Open Office is crashing. Why?

Megan Hallisey
To whom it may concern,

   I want a phone number to OpenOffice.org to ask about why my Open Office is crashing. There needs to be a phone number to call someone to ask about anything. I did try to ask this on the community, but for some reason, the web site is not recognizing my password, so I am sending this email out. I do not know why I am crashing (the Open Office (both Writer and Cal)). I need help. This stinks (the crashing and trying to find some help.)

Thank you,
Megan Hallisey

Re: Open Office is crashing. Why?

Steven Ahlers
Megan,

The assistance for this free, open source product is provided by users just like you. This email list is the proper place to ask for help. In order for us to help you it is useful to know some information:
1) What operating system and version are you using?
2) What version of OpenOffice are you using?
3) How much RAM does your computer have?
4) What if any error message do you get when the program crashes?

I have sent you a copy of this message, if you’re not subscribed to the mailing list you may miss some responses.

Please reply to the users list at: [hidden email] so that all users can assist you.

Sent from my iPhone

> On July 1, 2020 at 1:02:37 PM, Megan Hallisey ([hidden email]) wrote:
>
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I want a phone number to OpenOffice.org to ask about why my Open Office is crashing. There needs to be a phone number to call someone to ask about anything. I did try to ask this on the community, but for some reason, the web site is not recognizing my password, so I am sending this email out. I do not know why I am crashing (the Open Office (both Writer and Cal)). I need help. This stinks (the crashing and trying to find some help.)
>
> Thank you,
> Megan Hallisey

RE: Open Office is crashing. Why?

Megan Hallisey
Hi,

To answer the questions below…

  1.  I am using Windows 7 (I think).
  2.  I am using 4.1.7 for OpenOffice
  3.  I am not sure what does RAM is, nor do I know how much my computer has
  4.  I have been getting error messages, and the documents will be saved when I opened them again. I don’t know why I am getting error messages and why is OpenOffice crashing.

I had gotten to the point to not have a lot of documents open, and I still get OpenOffice crashing, but now I can’t seem to open anything.

Please help anyone,

Thank you,

Megan Hallisey

The assistance for this free, open source product is provided by users just like you. This email list is the proper place to ask for help. In order for us to help you it is useful to know some information:
1) What operating system and version are you using?
2) What version of OpenOffice are you using?
3) How much RAM does your computer have?
4) What if any error message do you get when the program crashes?

I have sent you a copy of this message, if you’re not subscribed to the mailing list you may miss some responses.

Please reply to the users list at: [hidden email] so that all users can assist you.

Sent from my iPhone

> On July 1, 2020 at 1:02:37 PM, Megan Hallisey ([hidden email]) wrote:
>
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I want a phone number to OpenOffice.org to ask about why my Open Office is crashing. There needs to be a phone number to call someone to ask about anything. I did try to ask this on the community, but for some reason, the web site is not recognizing my password, so I am sending this email out. I do not know why I am crashing (the Open Office (both Writer and Cal)). I need help. This stinks (the crashing and trying to find some help.)
>
> Thank you,
> Megan Hallisey

FW: Open Office is crashing. Why?

Megan Hallisey

Hi everyone,

   Now on today Tuesday August 4, I am having a different problem. OpenOffice is crashing whenever I exit the page preview. I will attach a photo of what I get. That is not what I want to get to. It is half of the page and half of the page preview. Then it crashes closing everything. I can’t even get to the crash report to see why OpenOffice is crashing.

Please, can someone help me. I am struggling to understand this.

Thank you,

Megan Hallisey

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

The assistance for this free, open source product is provided by users just like you. This email list is the proper place to ask for help. In order for us to help you it is useful to know some information:
1) What operating system and version are you using?
2) What version of OpenOffice are you using?
3) How much RAM does your computer have?
4) What if any error message do you get when the program crashes?

I have sent you a copy of this message, if you’re not subscribed to the mailing list you may miss some responses.

Please reply to the users list at: [hidden email] so that all users can assist you.

Sent from my iPhone

> On July 1, 2020 at 1:02:37 PM, Megan Hallisey ([hidden email]) wrote:
>
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I want a phone number to OpenOffice.org to ask about why my Open Office is crashing. There needs to be a phone number to call someone to ask about anything. I did try to ask this on the community, but for some reason, the web site is not recognizing my password, so I am sending this email out. I do not know why I am crashing (the Open Office (both Writer and Cal)). I need help. This stinks (the crashing and trying to find some help.)
>
> Thank you,
> Megan Hallisey

FW: Open Office is crashing. Why?

Megan Hallisey

Sorry one more photo. I get this after the problem I mentioned before (today still), and I get this whenever I click on page preview…