Open Office not responding properly

Ronald Mruss
When I open “Open Office” the following message appears:   "The last time you opened OpenOffice.org, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?”.  If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position the windows yourself.

Open Office is unresponsive to the “Don’t Open”  or “Reopen” boxes that follow the above message.

I can not close the program as the command is not permitted. So I “Force Quit” the program.  Also I can not access files.  I tried to install an update, but no change.
Ron

Re: Open Office not responding properly

Keith N. McKenna
On 1/9/2018 5:20 PM, Ronald Mruss wrote:
> When I open “Open Office” the following message appears:   "The last time you opened OpenOffice.org, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?”.  If you choose not to reopen windows, you may have to open and position the windows yourself.
>
> Open Office is unresponsive to the “Don’t Open”  or “Reopen” boxes that follow the above message.
>

> I can not close the program as the command is not permitted. So I “Force Quit” the program.  Also I can not access files.  I tried to install an update, but no change.
> Ron

Ron;

As Apache OpenOffice (AOO)is cross platform It is always best to tell us
what version of the AOO and what Operating System you are using so we
can better help you.

This sounds like a problem with older versions on macOS. If you are
using a mac follow the instructions at the following link:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55755#p244931

Regards
Keith McKenna

RE: Open Office not responding properly