Quantcast

Open Office

longkc1
Gentlemen,

I love your program but have had to stop using it and use MSWord (which I hate) because every time I type the word “of” the program prints “Mr.” Can you help?

Kaye Rossi
Email address – [hidden email]

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Open Office

Rory O'Farrell
On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 17:14:01 -0400
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Gentlemen,
>
> I love your program but have had to stop using it and use MSWord (which I hate) because every time I type the word “of” the program prints “Mr.” Can you help?
>
> Kaye Rossi
> Email address – [hidden email]

Go to /Format /Autocorrect /Autocorrect options, press the Replace tab, scroll down the display until you find "of"; Beside it, in the right hand column, will probably be "Mr.".  Highlight that line and press the Delete button on the Window.

If this is not the case then we need to look for another cause.

--
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Open Office

Rory O'Farrell
I have been privately informed that my suggestion below has solved the problem

RoryOF
-------------------

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 22:38:26 +0100
Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 17:14:01 -0400
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Gentlemen,
> >
> > I love your program but have had to stop using it and use MSWord (which I hate) because every time I type the word “of” the program prints “Mr.” Can you help?
> >
> > Kaye Rossi
> > Email address – [hidden email]
>
> Go to /Format /Autocorrect /Autocorrect options, press the Replace tab, scroll down the display until you find "of"; Beside it, in the right hand column, will probably be "Mr.".  Highlight that line and press the Delete button on the Window.
>
> If this is not the case then we need to look for another cause.
>
> --
> Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Rory O'Farrell <[hidden email]>

Re: Open Office

Johnny Rosenberg

> Gentlemen,
>
> I love your program but have had to stop using it and use MSWord (which I
> hate) because every time I type the word “of” the program prints “Mr.” Can
> you help?

Odd. Did you check your Auto correction options?

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg