Open Office on Vista

Greg Oros
Dear Sir,

I was reading Groklaw and the discussion about the Novell proposed
contribution of an XML translator.  There have been comments that this
translator would make it unnecessary to switch from MS Word to Open
Office.  I was countering with the point that if this translator is free
of infringing code, that it would make unnecessary for me to buy MS Word
2007, and I could stick with Open Office, since Open Office currently
supports all MS documents I've received on Win XP, Linux and Mac OS.
However the question arose in my mind, how well does Open Office work on
Vista?

I tried looking at the projects and could not find any reference to
Vista or Longhorn.

Perhaps someone there could be so kind as to fill in PJ on what if any
status there is on this.

                Respectfully,

                          Greg Oros

Re: Open Office on Vista

Malte Timmermann
Greg,

OOo runs well on my Vista machine.

Currently people are evaluating what to do for enhanced Vista support
(system integration, ...), but that doesn't affect the OOo applications
directly.

HTH,
Malte.