Open Office not responding

Michael McIvor
Hi,

I get a recurring issue of Open Office ' not responding' when I try to open it.
I got a refurbished Dell Latitude with Windows 10 a few days ago.
I downloaded and fully installed Open Office. It seemed to work ok and
I opened a couple of Word docs and Excel spreadsheets and saved them
as 'Open Office text and Calc docs.
Now when I try to open them or Open Office only it keeps 'not responding'
I have tried Task Manager and End Task without success.

Further info:
When I installed I did not choose the 'desktop' for its location but
into the programs folder on the PC.
Also, once I had installed I then deleted the file from the
'downloads' folder. I did this after I had saved the docs I mentioned.

Any help you can give would be most appreciated.

Michael

Re: Open Office not responding

Rory O'Farrell
On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 14:58:00 +0000
Michael McIvor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get a recurring issue of Open Office ' not responding' when I try to open it.
> I got a refurbished Dell Latitude with Windows 10 a few days ago.
> I downloaded and fully installed Open Office. It seemed to work ok and
> I opened a couple of Word docs and Excel spreadsheets and saved them
> as 'Open Office text and Calc docs.
> Now when I try to open them or Open Office only it keeps 'not responding'
> I have tried Task Manager and End Task without success.

Just to verify: what you should be looking for in TaskManager are "soffice" processes - note the initial letter "s"

Rory

> Further info:
> When I installed I did not choose the 'desktop' for its location but
> into the programs folder on the PC.
> Also, once I had installed I then deleted the file from the
> 'downloads' folder. I did this after I had saved the docs I mentioned.
>
> Any help you can give would be most appreciated.
>
> Michael

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>