Open Office for mac

gloria monaghan
Hello I successfully downloaded apache open office for my mac but Safari won’t let me open it. Is there anything I can do so as to use Apache open office? for my high school English classes Thank you, Gloria

Re: Open Office for mac

Howard Blum
I'm assuming you get the error message about the downloaded app. Go to the
system preferences after the error message pops up. Click on security. You
will see an option to open it anyway. It will ask for your administration
password. After that you should be able to open it.

On Dec 29, 2017 8:58 AM, "gloria monaghan" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello I successfully downloaded apache open office for my mac but Safari
> won’t let me open it. Is there anything I can do so as to use Apache open
> office? for my high school English classes Thank you, Gloria

Re: Open Office for mac

Larry Gusaas-4
On 2017-12-29, 10:36 AM gloria monaghan wrote concerning "Open Office for mac":

> Hello I successfully downloaded apache open office for my mac but Safari won’t let me open it. Is there anything I can do so as to use Apache open office? for my high school English classes Thank you, Gloria

 From the release notes at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.4+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.4ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

    *Known Issues*

    *For macOS users:*

        Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 will be flagged by the Gatekeeper facility in Mac OS X. This is
        a feature to help guard against malware on recent Mac OS X systems.

          * For Mac OS X up to 10.11 "El Capitan": There is a procedure laid out at the
            following link to allow applications not installed from the Mac App store to run.
            See the Mac support article.
          * For Mac OS X 10.12 "Sierra": In Finder, Control-click or right click the icon of
            the app. Select Open from the top of contextual menu that appears. Click Open in
            the dialog box. If prompted, enter an administrator name and password.This is
            needed just the first time you launch Apache OpenOffice.

--

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at <[hidden email]> - replies to my personal email address will be ignored.

Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not see all the replies to your query.To subscribe Apache OpenOffice mailing lists go to

_________________________________

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

Re: Open Office for mac

Steven Ahlers
Gloria,

Assuming you downloaded it from OpenOffice.org, opened the DMG and dragged the icon to the Application Folder. Then you are experiencing the Gatekeeper function of the Operating System (not Safari).

To overcome this simply Right-click (Control-click) on the icon in the Application Folder and then follow the subsequent menus to allow the program to open, you should only need to do this the first time.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone