> > *Mob no: 0599552016 *
> >
> > *WhatsApp: 0563262052*
> >
> > *E-mail: **[hidden email]* <[hidden email]>
> >
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

--
*Simon Phipps*
*Office:* +1 (415) 683-7660 *or* +44 (238) 098 7027
*Signal/Mobile*:  +44 774 776 2816
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open Office for Sraco Co. SAUDI ARABIA

Wade Smart-2
If the person can post to THIS list, they can find the
download link.

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606
Linux since June 2005

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 12:21 PM Simon Phipps <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> In what sense is a company asking for a support provider for
> ApacheOpenOffice on the User list "SPAM"?
>
> S.
>
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 5:15 PM Moderator <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > List subscribers please do not reply to this *SPAM*.
> >
> > Would the Moderator who allowed this garbage through to the list please
> > contact me.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Dave
> >
> >
> > On 24/03/2021 16:29, Mohammed Taha Mohammed Ahmed wrote:
> > > Dear Sir /madam,
> > >
> > > Please provide your distributor or service provider in Saudi Arabia, as
> > we
> > > are in processing to replace MS.
> > >
> > > *Thanks & Best Regards*
> > >
> > > Mohamad Taha Mohamed
> > >
> > >
> > > *Sraco Co - Purchase Department *
> > >
> > > *Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia, Dammam*
> > >
> > > *TEL: +966 13-8433441 EXT# 1515*
> > >
> > > *Mob no: 0599552016 *
> > >
> > > *WhatsApp: 0563262052*
> > >
> > > *E-mail: **[hidden email]* <[hidden email]>
> > >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
>
> --
> *Simon Phipps*
> *Office:* +1 (415) 683-7660 *or* +44 (238) 098 7027
> *Signal/Mobile*:  +44 774 776 2816

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open Office for Sraco Co. SAUDI ARABIA

Simon Phipps-3
They clearly have found the download as they now want to migrate to the
software. Still seems a fair question to me even if it was phrased using
language that upset Dave.

S.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 5:23 PM Wade Smart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If the person can post to THIS list, they can find the
> download link.
>
> --
> Registered Linux User: #480675
> Registered Linux Machine: #408606
> Linux since June 2005
>
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 12:21 PM Simon Phipps <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > In what sense is a company asking for a support provider for
> > ApacheOpenOffice on the User list "SPAM"?
> >
> > S.
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 5:15 PM Moderator <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > List subscribers please do not reply to this *SPAM*.
> > >
> > > Would the Moderator who allowed this garbage through to the list please
> > > contact me.
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> > >
> > > Dave
> > >
> > >
> > > On 24/03/2021 16:29, Mohammed Taha Mohammed Ahmed wrote:
> > > > Dear Sir /madam,
> > > >
> > > > Please provide your distributor or service provider in Saudi Arabia,
> as
> > > we
> > > > are in processing to replace MS.
> > > >
> > > > *Thanks & Best Regards*
> > > >
> > > > Mohamad Taha Mohamed
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > *Sraco Co - Purchase Department *
> > > >
> > > > *Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia, Dammam*
> > > >
> > > > *TEL: +966 13-8433441 EXT# 1515*
> > > >
> > > > *Mob no: 0599552016 *
> > > >
> > > > *WhatsApp: 0563262052*
> > > >
> > > > *E-mail: **[hidden email]* <[hidden email]>
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > >
> > >
> >
> > --
> > *Simon Phipps*
> > *Office:* +1 (415) 683-7660 *or* +44 (238) 098 7027
> > *Signal/Mobile*:  +44 774 776 2816
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

--
*Simon Phipps*
*Office:* +1 (415) 683-7660 *or* +44 (238) 098 7027
*Signal/Mobile*:  +44 774 776 2816
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open Office for Sraco Co. SAUDI ARABIA

Wade Smart-2
That is an assumption.
".. are in processing to replace MS"
could mean, looking at this software, looking at
other software, looking for a provider to do it
because they cant, because they wont, etc.

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606
Linux since June 2005

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 12:28 PM Simon Phipps <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> They clearly have found the download as they now want to migrate to the
> software. Still seems a fair question to me even if it was phrased using
> language that upset Dave.
>
> S.
>
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 5:23 PM Wade Smart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > If the person can post to THIS list, they can find the
> > download link.
> >
> > --
> > Registered Linux User: #480675
> > Registered Linux Machine: #408606
> > Linux since June 2005
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 12:21 PM Simon Phipps <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > In what sense is a company asking for a support provider for
> > > ApacheOpenOffice on the User list "SPAM"?
> > >
> > > S.
> > >
> > > On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 5:15 PM Moderator <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > > List subscribers please do not reply to this *SPAM*.
> > > >
> > > > Would the Moderator who allowed this garbage through to the list please
> > > > contact me.
> > > >
> > > > Thank you.
> > > >
> > > > Dave
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On 24/03/2021 16:29, Mohammed Taha Mohammed Ahmed wrote:
> > > > > Dear Sir /madam,
> > > > >
> > > > > Please provide your distributor or service provider in Saudi Arabia,
> > as
> > > > we
> > > > > are in processing to replace MS.
> > > > >
> > > > > *Thanks & Best Regards*
> > > > >
> > > > > Mohamad Taha Mohamed
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > *Sraco Co - Purchase Department *
> > > > >
> > > > > *Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia, Dammam*
> > > > >
> > > > > *TEL: +966 13-8433441 EXT# 1515*
> > > > >
> > > > > *Mob no: 0599552016 *
> > > > >
> > > > > *WhatsApp: 0563262052*
> > > > >
> > > > > *E-mail: **[hidden email]* <[hidden email]>
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > > > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > *Simon Phipps*
> > > *Office:* +1 (415) 683-7660 *or* +44 (238) 098 7027
> > > *Signal/Mobile*:  +44 774 776 2816
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
>
> --
> *Simon Phipps*
> *Office:* +1 (415) 683-7660 *or* +44 (238) 098 7027
> *Signal/Mobile*:  +44 774 776 2816

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open Office for Sraco Co. SAUDI ARABIA

Moderator
In reply to this post by Simon Phipps-3
Hi Simon,

In the sense that the same day an attempts were made to post this exact
same "boiler plate" *SPAM* to at least four other open source mailing
lists that I know of.

When this post arrived in moderation I checked and noted that it had a
*FORGED* header.

In light of your post, I have gone so far as trying to contact Mohamad
Taha Mohamed at Sraco Co - Purchase Department, only to find that this
character does *NOT* exist.

Now, is that "sense" clear enough for you?

I still do not have an answer to my request for the other moderator to
contact me. Based on information acquired over time I know that Marcus
appointed himself as a list moderator, but our PMC have always
considered it necessary for moderators remain anonymous.

I will repeat the same request for a clear cut, unequivocal answer I
asked the PMC for over 10 years ago: "Why should list moderators not be
able to identify each other". The last time this question was asked some
of our PMC spewed out a meaningless response about privacy, blah, blah,
blah and more BS.

I am about the  one and only moderator for the Apache OpenOffice project
has who actually provides clear, positive, *active* assistance to those
who post to <list name>-[hidden email]

Simon, you and I are very much alike, in the respect that if we take on
a responsibility, be it a trivial list moderation, or establishing a
commercial entity for The Documentation Foundation, we both endeavour to
do the the best job we possibly can.

Dave

On 24/03/2021 17:21, Simon Phipps wrote:

> In what sense is a company asking for a support provider for
> ApacheOpenOffice on the User list "SPAM"?
>
> S.
>
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 5:15 PM Moderator <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> List subscribers please do not reply to this *SPAM*.
>>
>> Would the Moderator who allowed this garbage through to the list please
>> contact me.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>>
>> On 24/03/2021 16:29, Mohammed Taha Mohammed Ahmed wrote:
>>> Dear Sir /madam,
>>>
>>> Please provide your distributor or service provider in Saudi Arabia, as
>> we
>>> are in processing to replace MS.
>>>
>>> *Thanks & Best Regards*
>>>
>>> Mohamad Taha Mohamed
>>>
>>>
>>> *Sraco Co - Purchase Department *
>>>
>>> *Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia, Dammam*
>>>
>>> *TEL: +966 13-8433441 EXT# 1515*
>>>
>>> *Mob no: 0599552016 *
>>>
>>> *WhatsApp: 0563262052*
>>>
>>> *E-mail: **[hidden email]* <[hidden email]>
>>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open Office for Sraco Co. SAUDI ARABIA

Andrew Pitonyak

I am a moderator, but I did not approve that specific message. 

Well, I think I am. I am moderator for some of the lists. 

Seems silly that the moderator list is not available to the other moderators. 


 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Open Office for Sraco Co. SAUDI ARABIA

Simon Phipps-3
In reply to this post by Moderator
Hi!

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 5:57 PM Moderator <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> In the sense that the same day an attempts were made to post this exact
> same "boiler plate" *SPAM* to at least four other open source mailing
> lists that I know of.
>

Fascinating. I haven't seen it on any of the others I handle.


>
> When this post arrived in moderation I checked and noted that it had a
> *FORGED* header.
>
> In light of your post, I have gone so far as trying to contact Mohamad
> Taha Mohamed at Sraco Co - Purchase Department, only to find that this
> character does *NOT* exist.
>
> Now, is that "sense" clear enough for you?
>

Good research, thanks. I could not (and cannot) see an especially useful
spam vector which is why I was happy to assume goodwill & mod it through as
it has been a common list request over the years - generally this list has
been inclusively moderated (even if reactions have often been regrettable).
I haven't seen it in any other spam traps and would do so again were it not
for your research.


> I still do not have an answer to my request for the other moderator to
> contact me. Based on information acquired over time I know that Marcus
> appointed himself as a list moderator, but our PMC have always
> considered it necessary for moderators remain anonymous.
>

To reach the other moderators I mail $list-owner@ - I have always found
mod-to-mod messages get a reply. Mod discussions on-list seem misplaced.


> I will repeat the same request for a clear cut, unequivocal answer I
> asked the PMC for over 10 years ago: "Why should list moderators not be
> able to identify each other". The last time this question was asked some
> of our PMC spewed out a meaningless response about privacy, blah, blah,
> blah and more BS.
>
> I am about the  one and only moderator for the Apache OpenOffice project
> has who actually provides clear, positive, *active* assistance to those
> who post to <list name>-[hidden email]


I also reply when I have the necessary authority to help and see it in time.


> Simon, you and I are very much alike, in the respect that if we take on
> a responsibility, be it a trivial list moderation, or establishing a
> commercial entity for The Documentation Foundation, we both endeavour to
> do the the best job we possibly can.


Thanks. I try (including here).

S.